Cover image for Lumen

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Lumen Engineer II Interview Questions

Updated 26 Apr 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 977 interviews

Recruiter10%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Lumen (Tulsa, OK) in Feb 2019

Interview

Applied for 2 separate jobs about 3 months apart with separate CenturyLink departments. The initial phone interviews and face-to-face interviews process were organized and completed within 3 weeks from the original job applications. The interviews were very positive, however for both job openings they never called me back as promised and never responded to my follow up inquiries.

Interview Questions
  • How did you overcome a stressful situation at work
    Answer Question

Lumen

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

Wanted to see if you knew and understood OSP and how to grow the network. Along with this, they wanted to see your skills with technology and understand what you can bring to the table.

Interview Questions
  • How would you build and maintain a network? Or they would ask things that you had to work there to know in some cases.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Got a burning question about Lumen? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Lumen employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

Ask a Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lumen (Saint Paul, MN) in Sept 2017

Interview

International candidate: Took about 2 weeks after applying online and got phone call for the interview. First interview took about 2 hours and was called for second round the next week which took about one hour. Was confirmed about the job offer after a week from HR and was told would get joining date after background and drug test.

Interview Questions
  • Multiple scenario based questions depending on past experiences and projects worked and critical thinking questions.

Lumen

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lumen in Feb 2017

Interview

After applying for the role on the Web, I was contacted by email within two weeks by a recruiter. She set up a 3 person panel interview that was held over the phone. They asked basic situational questions that relate more to Customer Satisfaction and Teamwork. Not many technical questions, though. After the interview, I received a verbal offer contingent upon background check and drug screening. The whole process took about two months.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumen (Des Moines, IA) in May 2016

Interview

Interview process was very by the book, literally. Everything that was asked was from a 3-ringed binder. There was small talk but mainly standard questions. The interview started with one person and another manager joined in.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lumen

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

I submitted an online application, about 2 weeks later I received an email notifying me that they were interested in my resume and wanted to schedule a phone interview, then I did the phone interview with them, then I received an offer letter via email

Interview Questions
  • 1: What motivated you to apply for this position with Centurylink? 2: What are your career goals / objectives over the next 5 yrs? 3: What are CenturyLink's unifying principles? 4: What educational background do you have? 5: What interested you in pursuing a future in the telecom field? 6: Describe the Engineering process followed with your current / previous job, from planning to In Service, and typical obstacles you had to overcome. 7: What abilities do you feel are most critical to being successful as a Centurylink Optical Engineer? 8: Have you ever worked in the SAP, Fireworks, or BidMaster systems? If so, which and how used? 9: What are CWDM and DWDM and describe basic differences? 10: What is SONET and describe the basic concepts? 11: We typically don't have direct access to an exchange we are Engineering; how would you approach engineering such a job? 12: Normal work load requires management of numerous jobs at one time; what management tools / methods would you use and how would you manage mulitple projects? 13: Priorities for projects often change, thus requiring us to redirect our efforts; how would you communicate such changes to your team members and customers? 14: What feedback and direction do you expect from your supervisor? 15: What hobbies / interests do you have outside the work place? 16: So, do you "ROLL with the TIDE" or "WAR with the EAGLES"?
9 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I interviewed at Lumen (Saint Louis, MO)

Interview

HR/Talent Recruiters will be the first to see your resume. (This is for both internal and external candidates.) ... Make it through that, the hiring manager will get a “package” on you to review and decide whom they want to interview. CenturyLink uses a mix of “situational interviews” (describe a time when) and technical questions. The “situational” questions come from HR and are required. The technical/job-specific questions will come from the department itself.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lumen (Saint Paul, MN) in Feb 2015

Interview

Basic team style interview, with a shift supervisor and two senior engineers. Supervisor made introductions then exited. Supervisor in training entered to observe. All questions were presented by the engineers. The subject matter was general networking, and the questions were fairly simple. Examples include routing, DHCP, QoS, Ethernet and overall approach to troubleshooting.

Interview Questions
  • Most questions centered on general networking, with a few behavioral inquiries for good measure.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lumen (Littleton, CO) in Feb 2013

Interview

It was technical and professional, the questions were pretty standard for the job in which I was applying. It was about what you would expect as far as the time it took to complete the interview. I had a follow up interview that was also what you would expect from a second interview opportunity. Over

Interview Questions
  • lots of questions regarding technical background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lumen (Denver, CO) in Mar 2012

Interview

Engineering job openings receive hundreds of applicants. Unless resume is personally recommended it is passed. VERY SLOW process.

Interview Questions
  • Know the network and the industry. Depending on hiring manager; manager want yes men.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews