Lloyds Banking Group Finance Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Lloyds Banking Group Finance Interview Questions

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in February 2016.

Interview

Online tests: numerical and situational judgement (which is just making sure you know the best responses to scenarios in line with their competencies), and you get a feedback report. Upon successful completion, you're invited to complete a video interview (which involves you literally recording your responses to prerecorded questions). About 9 or so questions, with a time limit of 1min 30seconds each. I used around 1 minute of the allowance. You are given 30 seconds before each question to prepare, and then the recording begins! You'll also be given 1 practise question before you start, which is useful as you can see the style of the interview and can replay your answer to see how you look/sound.

Got an email a month later confirming that I had been successful in the video interview, but the finance intern program was full! Was then offered to remain on hold, or switch to the Retail Banking or IT Business Management Stream. I asked to be switch to a different stream and after another 4 weeks, they *finally* called me and gave me a conditional offer.

Although the video interview was really odd at first, I found it less nerve-wracking than a normal interview as you have 30seconds to think about what you want to say without the usual pressure of having an interviewer sitting across from you and waiting! And judging by the online reviews, this is something they've only introduced very recently.

Focus on the competencies and when you've demonstrated them, what you're applying for, and the bank itself and you'll be fine! And considering the minimum requirement is a 2:2, it really isn't that hard to apply for, and the reviews of the internship online seem to be really positive. £18k pro rata, 10 week internship with 5 days holiday, and the guy from HR also added that they offer 80% of interns a place on their grad schemes....

Interview Questions

• When you've used your initiative, how you would go about pleasing internal and external customers, why you chose this particular program, what you particularly like about Lloyds, how you'd go about getting to know your new colleagues   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lloyds Banking Group

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was in the form of a video assessment. The question were quite standard in the fact that they were mainly based on core competencies and the values of the firm. A couple of questions were unusual but the 30 seconds to prepare allowed time to think of an answer.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview

Video Interview- not with real physical interviewer but with automatically recorded questions so at first it felt a bit awkward like you are talking to yourself. However, as I reflect on my experience, I found this kind of video interview is quite refreshing and somehow comfortable. There was no need for starting conversation such as "your name, your course and university, etc." but you would go straight to 12 questions with 30 secs to prepare and 90 secs to answer each.

Interview Questions

• _Why Lloyds? What did you learn about Lloyds during your application? Why are you fit for this role? _General competency questions on helping/assisting others, innovation/improvement of processes, overcoming challenges,   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in November 2015.

Interview

I had to apply online and complete cultural and numerical assessments. The results on whether I passed them or not were emailed to me within a week. After a couple of weeks I received an invitation for a video interview where you are given 30 seconds to prepare and 90 seconds to answer 9 competency questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you meet internal and external customer expectations?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

The video interview was a strengths based test with 9 questions in total and 90 seconds per question to answer. They are typical strengths questions so you shouldn't be too stressed, but do make sure to put the hours in refining your answers!

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy online application, then numerical reasoning test, afterwards an online interview. Was basically very straightforward, only annoying things was they took over 3 weeks to give me any updates after the interview. But I was very happy about the process since I'm currently abroad and I would t have managed to come to an assessment centre which all the other banks require.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.