Macy's Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7,557 of over 7.6K interviews

In Person6%
2.2
HardAverageEasy

Macy's

Application

I interviewed at Macy's

Interview

Asked questions relating to being able to multitask, customer service skills and interaction skills. Also asked how I feel about standing for long periods of time. Had to be comfortable with handling money/credit cards.

Interview Questions
  • Are you able to stand for long periods?
    Answer Question

Macy's

Application

I interviewed at Macy's

Interview

There were several security measures in place to check in. The interview process was a little sub-standard. I was questioned from a piece of paper. I was also offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle a large workload?
  • They asked if I would be willing to work there.

Macy's

Application

I interviewed at Macy's

Interview

After a phone screen interview I was invited in to meet with the HR manager. The interview took about 30 minutes with standard retail interview questions. Final interview was with the Store Manager. Again, the interview took about 30 minutes. Questions dealt mainly with holding team accountable as well as handling difficult conversations.

Interview Questions
  • How would you address an associate who had ongoing tardy or attendance problems?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbia, MD) in Jun 2021

Interview

They had an online job tryout that included recorded answers to video questions, and I never even made it to a live interview. I filled out surveys and answered tons of other questions about myself.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation in which you had to use technology.

Macy's

Application

I interviewed at Macy's

Interview

Six structured pre interview questions. Relaxed in person Interview with department manager. open and friendly. I was asked why I thought I was a good candidate and to explain some of by background experience and why it would apply to this job.

Interview Questions
  • Please describe any education, training and/or work experience that makes you a good candidate for this position. Describe a time you went above and beyond to assist someone. What did you do to ensure he/she benefitted from your involvement? Describe a time when you realized you needed additional skills or knowledge to be successful. What steps did you take to learn about it? How were you able to use that new information? Selling colleagues utilize a MyClient system to create long term relationships with customers. Tell me about a time that you worked on a long-term assignment that required you to regularly follow up with others. How did you build and maintain the relationship? How do you establish trust with others? Please provide a specific example that illustrates your approach. Why do you use this approach? How do you tailor your approach to the individual and the situation? Tell me about a time where someone was resistant to an idea you had or a suggestion you made. How did you influence them to see things differently and what was the outcome?

Macy's

Application

I interviewed at Macy's

Interview

It was easy but the process was so long. I am disappointed about their job site and their job directions which wasn't clear for me. The main problem is they're not communicate to candidates in proper way.

Interview Questions
  • How you communicate with customers?
1 person found this interview helpful

Macy's

Application

I interviewed at Macy's

Interview

Interview process very easy. They ask you a bunch of simple questions and then talk to you about your shift and what schedule you want to be on then they offer you the position

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Macy's

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's

Interview

It was on the phone with one of the managers. It was during covid. I was asked a few technical questions and i had to give examples of certain situations. It was a friendly interview

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you were faces with an ethical dilemma. Describe how you would convince a customer to sign up so a Macy’s credit card

Macy's

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's

Interview

Group case study- working together on data Individual case study- observing in the store in NYC, taking notes and making recommendations to present later on Individual interview- 1:1 behavioral interview and follow up to cases

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Macy's

Application

I interviewed at Macy's

Interview

Friendly and informative. Felt like a real person not a number. Interesting to hear about the company and all that I would do as an associate. The interviewer was very nice

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 7,557 Interviews