Find jobs for Investment Banking Summer Analyst

Macquarie Group Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 20 of over 911 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macquarie Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in Apr 2020

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly and quickly. They were all very informative and responded with the next steps in a timely manner. Interviews were mostly behavioral and current events related. Got to superday but no offer.

Interview Questions
  • In April: When would you begin to buy stocks again based off of the current climate and which industry would the be in?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England, England) in Nov 2019

Interview

Online test -> Video interview ->Accessment centre, which consists of a case study and motivational interview. Interviewers are very friendly and questions are basic ib interview questions. case study was given on spot and you will be given 1 hour to read and take notes before presenting to the interviewer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Macquarie Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews taking place both on video and also on skype. First was submitting app online, then answering 6 or so questions on video, and then few rounds with a person.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England, England)

Interview

Basic application with CV, followed by tests following the talentq format, then a video interview with about 12 questions about infrastructure and energy as well as behaviour based questions. Finally, invited to an AC where had to confirm test results with a shorter version of the test (much harder than initial one), had to do a case study and act as a consultant for the acquisition of the company in the case study to two seniors. Also had an interview with 2 other employees about motivations, interests, CV etc.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England, England) in Nov 2018

Interview

Online tests -> pre-recorded video interview -> assessment centre Video interview asks you behavioural questions as well as commercial ones. In the assessment centre you need to redo online tests from the first stage, there is 1h for case study prep and 30min case presentation and technical interview and finally 30min motivational interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a deal that you found interesting? How does a risk profile of an infrastructure investment change over time? How do financial statements change if you increase depreciation by $10? What is the difference between levered and unlevered free cash flow?

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney) in Mar 2018

Interview

Short process, 2 interviews and offer. I was interviewed by an analyst and a HR employee. The interview process for winter analysts is very relaxed compared to summer analysts.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England, England) in Oct 2017

Interview

The online application process is followed by a video interview, online assessment tests and an assessment center. Video interview was average, 12 questions with 1-1.5 mins each. Questions were a mix of 'why Macquarie', 'why business area' and some technical questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Los Angeles, CA) in Oct 2017

Interview

Typical Phone Screen, First Round, Superday. Macquarie came onto campus for recruiting and I attended their event. Macquarie is a strong global brand but in America they have niche strengths. LA is good in Gaming and NYC is good in infrastructure.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty typical technical questions. DCF, Valuation, accounting, brain teasers etc. Some more advanced questions as well but you can figure them out if you've gone through the M&I guides.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in Aug 2017

Interview

This was for the women's diversity program, which is part of MAC's accelerating recruiting scheme. I received the email asking for a phone screen when I was on my flight back to school so I had minimum time to prepare for it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Macquarie Group

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview

After resume sent in by friend, got a first round phone screen. No technical questions. Mostly resume related questions. I've previously completed an internship in equity research, so got questions on content and methods of reports I contributed. Interviewer works in LevFin, so a lot of market related questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Interviews