Macquarie Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Macquarie Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Macquarie Group

3.1

Analyst Interview

Interview

Got the first round interview through on campus recruiting and had a pretty straight forward fit interview along with several brain teasers. Went in for a super day following that, which consisted of some technical questions but also? More brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for brain teasers!   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

At the start it was positive. The recruiter was good. They will pursue you as a good recruiter will.

If you dont obtain the required score for their intelligence test you will be ghosted.

If you have a strong resume I honestly would not bother pursuing a opportunity with this firm.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Began with recruiter phone interview, moved on to interview directly with SVP. Was sent case study for a potential investment and asked to put a valuation on the asset based on publicly available materials ie 10-k, press releases, franchise agreement, etc. Scoring on this assessment was HIGHLY quantitative and original insights from the data were expected.

Interview Questions

• Explain a previous investment you made in your prior role and why it was particularly attractive to you   2 Answers

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within one a month. Had a face to face interview with two Sr.Managers then was invited for a psychometric assessment. Had no idea how much an assessment not based around anything job related could influence your candidacy but I guess I was wrong. I haven’t head from them since taking the exam. The least they could’ve done was simply email and state they decided to go with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?
      Why Macquarie?
      Describe the most recent audit I’m currently working on?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

The process took 14 weeks. By far the longest interview to hire of any firm I've experienced, but worth waiting and maintaining communications if the role is right for you. I had five interviews and the same Psychometrics Analysis. Every interview stage seemed to go better than the last, and while there were multiple weeks between communications or notice, I stayed on top of the application and finally received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a stressful error or problem at your past workplace(s) and how you managed it   Answer Question

Jr. Front-End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

talk with team members about yourself and ask a few questions about your experience and tech skills. Total 4 rounds meeting, including their leader and back-end developer. They will give a 5 mins break time for you to drink water and write notes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a problem you have in your last job with your team, and how you deal with it.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

It was a two part interview through the university. One was behavioral (resume questions). The other one was about your knowledge on the company and some math, business questions. Each interview had two people.

Interview Questions

• Who is the CEO of the company? If it is 3:15, what is the degree between the minute and hour hand?   3 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Behavioral interview- Some Brain Teasers
    Some gk questions the usual suspects
    Technical round - had to clear a technical challenge first
    Then came the tech stack questions
    Finally psychometric analysis
    Its a multiple choice questionnaire

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you overcame a mismatch of opinions with your boss   Answer Question

CGM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

It was really only behavioral questions with senior management. MDs and ADs for the superday, but only about 3 interviews. Nothing else for me to say really and now I have to fill up the rest of this box.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

You apply then they will send you an Aptitude tests (numerical, verbal reasoning, reading) > superday offer (consists of two 30mins interview) The process was pretty fast. From applying to interviewing took less than 2 weeks