Cover image for Lumen

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Lumen Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated 13 Dec 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 926 interviews

In Person13%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Lumen

Application

I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

Hirevue interview first with question/ answer recordings. then panel interview a week later with the hiring manager and 5 panelists. Fair and balanced interview process overall. It helps if you have a referral- but really prepare for the Hirevue.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a project that you were part of that failed? How did you respond? What was the situation?
    Answer Question

Lumen

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

series of interviews and they just keep giving you the run around never giving you an answer either way. very phony company. offering "unlimited time off" should have been the first red flag.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Lumen

Join the conversation on

Tech India

186.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Lumen~248324
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Lumen? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Lumen employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Lumen

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

Applied online Followed up after 2 weeks They asked me to take an assessment that I had already taken. They found the results and that I scored extremely well. Sending over to hiring manger. I followed up after one week and he wasn't sure if he sent it or not.

Interview Questions
  • Video interview with questions regarding project management examples and scenarios. Assessment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lumen (Washington, DC) in Feb 2022

Interview

The latest Lumen interview process is they have an automated video that is presented to a candidate. It's very mechanical and doesn't feel like the same when we are speaking with an actual interviewer. Then at the end of interview, they ask you to play couple of online 'games' as they call. It's mainly memory related slides they show and want you to answer.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Lumen

Application

I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

The application led only to a Hire Vue virtual application would consisted of on the spot questions and puzzles. There is no in person contact, including getting a referral from a colleague. With practice, this process gets slightly more comfortable, but is challenging for those that do not have presentation skills.

Interview Questions
  • Questions referred to past experience and personal responsibility.
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Lumen (Denver, CO) in Feb 2021

Interview

One sided video interview then months of no contact. Eventually received a confusing, canned email from a recruiter saying the position(s) were canceled after they made numerous changes to it, and excuses for doing so. Super impersonal.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apopka, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumen (Apopka, FL) in Sept 2020

Interview

They use Hirevue (a recorded video with no live person) for a screening interview, but the questions are more typical of the hiring manager interview. It is incredibly impersonal and off-putting.

Interview Questions
  • Standard "tell us about a time you..." sorts of questions. But they clearly were not geared to the specific position. Seriously, why would you ask a project manager to talk about a time when they needed to get someone to complete a task... that's what we do on a daily basis.
1 person found this interview helpful

Lumen

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

It was a phone interview. Very low key. A lot of situational questions. I was allowed to bring in examples from my personal life. In total, the interview lasted about a half hour.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Lumen

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lumen in Jan 2014

Interview

There was no interview process. It was only what you were doing and who you knew. They acquire businesses and workers, and the external hiring process is not used as much as other comparably sized companies. Additionally, they continue to downsize.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lumen (Overland Park, KS) in Aug 2012

Interview

Applied on CenturyLink career website online. Received call by hiring manager around 2 weeks later to ask standard interview questions. Interviews are based on behavioral questions so be ready to relate your answers to past work experiences.

Interview Questions
  • It was unexpected to hear that the job could only be filled in Monroe, Louisiana.
1 person found this interview helpful