Magneti Marelli Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Magneti Marelli Interview Questions

Interviews at Magneti Marelli

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli in February 2020.

Interview

Submitted resume through LinkedIn, was called 2 days later by HR for a breif phone interview then scheduled an in-person interview for the following week. The in person interview went well and was with the Marketing Director and the HR generalist from my phone interview. I was told I would have an answer in two weeks because they were eager to fill the position but I didn't hear back from them until about the 5 week mark.

Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli (Sanford, NC (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager after being referred by a recruiter. The Phone interview was 45 minutes and seemed reasonable.
    In person interview scheduled 2 weeks later. I met with the manager and HR. Neither seemed prepared for the interview and just were skimming the resume to pick out keywords without much listening to the answer. Once HR left, the manager of the department basically flipped a switch and talked about how dumb some aspects of the company were and took 2 smoke breaks over the course of an hour. She described some of the men of the company as f*#$%$% slobs and used some other derogatory language through the course of the interview. When touring the facility, she corrected people on not wearing earplugs and they didn't seem to know who she was and the "well I said so" attitude she snapped back with says a lot about their safety culture.

I met again with HR after the manager wandered off without much explanation and she was much more invested at that point and was very kind. The unprofessional behavior from EHS manager killed any desire to work there. It was an interesting interview that lasted about 2 hours. I told the recruiter I wasn't interested in working in such a culture.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli (Auburn Hills, MI (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

One of the worst organized company that i interviewed for. No planning, no process and no basic sense and courtesy of following up. I had phone interview followed by onsite which was for 1 hour. Questions asked over phone interview were asked again during onsite. There was no follow up by the recruiter. I sent him multiple emails but no response. I woulnt want to work for a company which is so disorganized. HR is the worst ever i have experienced.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli (Auburn Hills, MI (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Initial phone interview with HR. F2F interview with 3 members of the team. This whole process took about a month. Once I verbally got an offer took another 2.5 weeks to get it in writing. Very slow process. Once I got the offer I took a drug test and started.

Technician and Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarkston, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli (Clarkston, MI (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

It was typical just like any other interview for a scientific job. No outrageous questions. We just discussed what my career goals were and my work history. I answered honestly he showed me around the lab and where I would be working. It looked interesting and challenging. I am surprised I was hired, but am thankful

Interview Questions

• About my background in testing, have I had experience in lighting, have I used a goniphotometer...nothing difficult   1 Answer

EHS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli (Sanford, NC (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The position: EHS Manager in Sanford NC.
    There was no job description because they want someone to replace the current rep in the role, although she has not been notified.

I was contacted by an outside recruiter, Johnson Service Group, Charleston SC.
    The process lasted 3 months, during which, I had to take around 25 call, over 30 emails, over 40 texts.
    There were 2 onsite interviews, the first being a video meeting in Auburn Hills MI, and the second being a face to face meeting at Sanford NC
    I successfully passed each test and was advanced over and over to the next step. I then made it past the final step and waited for a reply, which did not come until I prompted it. When they wanted something from me, I got lightning fast emails, texts, and calls.

JSG then gave me some cryptic message that Magneti is dropping the search for an EHS Manager and searching for an EHS Specialist. (That doesn't make sense because they are looking for someone that can perform better than the 20-year veteran in the role. A specialist has typically 2-5 years experience.)

After 3 months of investment and loss of 2 vacation days, Magneti ignored my request for reimbursement of my reasonable expenses (which have been honored by all other interviewing companies.)
    They refused to even give me an answer, thank me for my time, or provide any feedback.

Summary: After all my 3 months of investment and personal expenses, Magneti and Johnson Service Group let me complete the entire interview process with close communication throughout until the end when they changed directions, not providing me with reimbursement or feedback. When I tried to contact Magneti site Operations and HR reps, my correspondence was not acknowledged and my emails and calls were blocked.
    This is unethical business practice and despicable treatment of applicants.

Interview Questions

• Magneti provided only rudimentary questions, showing a lack of understanding of the function.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli.

Interview

Well thought out interview process with good feedback. It seemed like a good company. I think they could be a good match for the first time worker. They can be a good place to work.

Controller and IT Portfolio Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli (Auburn Hills, MI (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview with the contract house initially, then a telephone interview with the HR Representative. She presented my resume to the hiring manager and then an onsite interview with the ICT Director and HR Representative. The third manager did not show. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. HR Representative had standard interview questions. Ie. "What are your long term goals." While the ICT Director was more technical in his questions. There were times it was hard to understand his English. But I was able to get through the interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard interview questions and as well as technical. The director seemed to focus on specific areas of the role and not the entire role when trying to ensure that I had the necessary experience.   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pulaski, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli (Pulaski, TN (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview pertaining to my application. Two days later, a different company recruiter contacted me on a cold call, She saw my Linkedin profile, thought I would be a good fit and wanted to know if I'd be interested in applying for one of their openings. I thought this was a good sign that my phone interview went well plus they liked my resume and profile enough to call me on a cold call.

The company arranged to fly me to Pulaski at their expense, the rental car was my expense plus an over night stay at their expense. The email, which I printed and took with me, had instructions to prepare for a 2 hour interview with the potential of running over to 3 hours. In reality, they talked to me for, at most, 15 minutes and asked simple questions based on my resume in their hands.

After returning home, I received an email stating they had decided to not extend an offer because I had no experience in the automotive industry, which was clearly obvious before they invited me down. Make of this what you will, the final question I was asked over the phone was "What is your birth date"?

Interview Questions

• What does 8D stand for?
      What Six sigma projects did you work on?
      Give me an example of how you trained people to use quality tools.   2 Answers

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli in June 2015.

Interview

Simple over-the-phone interview, an HR representative and two functional managers were on the line. After introductions, the HR representative went over a brief company history, then some of the local site details. We discussed the job description, and why the position was available.
    In the next portion of the interview I was asked to go over my educational background and my work experience. It was very open ended, not a lot of direction. Lasted a total of 15 minutes.

Overall, I didn't like the structure of the interview. It felt rushed, poorly thought out, and seemed to be a poor method for screening potential applicants.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.