Macy's Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH

Updated Sep 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 61 of over 7,687.0 interviews

Employee Referral10%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Cincinnati, OH) in Aug 2021

Interview

Fairly smooth, using MS Teams. Met Ashely, the hiring via MS Teams, Ashley is the manager who explained the position in depth. Met with Dawna the Accounting Director who was the expert with the history in the department who came more from an angle of fit.

Interview Questions
  • Will you get bored in this position? Are you aware of the sweeping changes with lease accounting? Will you be ok in a non leadership position? Do you know this is an entry level position?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Cincinnati, OH) in Nov 2020

Interview

The interview person called me on the phone. At first I missed the call but then I called back and they let me interview. They asked me why I wanted to work at Macy's and what customer service experience I had. I was interviewing for a seasonal position and they told me I got the job on the call once they'd interviewed me.

Interview Questions
  • What customer service experience do you have?

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (Mason, OH) in Aug 2020

Interview

Quick easy and NO DRUG TEST, very friendly and they work with you for the most part. Didn’t ask any hard questions at all. Interview process is long though. You only get interview one time, I recommend going to the hiring events, you get hired right on spot.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Mason, OH) in Sep 2019

Interview

went in for interview at mason, oh office. Interview took about three hours. offered me the job on the spot. super easy interview overall. did multiple online sales/customer service tests

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2019

Interview

Several phone calls and met with 2 managers onsite. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I worked through their staffing group and they were great about staying in contact and providing updates. The only thing I had to do was reach out after my final interview as I did not hear from them for a week or so and the staffing coordinator support gave my phone interview the incorrect number. Process was pretty smooth overall still. Not intimidating or uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Macy's (Cincinnati, OH)

Interview

After application, I received an email inviting me for an in person interview. My first interview was with a manager in a different department (Jewelry...did not know much about makeup). Asked basic interview questions. Then I had an interview with the store manager who basically asked slightly more in depth questions but it was really layed back. Then I had a final interview at a different location with someone from Lancome (a higher up position, can't remember his title). I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you had issues with a coworker?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Macy's (Cincinnati, OH) in Mar 2018

Interview

Six month process. Initially applied in October 2017, got a call for a phone interview in January. Then had an in person interview in March. Pleasant interview but didn’t get the job.

Interview Questions
  • How it your current role structured? Are you team oriented?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Cincinnati, OH) in Oct 2017

Interview

The process was pretty well expected, I applied through campus recruitment and had initial interview on campus. Invited 20 of the finalist for 8 spots downtown at their Cincinnati Headquarters. Was a 2 day interview process while giving us dinner and a hotel the first night. Overall good experience. Day 2 was 2 case studies at 4 interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Mason, OH) in Aug 2017

Interview

I applied for Macy's and got an email a few days later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was just a basic overview of the job as well as about five behavior questions. I was then invited to come on site to do an interview with the operational manager. You first complete an assessment when you get there and then will be taken to a room with the hiring manager. It was a very laid back interview with more situational and behavior questions as well as more details about what the job consist of. I was hired on the spot with a pay increase.

Interview Questions
  • Provide a time when you did additional research to help you solve a problem.
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Mason, OH) in Jun 2017

Interview

the interview was very easy and laid back, no difficult questions. It was a very standard interview for an entry level position. Was able to ask questions and gain more knowledge of the position and company

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 61 Interviews