Lloyds Banking Group Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Lloyds Banking Group Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Lloyds Banking Group

2.6

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in September 2019.

Interview

I applied on line through indeed ... I sent my CV and was sent a link to do on 2 on line tests these took around 30-45 mins. I was told if i was successful I would get an email to book an interview date., I did 2 days later ... and had my interview this week..

Interview Questions

• Questions I was asked were made up of
    Name a time when ....
    Had to deal with an angry customer
    Went above and beyond
    Gave great customer service . We then talked about my experiences. I was interviewed by 2 ladies, who I have to say made me feel relaxed they were very friendly which made for a nice interview. I was made redundant In August after 25 yrs in a customer service role but not a banking /finance. This was a 1st interview so I was a little nervous. My advice is to just try and be yourself & listen .   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lloyds Banking Group

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheltenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Cheltenham, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

I have been called by a recruitment agency and called for a face to face interview. They told me to practice on few STAR method answers and also there would be a role-play as well. The interview went upto 45 mints and there were group of candidates and interviewers.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

The process lasted around 1 month. I applied through indeed, received an email to pick a phone interview time, the phone interview was easy just asking usual questions about eligibility, availability, why you want to work for Lloyds, your skills and qualities etc it took about 20-25 minutes after you answer the questions they put you on hold for a couple of minutes and they come back to tell you wether you will be moving onto the next stage or not if you’re successful they’ll set up a date and time for the assessment centre. The main assessment is a couple of welcome videos then you will go off with 2 people 1 is the assessor and another a scribe basically writing down all of your answers. They ask you a lot of different questions that takes about 30 minutes. Then you will have a break and then it’s time for the role plays. The first one is basically just to settle you in you’ll get 5 minutes to read over the the information and then the assessor will call you (I liked this, usually they do it face to face it was much less uncomfortable this way) and you’ll try to fix there issue. You fill in a feedback form for yourself and then the assessor will come and give you your feedback and then you’ll go onto he second one (this is the important one) don’t let your nerves get the best of you because I think this was my downfall. You’ll basically do the same thing as the first one but take on board all of the feedback because this is what they are looking for. After that it’s finished and you’ll not get anymore feedback. They say that they will contact within 7 days but I had an email the next morning just the usual (unfortunately) email. The overall experience was pretty good and the people there were really nice. I’m disappointed in the outcome because I tried so hard and I know I did really good with all parts of the assessment (except the first role play call, nerves got the best of me) I don’t know what they are looking for but I’m assuming (even though they say the total opposite) it is someone “perfect” and someone who knows exactly what they are doing. If so I don’t see the point in the “extensive training”.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

Lengthy and arduous including the Vettings procedure process with Reed Global. Telephone interview which was easy. No revising needed, just be yourself and give answers from your time at previous jobs or in educational environments. had interview at centre within a week, this was a little harder with an individual, more thorough talk about experience and motivations for joining Lloyds. Plus, a role-playing exercise which i thought i'd done woefully in- but i passed. The vettings is a nightmare if you're like me and have had multiple precarious jobs in the past. My address history is also lengthy so this didnt help. Due to start this coming Monday 30th so all in all, the process took 6 weeks. Fairly lengthy but i hope its worth it.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when there was a change in work and you had to adapt to fulfil objectives (START Method necessary)   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview

I applied online and filled out a fairly standard application form. A few days later I was invited for a telephone interview where the interviewer asked a few basic questions (Why LBG? What skills will you bring? What do you know about the company?). I was told after 5 minutes on hold that I had passed and would receive an email inviting me to a selection event. The email took a few hours to come through and I arranged the event for 1 week later (a few 3 hour time slots to choose from). At the selection event, we sat through a few short videos which described the role further. We then went for our individual interviews which lasted around 45 minutes before having a short break. I was asked 5 or 6 competency based questions based around the values of the company, and asked to give examples. The next stage involved two role-play activities. The first gives you an idea of what to expect and is followed by feedback. Be sure to listen to what the assessor tells you and try to improve on the next call - it's normal to be nervous, everyone was, but it was actually pretty fun and gave a good idea of whether the job is right for you or not. Just make sure you read the brief carefully! I didn't hear anything for one week after my selection event, then got a phonecall telling me I had been successful and would enter into the vetting process. I am currently waiting to hear the outcome of this section, but if all goes well I start next month! From start to finish, all the assessors and managers that I spoke to over the phone and at the selection event were lovely and encouraging.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to complete schedule for a phone interview.

Interviewer called, asked list of questions confirming my address and if I'd worked for the company or any affiliated companies. Then he robotically rattled off all the information about hours and shifts and pay and asked if I'd like to proceed. I said yes, despite missing a lot of what he'd said due to the fact that he spoke quite quickly and I was nervous. I was just happy to have the interview.

He asked me two questions and I thought I answered them well, that I wanted to help people, was quick thinking and ready to problem solve. I also know my limits and when to hand off to a more senior individual, but I will try to make any customer experience a pleasant one.

Often the other end of the line was quiet, since he was typing. Unlike other phone interviews I've had, this wasn't the nice conversation I had in mind. I don't know if they expected me to be bubbly and talkative because he definitely wasn't. He stuck to the sheet. After that, I was put on hold for a moment. When he got back he said thanks, any questions? I asked one. He checked. Gave me an answer and then said 'thanks for doing the interview. We'll review this and you'll be emailed with the results within 48 hours, have a great weekend,' and hung up.

I thought this was an alright experience. But literally 5 minutes after the call, I got an email that said I was not successful. I feel that is too fast to reject someone, but I guess that's the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Lloyds?   1 Answer
    • What qualities do you have that will be good for the role?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

The online careers website was easy and organised as for hearing a about getting the role well. That was the complete opposite. I was told I'd hear back from them in 5 working days it's been almost 3 weeks so far, I did phone them a few times and the last couple of times I have been told my application is waiting for someone to contact me with an offer.

I was also informed that there's a large back log of applications, which make it understandable I guess.

Take note if you really want to work for a position like this and really want it, I'd keep my job searching to a minimum and possibly phone up until you hear the progress on your application. They leave it pretty close to the start date to let you know so if you notice period is long I suggest you speak to your current employer.

But, I'm pleased to hear that I will be getting a job offer and look forward to seeing what skills I can learn.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview

Apply online and completed a short test online. Booked a telephone interview. Awful experience. I rescheduled my telephone interview due to suffering from total loss of hearing in my right ear. They still rang me regardless. Went through basic telephone interview. Line disconnected somehow. I contacted the recruitment team only to be told I will be contacted in a few days with a outcome which I thought was strange. Few minutes later I got an email saying I was unsuccessful. I tried to call the recruitment team to ask for an explanation but they kept hanging up.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

1 Week after my interview I got a call saying I got the job

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

2 stages
    telephonic
    face-face
    telephonic=competency questions
    face-face=competency & role play
    in role play =2 role plays have to pretend as customer service Advisor and staff member will make a call as customer
    1st role play will be reviewed

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.