MPC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

MPC Interview Questions

Interviews at MPC

2.4

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MPC (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

Very informal. Friendly managers. Light hearted questions about past experiences, relevant skills for the job etc. conducted in a meeting room. Didn't have to wear a suit or anything like that. Just a smart jumper. I had done my hair for it though. I looked pretty dapper. Interview took probably 45 minutes or so. Really basic interview questions. No curve balls. No good cop, bad cop. Just nice and polite. I felt good. I felt like a champion of the worlds, and although I was sweating on exit, I treated myself to a hot chocolate from Pret which is just next door.

Interview Questions

• What skills can you bring to the job   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always, always go for as much as you can. Add 20% onto the wage you are on now and tell them that's your current figure so you'd be looking at least another 10%. That way you get a lot more. Never tell the truth. The tiny amounts companies argue over in wages are nothing compared to what they throw money away on.

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MPC (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Asked about my experience specific to my CV. Wanted to make sure I had the correct knowledge and skills for the job. Everything about the interview was standard and expected, until they asked me a few hypothetical questions that raised red flags (and are notorious for our VFX industry). Questions like, 'If you know there's more work to be done, how do you feel about staying longer to finish?' or 'How can you motivate others to continue working late hours?' There were several more ominous OT questions. I've been asked about overtime before, but not so repetitively and suspiciously. I knew then and there, it wasn't going to be the place for me.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was one difficult problem you encountered in a previous job, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2018.

Interview

I have had to deal with a two-step process after the application. I receive a call describing the position and general description of the work and work environment. I came in for a short in-person interview.

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2018.

Interview

I was offered an interview asking:

"If you are still interested in discussing opportunities in more detail, can you please let me know:
    -When you are free for a 30 minutes Face to Face interview (please provide a few dates and times in case your first option isn't available)"

I replied approximately 1 hour later stating my availability and 4 business days later have yet to hear back with confirmation. This seems EXTREMELY unprofessional if you ask me and actually made the decision for me regarding IF I actually want the job.

I also interviewed several years ago for a similar position and my contact did not show up for my interview and I was actually interviewed by someone who had no idea anyone was being interviewed that day... obviously I did not get the job and at the time did not take it personal although unbelievably unprofessional on my contact's part especially since there was no attempt at a followup apologizing for wasting my time or anything. Just complete silence.

If this is the level of professionalism and respect I see from MPC when it comes to potential hires I would urge candidates to stay away regardless of their passion level.

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I had applied casually on Indeed and about a month after I applied, I received a call from one of their recruiters. He called me at 7 PM which I found a bit strange as most recruiters tend to call during regular business hours, but I suppose those hours aren't exactly regular given they need to work across different timezones. We had a brief chat about the position before he asked me to come in the very next day for an interview. Was desperate so I said yes, although when you think about it, you can't help but wonder why there seemed to be a last minute scramble to schedule all the applicants on the same day. Disorganization? Competing deadlines?

Went in for an interview in their Vancouver office, and was asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement. He didn't give his exact title, but I was interviewed by the man who was in charge of all the Production Runners (presumably Head of Operations), as well as a colleague of his who was doing a lot of the same thing. The interview itself was very pleasant and they were kind enough to answer questions I had about progression/growth at MPC and how runners tend to move around the company. They asked mostly behavioural/situational questions, e.g. how would you work with different personalities, how do you work under pressure, have you been in a situation where you were under intense time pressure.

There was no means for me to email the interviewers directly, so I had reached out to the original recruiter to ask for their email addresses. Wouldn't give them to me (bit strange but oh well), but suggested I pass along a thank you note, which I did. Did not get an indication from the interviewer or the recruiter of a timeline for when they would be making a decision which I found very odd as well.

A week passes by and I didn't hear back from the recruiter, so I sent a follow up email reaffirming interest and touching base about my application. It's been a week since I've sent said email, which makes it two weeks since the interview. I've called their office to follow up with the recruiter but they did not accept such calls. Fair enough.

I know this is just a low-level position, but there is a distinct lack of professionalism in not informing candidates whether the position had been filled, let alone whether they decided to move on with other candidates. Even an automated email saying the position had already been filled would have sufficed (and maybe it was my fault for applying through Indeed where I saw the position, instead of through their actual careers page).

They really do leave you in the dark about the progress of things (very annoying) either because they are too busy or simply don't care. It's only fair to give some kind of notice so people can move on to the next application - shows a lack of respect for the applicant's time.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioural/situational questions, e.g. how do you work with different personalities, what do you do when under intense time pressure   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MPC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by phone, a day after I applied on line, by very enthusiastic HR employee, answered a few basic questions,like where did you hear about us, what is your availability, do you know how to work in Excel and office setting. Said they would call back to confirm in person interview date, but never did.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work full time (40 hours/ week) with varied shifts ranging from Morning: 7:30 am, evenings: 1pm and weekends?   Answer Question

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MPC (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online, through their jobs portal and didn't hear back for about 4 weeks, I then received an email asking further questions which I responded to but never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Could I work weekends/evenings?
      Did I prefer to work alone or as part of a team?   Answer Question

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Has improved in the last few years - more organised HR dept. Short term contracts is the order of the day - or student internship programme. First day is an induction day, covering client copyright and health and safety legal issues - then you are introduced to the team lead who you will be working with. You then start on a few days training using the company pipeline tools.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in working at one of our other facilities - (overseas)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Rushed and 'last minute'.

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MPC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Skype Interview
    It was on time, 45 minutes, went good as I got hired and the person interviewing me was very friendly, unfortunately when I got there he was moved to another location so I can only speak about my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then received an email scheduling an interview. The interview was pushed back a couple days. Interview was a quick 30 minutes and very friendly. If you get an interview there is a good chance that they like your work, or want to see more work from you. Really! if you are nervous with an interview with MPC, don't be. They are very nice, I hope this helps calm some nerves.