Lloyds Banking Group Customer Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 29 Nov 2018

2.7

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sat home

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Sat home).

Interview

So far so good. I have been fairly given the opportunity to a telephone interview with Lloyds banking group due to my disability. An employee phoned with regards to my online requesting further information with regards to my disability.

Interview Questions

• Are any adaptations necessary for the role play interview.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lloyds Banking Group

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Ethically bankrupt. I interviewed on the 28th of July and was told 'Congratulations! You have a conditional offer!' I believed this was a standard conditional offer based on good references and the financial credit check.

Several emails which followed began in the same manner. I was then asked to provide a detailed employment and educational history. Despite making it clear that I worked six days in a row following the interview, the company demanded that I complete this ASAP or I would become a reserve candidate. They also requested that I submit proof of address in person on my day off, at the end of the week, which seemed reasonable. The urgent sounding email included 'time is already a very limiting factor in the reference and vetting team’s ability to process your details in time for the 14th August.'

For that reason I stayed up until 2am filling in the detailed online form despite having to get up for work at 6am. It was only then that I was sent the following email:

'Dear (Name),

Thank you for your email.

We had not yet had the opportunity to inform you that we wished to place you as a Reserve candidate, as this call cannot take place until the forms have been submitted. We wanted to inform you now prior to the call as a courtesy to help inform your decision regarding when to complete the Top-Up form. Nobody in the team in the previous steps would have been aware of the position we intended to offer, due to the fact that we have already had enough successful candidates to be placed as official Starters.

If any of these candidates fail their referencing and vetting, or decide to drop out, then there will be a place available for a Reserve candidate to take.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards,

(Name)
    LBG Recruitment Team'

'As a courtesy' after I was required to ask my current manager for a reference in order to complete the forms. At no point earlier was it made clear that the roles were considered filled prior to the interview process.

I called to say how unethical this seemed and withdraw my application. The recruiter refused to answer how many reserves there were. I asked if 'reserves' would be put first for other roles in the company and the answer was no. The recruiter defended this by stating that they need to have reserves in case people fail the referencing stage.

This is an incredibly lazy, selfish method of recruitment.

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a 1:1 interview however, there was two people asking me questions. The interviewers were lovely; their personalities depressurised the situation and the questions weren't to challenging. Be prepared to talk about your personal life, it helps when answering questions.

Customer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in December 2015.

Interview

First of all, you need to complete some numerical tests online. After that you are called for an interview with the branch manager if you are successful. The manager was a very nice individual and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural or competency based interview. (Why do you want this job? Describe difficult situation, colleagues and what did you do?)

There was a role play test between me and the manager that I was pretending to be a travel agent that I had to sell a trip to her (client). You get 30 mins to prepare yourself and everything is written on the paper. Easy one! Good luck!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Hiring was in 3 phases. After a written application, there was a telephone interview followed by a taster day with face to face interview. You are asked to take part in a team exercise, do a phone role play and then the interview. As my group was large, there was a lot of waiting around but it was a good chance to take in the environment. Interviews are held in the "live environment" and not a recruitment centre, so you get a good idea of what its like to work there.

Interview Questions

• What do you think best describes a bank's role in society?   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I found this position after completing NCS and partaking in headstart by the challenge.

Firstly I had to fill in an online application with basic details and give them permission to look into my history etc. Also I had to upload a cv at the same time.

Thereafter completing this online form. I had to complete some questions based test.
    * mental maths test
    * situation based question.
    * a test where you have to find the matching pair in a list

After I attended a one to one interview where there were many questions.

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

It as in 3 stages after the telephone interview. Face to face interview, group in traction, and role play. Altogether was an OK experience. Very long, and alot of waiting about. Totally unnecessary group stage with 4 assessor watching on in the same room. A little portentous with no one knowing what to do.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went that extra mile for a caller.   1 Answer
    • Present job. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • When did you work well in a team situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't 1

Customer Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview

After completing online application I had to complete online assessment. Numeracy test was quite hard but I have passed. Next step was a selection event which for me was actually 1:1 interview. I must say I have actually enjoyed that.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions lot of them:
      When did you made a mistake last time and what have you learned from that?
      When were you part of a successful team....
      When did you have to do a prompt decision for the customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through an agency, had an interview the next day. Interview consisted of role playing phone calls that were very simple. Overall the interview process was smooth and fairly easy. I wouldn't be worried about the role playing calls as they discuss it with you in depth and offer advice after the call to help you improve for the next one

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a contact centre before   1 Answer

Customer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in August 2012.

Interview

Involed completing a series of psychometric tests (i.e. deductive reasoning/calculations) and then attending an assesment day which involved a group discussion/mini presentation followed by a one-to-one interview. They interviewers make you feel at ease and provided background information about the responsibilties of the role and the general culture at the bank before proceeding with the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of where you have delivered excellent customer service
      Examples where you have handled confidential information and followed security procedures   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.