Lloyds Banking Group Customer Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Lloyds Banking Group Customer Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Lloyds Banking Group

2.7

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

One to one interview that lasted around 45 minutes. A series of questions were asked, including what you know about the company and what is considered great customer service. Great recruitment team

Interview Questions

• What do you think is great customer service?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lloyds Banking Group

Customer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview

Online application and one phone interview. Really simple. Role play involving a distressed customer and competency based questions. Only referencing after interview takes a couple of months which was quite frustrating.

Anonymous Employee in Sat home

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Sat home).

Interview

So far so good. I have been fairly given the opportunity to a telephone interview with Lloyds banking group due to my disability. An employee phoned with regards to my online requesting further information with regards to my disability.

Interview Questions

• Are any adaptations necessary for the role play interview.   1 Answer

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Face to face interview. Was questioned mainly about customer service experience and working in a team. Wasn’t too difficult really just wanted to measure personality and job competence I guess.

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Ethically bankrupt. I interviewed on the 28th of July and was told 'Congratulations! You have a conditional offer!' I believed this was a standard conditional offer based on good references and the financial credit check.

Several emails which followed began in the same manner. I was then asked to provide a detailed employment and educational history. Despite making it clear that I worked six days in a row following the interview, the company demanded that I complete this ASAP or I would become a reserve candidate. They also requested that I submit proof of address in person on my day off, at the end of the week, which seemed reasonable. The urgent sounding email included 'time is already a very limiting factor in the reference and vetting team’s ability to process your details in time for the 14th August.'

For that reason I stayed up until 2am filling in the detailed online form despite having to get up for work at 6am. It was only then that I was sent the following email:

'Dear (Name),

Thank you for your email.

We had not yet had the opportunity to inform you that we wished to place you as a Reserve candidate, as this call cannot take place until the forms have been submitted. We wanted to inform you now prior to the call as a courtesy to help inform your decision regarding when to complete the Top-Up form. Nobody in the team in the previous steps would have been aware of the position we intended to offer, due to the fact that we have already had enough successful candidates to be placed as official Starters.

If any of these candidates fail their referencing and vetting, or decide to drop out, then there will be a place available for a Reserve candidate to take.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards,

(Name)
    LBG Recruitment Team'

'As a courtesy' after I was required to ask my current manager for a reference in order to complete the forms. At no point earlier was it made clear that the roles were considered filled prior to the interview process.

I called to say how unethical this seemed and withdraw my application. The recruiter refused to answer how many reserves there were. I asked if 'reserves' would be put first for other roles in the company and the answer was no. The recruiter defended this by stating that they need to have reserves in case people fail the referencing stage.

This is an incredibly lazy, selfish method of recruitment.

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a 1:1 interview however, there was two people asking me questions. The interviewers were lovely; their personalities depressurised the situation and the questions weren't to challenging. Be prepared to talk about your personal life, it helps when answering questions.

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I found this position after completing NCS and partaking in headstart by the challenge.

Firstly I had to fill in an online application with basic details and give them permission to look into my history etc. Also I had to upload a cv at the same time.

Thereafter completing this online form. I had to complete some questions based test.
    * mental maths test
    * situation based question.
    * a test where you have to find the matching pair in a list

After I attended a one to one interview where there were many questions.

Customer Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview

After completing online application I had to complete online assessment. Numeracy test was quite hard but I have passed. Next step was a selection event which for me was actually 1:1 interview. I must say I have actually enjoyed that.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions lot of them:
      When did you made a mistake last time and what have you learned from that?
      When were you part of a successful team....
      When did you have to do a prompt decision for the customer?   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

It as in 3 stages after the telephone interview. Face to face interview, group in traction, and role play. Altogether was an OK experience. Very long, and alot of waiting about. Totally unnecessary group stage with 4 assessor watching on in the same room. A little portentous with no one knowing what to do.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went that extra mile for a caller.   1 Answer
    • Present job. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • When did you work well in a team situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't 1

Customer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in December 2015.

Interview

First of all, you need to complete some numerical tests online. After that you are called for an interview with the branch manager if you are successful. The manager was a very nice individual and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural or competency based interview. (Why do you want this job? Describe difficult situation, colleagues and what did you do?)

There was a role play test between me and the manager that I was pretending to be a travel agent that I had to sell a trip to her (client). You get 30 mins to prepare yourself and everything is written on the paper. Easy one! Good luck!   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.