Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer Asc Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer Asc Interview Questions

Interviews at Lockheed Martin

2.5

Mechanical Engineer Asc Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a phone screening. At the end of the interview, she invited me to their facility for a super day. At the hiring event, I had three separate interviews before touring the facilities. I received a phone call about an offer the next week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict during an engineering project.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Mechanical Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Lubbock, TX (US)).

Interview

They interviewers wanted questions answered in the star(situational questions) format, pretty straight forward and fast process. Lockheed seemed like really awesome positions they were trying to fill but unfortunately nothing manifested from it

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you were put in a leadership role and did not know what do do   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Camden, AR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (East Camden, AR (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 mechanical engineers then toured the facilities. The interviewers went out of their way to make me feel at ease. They wanted to know about my experiences on my resume and allowed me to use a marker and white board to draw a sketch of a previous project as I explained my roll on the project. Be prepared to defend your resume. The interview consisted of 40 technical questions. No behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your roll on the project from your previous job listed on your resume?   1 Answer
    • What equipment is found in a machine shop?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Asc Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in August 2016.

Interview

I was converted from an intern.

Most interns are given an opportunity to convert to full time unless they have performed very poorly.

There is no interview. The offer will be given at the end of your summer internship prior to your senior (final) year. You will be given 15 days to accept the offer.

Negotiation

Because the offer is given so early it is likely you will not have any competing offers. HR will likely not allow you to counter offer without any competing offers. That should not keep you from trying, however.

If you do choose to counter cite cost of living. Particularly in areas of high cost (i.e. CA Bay Area). Candidates moving to the Bay Area from out of state should be prepared for the sticker shock on cost of living there.

HR is also slow and unresponsive to any questions. They may not return phone calls or emails and may never get back to you. Work through your manager and be prepared for this inconvenience.

Mechanical Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

I just graduated college not having any internship or work experience. I forwarded my resume to a recruiter and she put it in front of the hiring manager for review. I was called in for an interview and had to fill out an application due 48 hours before my interview time. I needed to get clearance to the company for the day from the visitor center and was directed where to go. After the interview, they said they would get back to me within a week.

Mechanical Engineer Asc Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Phone Interview:
    Got a call out of the blue from the hiring manager--was interviewed on the spot..yay! -_-

In-Person Interview:
    They tried to schedule it around Thanksgiving holiday--nope.

Got it scheduled at a reasonable time. Was interviewed by three managers. Was given a skill test. Didn't hear back for four months--but I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Things you should know:
      3D Modeling Software
      Machining Terminology and Processes
      GD&T
      Interpersonal Skills
      How to read a drawing   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stennis Space Center, MS (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Stennis Space Center, MS (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was in contact with a LM employee that referred me to the job. She contacted me and told me I will be getting a call from HR to set up the interview. The process included an on-site panel interview with the hiring manager, HR contact, and the employee that referred me. The process was super laid back.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain my resume. Then went into a series of pre-determined questions. I only remember a few questions asked.

Technical:

Why does rebar make concrete stronger?
      What does Cv and how is it used?

Behavioral:

What was the hardest project I have worked on and why?
      What was my favorite class in engineering and why?
      What was my biggest challenge and how did I overcome it?
      How would you explain your communication skills?
      Explain a time when you worked on a team and what was your role. Also, what problems did we overcome.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Asc Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

Interview

I had applied online to various positions. I was contacted by a recruiter who wanted asked if I would be willing to fly out for an on-site interview in Sunnyvale, CA. There were approximately 50 people at the interview event in which there was a tour, lunch with a speaker, and interviews. Event went very well and was a great opportunity to talk with recent new hires that were asked to attend the event to answer questions.

They moved really quickly through the process. I was contacted less than 48 hours after the event by a phone call informing me that I was selected for the position. The offer details came a little later. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• There weren't too many unexpected questions. All of them were behavioral. Examples would be: "tell me about a time where you encountered a problem and how you went about fixing/solving it."   Answer Question

I decided to pursue another offer.

Mechanical Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

One hour long meeting with a facility tour. No techincal questions. Basically a getting to know you the employee and the manager and trying to figure out if there was a good fit. They're looking for bright people who are enthusastic about engineering and can get a long with others. Pretty hard to mess it up. Just know a ton about what the site does and such first.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about what we do here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Mechanical Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

A half day affair with a handful employees. It started with a one-on-one discussion with the hiring manager with an exercise to conceptually design a mechanical component.

This was followed up by meeting your potential new peers, a tour of the manufacturing facilities, and a lunch.

A calm and fairly nice experience -- not as nerve wracking as other experiences.

Interview Questions

• Aside from the conceptual design exercise, questions concerning background. This was a new college hire experience   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.