MPC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

MPC Interview Questions

Interviews at MPC

2.4

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MPC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Skype Interview
    It was on time, 45 minutes, went good as I got hired and the person interviewing me was very friendly, unfortunately when I got there he was moved to another location so I can only speak about my experience.

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then received an email scheduling an interview. The interview was pushed back a couple days. Interview was a quick 30 minutes and very friendly. If you get an interview there is a good chance that they like your work, or want to see more work from you. Really! if you are nervous with an interview with MPC, don't be. They are very nice, I hope this helps calm some nerves.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MPC (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was asked some questions and what I would like to work with in the future, then they explained the the tasks of the role and talked a bit about the company.

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MPC (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The Interview Process was structured and to the point. It was an important step to initiate where the company and the potential employee stood and at the time there was positive rapport.

Lighting Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MPC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was very smooth and informal. We talked mostly about my reel and my familiarity with different programs. I also went over a mixture of my creative and technical processes when approaching a shot. Overall, it was a pretty good interview.

Lighting Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MPC in September 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by a senior member of the lighting department. We discuss some lighting - rendering techniques. Additional, we spoke for about half an hour about my previous experience and some coding and look development skills. Overall it was a good interview.

Also, we talk about a short film I had work for graduated school and how much VFX experience did I had.

Interview Questions

• Which render engine have I used.   1 Answer

Lighting Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MPC.

Interview

Approx 30 min interview. Fairly easy. Although they wont follow up on you if you don't get the position. Didn't hear back from them although I sent them a follow up email.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you went about doing the work on your reel?   Answer Question

Lighting Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

An easy call focused on my reel's breakdown and some questions about my projects for the future. They didn't seem to care very much abut me to be honest. One of the two guys seemed pretty annoyed since the beginning

Lighting Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MPC.

Interview

Applied through online and at the job fair. It was very casual and short interview. The interviewer was very kind and friendly. The interview and application process takes about a week.

Interview Questions

• brief background introduction and some questions about technical approach on the portfolio   Answer Question

Lighting Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MPC.

Interview

Applied online and got a response within the week. Interview was in the upstairs lounge with a great view of the city where people were having coffee, not a stuffy meeting room.

My reel speaks for itself so it was basically a discussion about life and to make sure I'm not a crazy person. The talk was mostly about my experience and me asking questions about their pipeline. Very casual, easy going chat, rather than a stressful interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer lighting backgrounds or character lighting   Answer Question