Lockheed Martin College Student Technical Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Lockheed Martin College Student Technical Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Lockheed Martin

2.2

College Student Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online before attending an on campus career fair in mid September. In late November I got a request to schedule an interview for the position. Very professional experience when dealing with representatives and hiring managers to apply and set up interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you wish I had asked you about in this interview?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

College Student Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Flown out to Fort Worth. Given tour of facility. Interviewed by one individual who is now my supervisor. Very friendly, got to get into the actual culture of the company

College Student Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview as well as two in person interviews. The atmosphere was relaxed and interviewers were very helpful. The interviewer gave plenty of time to answer questions fully and was happy to answer my questions.

College Student Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application around January, then in about mid March I received an email requesting a phone interview, which lasted about half an hour. The interview was very easy, with almost no technical questions. Questions were more of a general HR nature. This was the only interview they conducted, I received an offer via email about two days later.

College Student Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2015.

Interview

I received an email a few weeks after applying online from a manager. He set up an interview within the next week and I had a conference call with their entire team. I received an offer within the next week.

Interview Questions

• The only technical questions they ask are based off of your own experience that you included on your resume. Don't include technical work if you can't explain it because it will be very obvious during one of their interviews. Their interviews are strictly behavioral aside from that.   Answer Question

College Student Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

They gave me a plane ride/rental car/hotel to do an on-site interview. There were plenty of interns and plenty of full time seekers. For the interns we all entered a room and was placed in a circle (group interview). Two managers were present taking notes. For the full time seekers they had a 1:1 with 4 different managers and they were asked behavioral and technical questions. The total time of the process took 7 hrs 30 mins (7:30 am - 3:00 pm). Everyone was very welcoming.

College Student Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Moorestown, NJ (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for a software engineering position. The interview process was a full day event, and I was accompanied by about a dozen other applicants for the same position. The first half of the day consisted of interviews, which were a one on one process. Each interview lasted 20 minutes on average. The second half of the day consisted of a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral question, and questions about past experience   Answer Question

College Student Technical Specialist Interview

Interview

I applied directly online during my sophomore year of my bachelors degree. I was brought to one of the HR centers and was interviewed by several managers and employees. Many of the questions were behavioral, and I was asked for a list of the engineering courses that I had already taken.

College Student Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

My first interview was on-campus, following our college career fair. This interview was pretty low-stress, with some basic behavioral questions and a discussion of my resume.

After this interview I was contacted via email for an on-site interview where I would be working. The invite included options for travel and hotel reimbursement, and was very specific in details. I had a brief email exchange with the recruiter that sent the invite, who was very prompt and answered all of my questions.

On the day of the interview I arrived at a conference room with a small breakfast buffet and prepared presentation. I was able to talk with some of the current interns before the recruiter made an informational presentation about Lockheed Martin's business practices and divisions. Then each of the applicants was sent for three rounds of interviews with different hiring managers, each interview taking about 15 minutes.

The questions seemed pretty ordinary, talking about strengths and weaknesses, different experiences (many from my resume), and my engineering methods. It felt like a good discussion, and I learned a great deal about the company's inner workings and management styles while presenting myself. The recruiters were definitely pleased to answer the questions that I had prepared. The people were friendly to talk to, all seemed to have conviction about the line of work they were in, and I was repeatedly reminded of how much the corporation values ethics.

After the interviews there remained some time for discussion, where I was able to talk more with the interns who worked there. They all had done meaningful work and seemed proud of what they accomplished.

On the whole, the interviewing experience was very professional and informative, and I was excited to work with the company as I left. I received an offer about a week later. Unfortunately, about two weeks before the semester was set to end I was contacted and told that funding had been cut for my program, and the company couldn't hire me for the internship. The recruiter that I was contacted by expressed a desire to honor the offer that had been made, and I was able to later secure an alternative position.

College Student Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online in December, and received an interview request early February. I participated in one video conference interview with the hiring manager which lasted 35 minutes.

No technical questions were asked. We discussed my resume, experiences and interests in Lockheed Martin. There were a few behavioral based questions (STAR), but nothing that caught me off guard.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you know why you are applying to work at LM, and be ready to talk about class projects and work experiences in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available. HR says interns are offered a fixed rate based on location, year in school, and experience. The pay is competitive, but I was hoping for more.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.