Lloyds Banking Group Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Lloyds Banking Group Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions

Updated 28 Mar 2019

2.6

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Filled out online form with quite lengthy background and fairly straightforward competency questions. I was emailed back within 24 hours with the invitation to set up a telephone interview. Telephone interview followed customer service competency questions, was put on hold for 5 minutes and told I had progressed to the next stage where she booked me in and told me I could change the date if needed online. I had to attend the call centre a few days after my telephone interview, we were told to get there early but ended up waiting around for quarter of an hour after the specified time (this is a sign of things to come). A group of us were led to a small conference room where they took documents and explained what would happen during the day, a one on one interview, a group exercise and a role play exercise. Half of us were then taken to a break room to wait while the other half had their interview (about 50 minutes), I then had my interview which was the exact same questions as those in the phone interview. Another half hour wait then we were taken to the group exercises where we were split into groups of four, we were each given a transcript between an adviser and a customer and told we had 10 minutes preparation with the test lasting a further 20 minutes. We were given a sheet with three columns where we would have to decide amongst ourselves what the adviser had done well, what they could improve on, and how we would live the companies values. This was supervised by two adjudicators, honestly it was a poorly thought out exercise for a group assignment. After another half hour wait we were brought out for a telephone role play, we were sat down and the exercise explained and handed the documents to look through before taking our seat at a workstation. We had 10 minutes to study and plan with 10 minutes max for the test. Documents had customer information and a couple of pages of things such as standard greeting and how to resolve certain situations with some product information. After the role play we were given feedback from the tester then taken to wait for our second role play. Another half hour wait and came back to do the same thing with a new customer information sheet before being escorted to the lobby.
I was informed that I had not passed the interview within the following week.

All the people during the interview process were very nice but the group interview stage was a bit insulting. I was annoyed to find the one-to-one interview an exact copy of the phone interview (same questions) being redundant, the poorly designed group exercise and the lack of explanation into the role. What I find unforgiveable is the frankly ludicrous amount of time we were made to wait around, an interview process that had 2 hours of actual substance lasted over 5 hours, total time taken for the Lloyds interview was 7 hours for filling in the application, phone interview and group stage.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you provided exceptional customer experience and how did it make you feel?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lloyds Banking Group

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Firstly, I was contacted by recruitment agency about the job. They conducted a quick 10 minute interview with questions about my previous customer service experience. The second stage involved a tour round the building and 2 role play calls. After the first one we got feedback, and no feedback after the second. I believe that in the second call they were particularly looking out for improvements made from their feedback. The second call was the hardest part of the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a customer wasn't happy and you had to meet their needs.   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview then an interview at the site you will be working at... 2 role play phone calls.. a tour of the building. You get feedback from your 1st call and you fill in a form to say how you felt you did as well. Very relaxed interview minus nerves on calls

Interview Questions

• Role play exercise. 2 calls from a customer to assess your call technique   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Lovely, friendly and very helpful positive experience. Unfortunately for me no offer. Good luck to anyone applying. Just be confident, I'm quite shy which I don't think helped as I was a bag of nerves

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions asked. Lots of them competency based.   2 Answers

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and submitted CV and got through to the following stage which involved 3 online tests. These had to be completed within 5 days - these consisted of calculations, behaviour and a test which involved remembering numbers and letters within very short time frames (like reference numbers). I practiced the tests a lot before which definitely helped. Received an email straight away saying I had passed and was told I would hear from them soon about the next stage. A few days later I got an email saying I have been invited to an interview and they would like me to choose a time slot for the date they had chosen. I had 2 and a half weeks notice so this allowed me time to prepare and start researching etc. Interview day came around and I felt well prepared, a man and lady interviewed - both lovely and easy to talk to. Interview slot was 45 mins. Not too formal either which made me feel more relaxed. Got told the day I would hear from them and had a call around 1pm offering the job. :-)

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you were part of a successful team   Answer Question
    • What would your colleagues say about you if we asked them?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself and why you applied for the position   Answer Question
    • How do you handle angry customers?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me a time you've had to make a quick decision for a customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then received a call for a one to one interview with one or the area managers. Asked general interview questions focused largely on my soft skills as opposed to technical knowledge.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Sheffield, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

It's a Standard process through online application, then I got email to arrange telephone interview, got result immediately for the invitation of group interview. It's a call centre job so they will let you conduct the interview based in the environment you will be working in if you get the job.

Interview Questions

• Basic competency questions. Then group question, followed by practice over the phone to deal with angry customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Online application process. Telephone Interview. Group Interview. Each stage of the interviews had its own difficulties and it gets harder as you progress. The group interview is the most daunting because you spend almost the entire day doing tasks and you are teamed up with people you are competing against for the job. Just make yourself stand out, make an effort to get to know people in your group (shows leadership) and don't be shy. For me,the worst part was going through the security vetting once you receive an offer. This took almost 4 weeks.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

after the on-line prescreening i got an interview.
    The interview is on 3 stages.
    1)Team work : You are with other candidates and discuss about something. My task was that we were part of a fake company selling furnitures and we were to discuss about sales target and customer feedback. It doesn't matter really whats the end of it, just try to make good speech especially on Customer services.
    2) Sales one-to one : You are with your manager and you have a task and a paper with your role and objectives and he plays the part of a customer(he has a different document so he actually doesn't know which are your objectives/task). Than you play a fake conversation. Its a pure sale evaluation to make them understand if you can sell smoothly and efficiently.
    3)Competency-based questionnaire. Yeah, again that bul.lshit. one-to-one the manager ask you some questions,more or less you can find all of them online. My recommendation is to answer using the STAR method as this bu.llshit examination requires.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you had to take a prompt decision and bla bla bla   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Leeds, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Only at the telephone interview stage, which was preceeded by an online form.
    The usual competency based questions for each, along with questions about education, prior experience, references, prior employers and the like.

Interview Questions

• What aspect of the role do you think you will enjoy most?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation that required you to make a prompt decision when dealing with a customer   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.