Cover image for Lumen

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Lumen Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated 11 Nov 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 93 of over 926 interviews

Recruiter17%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Lumen

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lumen in Oct 2022

Interview

The interview process is done by video interview. The interview will be done through HireVue. During the interview the questions will be written on the screen and you will need to record the answer. You will have 30 seconds to prepare for each question.

Interview Questions
  • Basic- tell me about yourself, tell me about your leader ship style, I’d like to know more about your communication style
    Answer Question

Lumen

Application

I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

Campus placement: 1st round - Aptitude 2nd round - Technical 3rd round - Managerial 4th round - HR Technical round was based on C++, OOPS, OS, 2 coding questions (simple) Managerial round was based on situation handling, puzzles and some tech questions related to web development

Interview Questions
  • Technical round was based on C++, OOPS, OS, 2 coding questions (simple) Managerial round was based on situation handling, puzzles and some tech questions related to web development
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Lumen

Join the conversation on

Tech India

186.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Lumen~248324
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Lumen? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Lumen employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lumen (Denver, CO) in Nov 2021

Interview

First was a virtual, prerecorded behavioral interview with some mental challenges afterwards. The next round was another behavioral interview with a recruiter, where the questions were more targeted towards the role. Finally was an interview with the hiring manager, which was also mostly behavioral, but delved into some basic technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you worked with a team. Describe a time in which you faced a challenge and how you overcame it. Basic questions about your resume (projects, experience, etc)

Lumen

Application

I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

The interview process proceeded online. My answers were recorded on the spot and there were a few spontaneous games that were asked of me to play to test my thinking skills and problem-solving skills.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time that you worked in a team. Were there any difficulties? If so, how did you solve them?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hubli

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lumen (Hubli) in Apr 2021

Interview

There was 4 round for the final selection. Online test, technical interview, managerial and HR About online test: Test Duration: 1 hrs 30 mins • Platform: Hakerearth • It Consisted of total 21 questions out of which 20 were mcq’s and 1 coding question. • Assessment : (Skills required) Data structure , OS , OOPS , DBMS (SQL queries) Algorithms, and anyone programming language (C/C++/Java/PYTHON/C#).

Interview Questions
  • Collections in java[list, set and map]. • Explain OOP concepts in java. • Difference between c and java. • Explain Hash Table in java. • What are the methods to create threads in java? • Difference between vector and list in collections.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Lumen (Tel Aviv-Yafo) in Mar 2021

Interview

A quick phone interview. Then, an hour and a half of zoom interview - focuses on architecture. Then, home assignment - creating a SpringBoot Application. After that, Reviewing the assignment during an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
  • How to implement a-sync processes.

Lumen

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

1 phone call with recruiter, 1 phone call with team. The phone call with the team was awkward as they didnt seem very prepared with their questions and seemed mostly on the spot

Interview Questions
  • Going over resume, very indept about resume projects/experience

Lumen

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

The interview was simple and it was through video conferencing and it was executed by the Team lead of the target team. They asked me my projects from the ongoing job and asked my approaches to implement it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lumen (Saint Louis, MO)

Interview

I had a phone interview asking basic personality questions. My coding interview was a take home coding challenge to create a simple rest api. Then I was asked to review my processes and ideas during a full team meet and greet.

Interview Questions
  • Build a simple rest endpoint with {insert 2 requirements here}. Do it any way you like with any framework or language.

Lumen

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lumen in Feb 2020

Interview

Telephonic interview . Asked on how to load a large file to a dB. Using what tech ology etc. then discussed remaining experience and some java questions. It was a telephonic i terview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 93 Interviews