Macquarie Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Macquarie Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Macquarie Group

3.1

Analyst Interview

Interview

On-campus interview, then put me up for a night in Le Parker Meridien, then a superday. Was exhausting but very nice group. They are interested in background and have a totally different culture than American bulge brackets. Very technical questions on valuation/ investment banking -- be sure to read your guides and be able to apply investment banking skills readily!

Analyst Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews, Psychometric Test, Several face to face interviews

Interview Questions

• How would you hedge credit risk?   1 Answer

Negotiation

some

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in August 2007.

Interview

2 phone call + 2 on-site +1 simple computer test, quite easy compared with other banks, just some behavioral and motivation questions

Quality of staffs and company culture are mediocre, but try to convince them that Macquarie will be your dedicated choice if hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is a graduate job with a standard package, so they give me the offer one week after interview without much negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Did campus recruiting. Two rounds. Fairly low-pressure. Asked a couple of brain-teasers and some fit questions. Didn't ask many technicals. First interview was with two analysts, then the super day had an interview with a VP and an MD, then another one with a VP.

Interview Questions

• What group I wanted to be in.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. In-person interview.

My experience interviewing with Macquarie was overall pleasant. They tested my skills during the interviews, had me hand-write a few queries, and go over my resume/experience. The office was very formal and corporate, but the organization as a whole struck me as more relaxed than the typical finance firm.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted for a brief interview over the phone. There were 4 people interviewing me. Mostly behavioral questions. They were interested in why I wanted to do finance and what made me decide so.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

The interview process includes self-introduction, walking through CV, behavioral questions, technical questions and small on-site questions. The interviewers were nice and may tell you about the way to answer those questions in case you get stuck.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Called in for first round interviews in their offices.

Interview Questions

• How many people have you worked under in your past job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Berkeley, CA (US)) in May 2009.

Interview

Two times of phone interviews, and on-site interview

Interview Questions

• Behavioral question on the first round. Did not make it to the second round   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process included quantitative questions, along with in-depth discussions on why I would like to pursue a career in the division. In the end, I believe it was more of telling my story and vision more than valuation during the interview.