MPC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

MPC Interview Questions

Updated 17 Jun 2019

2.4

Technical Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter the next day about setting up an interview. A few days later I received a call from the head of Technical Animation and another lead. The interview was really straight forward and easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They would not negotiate the salary with me at all.

Technical Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MPC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very punctual. When I got there my interviewer reminded me the job expectations and added that, in case of agreement, I would probably have to do quite a few more tasks than those specified.
    He also asked me if there was something relevant from my CV I would like to bring up, which I did.
    Later, he just wondered on some soft skills I might or might not have, and he asked which kinds of boundaries I had concerning pressure, talking to others (maybe superiors and such). Later, he showed me the offices, giving me a sweet taste of what it could be like and politely accompanied me to the door.

Interview Questions

• Are you alright having to order tasks to people who might have a higher position in the company than you?   Answer Question

Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MPC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Low key with only animation supervisor and HR in the room. HR was the first and last contact during the process. They want to see a solid understanding of creature and character locomotion.

Animator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MPC in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online, heard back about 4-5 days later. Tried to organise an in studio interview but they were busy when I was available and took quite a long time to respond to my emails (2+ weeks). Ended up having a telephone interview which went very well.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my animation workflow for certain shots on my demo reel.   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with motion capture?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MPC in May 2017.

Interview

2 Skype calls, one with 3 technical staff and another with a senior person. Mostly discussions about previous experience, projects implemented and discussions about why I wanted to get into VFX.

I know others had a technical test, but I had an active GitHub which I assume is why they didn't feel the need to test my coding abilities.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you needed to balance between meeting a deadline and finishing your work.
      You mentioned using X when doing this project, can you elaborate more on what you did? (X being Unity, C++ and other things I listed in my CV)   Answer Question

Senior QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MPC (Bengaluru).

Interview

They hardly have any office space. 1 round was online exam with manual and Java questions. Then 2 rounds of technical and 1 hr, Very easy rounds . HR told.me since we are a startup we cannot pay u as per ur expectations. Then why call me and waste my day for interview. When I had already submitted expected salary and prior emails. I was told they will send me email informing I got selected or not. I never got any email so sent them email asking for status to which I never got.any reply. Bunch of idiots running this startup I guess who has no work ethics. In the name of start up u do not wish to pay your employees. When I can see online how much funding u got.

Interview Questions

• String array and manual testing test process related questions.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MPC in April 2018.

Interview

Inquired via phone, then applied online and sent an email. Afterwards had an interview on the phone. It all took place within about ten days. Outcome was negative due to a lack of recent experience.

Interview Questions

• Require a lot of experience on complex post production processes in a demanding environment.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MPC in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. I was referred and a recruited got in contact with me, which very quickly became an interview. The interview itself was casual but professional as it is in the production world.

Interview Questions

• What is the area that you would most like to work in?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MPC.

Interview

Three interview rounds, first two with Senior Management and the last with the Hiring Manager. Project tracking methodology, planning according to global schedule, streamlined structure of workflow was discussed.

Interview Questions

• Daily routine and tasks of a Production Coordinator both in-house as well as cross sites.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

The interview process began with a very professional interview with the manager hiring for the job position. We went through my resume with personalized and smart questions, and I had more information about the job position.
    Two weeks later, I had a very good second interview with the person that I was potentially going to be paired with.
    Then I was invited to a third interview with HR , and there was the big deception. While I was excepting the interview to bring us further in the process, I was asked very generic questions we ask usually in the very beginning of the process, with a very old school attitude ( not smiling, with a look telling me: “convince me that I should hire you”).

After the interview, I was told twice that they will call me in 2-3 weeks whether the news is good or not, and they didn’t! Instead, I received an automated email 2 hours after the interview informing that my application was rejected. Disrespectful, but very coherent with the approach and the interview I had with HR.
    I do not question the decision, but I would have preferred a more respectful and personalized communication considering that I had 3 interviews and they promised to call. The good thing is that I saw how the production team is disconnected from the HR and I’d never want to work for a company that is still living in the 90’s.

Interview Questions

• What would be your main challenge if you get the job?   Answer Question
    • Why are you sitting in front of us ? (Yes...that was the first question HR asked on the 3d interview)   Answer Question