Cover image for Lumen

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Lumen Lead Sales Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 14 Mar 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 928 interviews

Applied online20%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lumen (Detroit, MI) in Mar 2016

Interview

They had me take an hour long online assessment test which I thought I did well on. Moments later I received an automated email message that I did not pass the test. When I contacted the HR person to get some feedback, she told me that she only gets the same information I got - that I did not pass and had no details as to what I did not do well on the test.

Interview Questions
  • Do you ask for help when you need it?
    2 Answers
3 people found this interview helpful

Lumen

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

Referred by a friend and already new my respective Manager so it was casual. He was aware of my qualifications. Second interview with another key member of team and moved fast after that. Got the job.

Interview Questions
  • More conversational than quizzical but was asked about past experience, what I learned and how that knowledge could be used in this role.
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Lumen

Join the conversation on

Tech India

188.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Lumen~248324
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Lumen? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Lumen employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Lumen

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Lumen in Dec 2014

Interview

I was contacted by a CenturyLink recruiter in November 2014 and had a phone interview shortly afterward. I then filled out the required forms on the company's website and was contacted by the hiring manager a day or so later. My interview was conducted at a local company office several weeks later with the hiring manager and a co-worker. The in-person interview was conducted professionally and lasted approximately one hour.

Interview Questions
  • Describe an instance where I didn't succeed or had difficulty meeting the objective
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lumen (Virginia) in May 2014

Interview

-Cover Letter and Resume -15 minute phone interview -Standardized Assessment for position, which is through ProfileXT (about an hour) -30-40 minute phone interview -In person interview (about an hour) with Engineering Manager and Sales Manager

Interview Questions
  • Nothing really, but do your homework on interview questions for a sales engineering job, and specifically on cloud, security and networking achievements in your background.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lumen (Columbus, OH) in Aug 2012

Interview

It was very thorough with lots of hoops. It was a three stage process with engagement from the director and the sales management. I was contacted by a recruiter, then had multiple in-person conversations, and a series of test questions from the regional director.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Popular Careers with Lumen Job Seekers