Lloyds Banking Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Lloyds Banking Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Lloyds Banking Group

2.9

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (London, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied for a role online and was invited for an interview. Before the interview I talked to the hiring manager about the role and what to prepare for the interview. I spent many hours preparing for the interview and researching the team before being called hours before the interview because they’d made a mistake opening it up to external applicants and I wasn’t eligible to apply. Complete waste of time and totally gutting as I had all the right experience and skills to do the job.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in September 2019.

Interview

I applied on line through indeed ... I sent my CV and was sent a link to do on 2 on line tests these took around 30-45 mins. I was told if i was successful I would get an email to book an interview date., I did 2 days later ... and had my interview this week..

Interview Questions

• Questions I was asked were made up of
      Name a time when ....
      Had to deal with an angry customer
      Went above and beyond
      Gave great customer service . We then talked about my experiences. I was interviewed by 2 ladies, who I have to say made me feel relaxed they were very friendly which made for a nice interview. I was made redundant In August after 25 yrs in a customer service role but not a banking /finance. This was a 1st interview so I was a little nervous. My advice is to just try and be yourself & listen .   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheltenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Cheltenham, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

I have been called by a recruitment agency and called for a face to face interview. They told me to practice on few STAR method answers and also there would be a role-play as well. The interview went upto 45 mints and there were group of candidates and interviewers.

Mortgage Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in September 2019.

Interview

Brief telephone call followed by brief email further telephone call followed by further email. Interview organised in city centre with 2 people interviewing. The process included a very positive manager and a very negative manager, a style that seemed very dated and cliche sales. How would you feel if the business you’d lined up then got actioned by a call centre and you didn’t get the credit, how hungry are you, my team do anything for the sale and we go out all the time are you prepared for that level of commitment.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

The process lasted around 1 month. I applied through indeed, received an email to pick a phone interview time, the phone interview was easy just asking usual questions about eligibility, availability, why you want to work for Lloyds, your skills and qualities etc it took about 20-25 minutes after you answer the questions they put you on hold for a couple of minutes and they come back to tell you wether you will be moving onto the next stage or not if you’re successful they’ll set up a date and time for the assessment centre. The main assessment is a couple of welcome videos then you will go off with 2 people 1 is the assessor and another a scribe basically writing down all of your answers. They ask you a lot of different questions that takes about 30 minutes. Then you will have a break and then it’s time for the role plays. The first one is basically just to settle you in you’ll get 5 minutes to read over the the information and then the assessor will call you (I liked this, usually they do it face to face it was much less uncomfortable this way) and you’ll try to fix there issue. You fill in a feedback form for yourself and then the assessor will come and give you your feedback and then you’ll go onto he second one (this is the important one) don’t let your nerves get the best of you because I think this was my downfall. You’ll basically do the same thing as the first one but take on board all of the feedback because this is what they are looking for. After that it’s finished and you’ll not get anymore feedback. They say that they will contact within 7 days but I had an email the next morning just the usual (unfortunately) email. The overall experience was pretty good and the people there were really nice. I’m disappointed in the outcome because I tried so hard and I know I did really good with all parts of the assessment (except the first role play call, nerves got the best of me) I don’t know what they are looking for but I’m assuming (even though they say the total opposite) it is someone “perfect” and someone who knows exactly what they are doing. If so I don’t see the point in the “extensive training”.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

Lengthy and arduous including the Vettings procedure process with Reed Global. Telephone interview which was easy. No revising needed, just be yourself and give answers from your time at previous jobs or in educational environments. had interview at centre within a week, this was a little harder with an individual, more thorough talk about experience and motivations for joining Lloyds. Plus, a role-playing exercise which i thought i'd done woefully in- but i passed. The vettings is a nightmare if you're like me and have had multiple precarious jobs in the past. My address history is also lengthy so this didnt help. Due to start this coming Monday 30th so all in all, the process took 6 weeks. Fairly lengthy but i hope its worth it.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when there was a change in work and you had to adapt to fulfil objectives (START Method necessary)   1 Answer

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (London, England (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied for the role over a month before I was called for an interview. The questions were competency based questions. Pretty standard questions. Nothing too difficult. The recruitment process is very long.

Customer Service Interview

Interview

Very good, relaxing, not a pressure interview. Get feedback quickly. First an online assessment, then processed to face-to-face interview in less than one month, got an offer in two weeks, then started working in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Behaviour questions like tell me how you have manage to communicate a difficult idea.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview

Quite a long and drawn out process with poor communication early on. Initial phone screening interview with some competency questions first. Second panel interview including assessment/presentation. Final interview and discussion with two directors. Friendly, fair questions, no real surprises if you do homework.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview

I applied online and filled out a fairly standard application form. A few days later I was invited for a telephone interview where the interviewer asked a few basic questions (Why LBG? What skills will you bring? What do you know about the company?). I was told after 5 minutes on hold that I had passed and would receive an email inviting me to a selection event. The email took a few hours to come through and I arranged the event for 1 week later (a few 3 hour time slots to choose from). At the selection event, we sat through a few short videos which described the role further. We then went for our individual interviews which lasted around 45 minutes before having a short break. I was asked 5 or 6 competency based questions based around the values of the company, and asked to give examples. The next stage involved two role-play activities. The first gives you an idea of what to expect and is followed by feedback. Be sure to listen to what the assessor tells you and try to improve on the next call - it's normal to be nervous, everyone was, but it was actually pretty fun and gave a good idea of whether the job is right for you or not. Just make sure you read the brief carefully! I didn't hear anything for one week after my selection event, then got a phonecall telling me I had been successful and would enter into the vetting process. I am currently waiting to hear the outcome of this section, but if all goes well I start next month! From start to finish, all the assessors and managers that I spoke to over the phone and at the selection event were lovely and encouraging.