Manipal University Assistant Professor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Manipal University

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Manipal

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manipal University (Manipal) in August 2010.

Interview

Done at University level. Good academic track record and future research plans will be evaluated. Past track record of research with respect to peer reviewed journal publications will be a added benefit. Presentations in conferences about your research work will also be considered.

Negotiation

It is fixed. Negotiation is rarely entertained.

Other Interview Reviews for Manipal University

Anonymous Employee in Manipal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manipal University (Manipal) in February 2011.

Interview

Initial communication with the college is through anyone you already know, someone who introduces you to the place.
    Once you are ready to apply, they will ask you to send in your portfolio and c.v with a covering letter, so since this is the first impression you are giving to the university , its best to put in some good effort preparing it. Once that is sent, if they are impressed they will call you to set up an interview date. Also you must have a first class Degree for eligibility.
    The interview is not very formal, but you need to present a PowerPoint presentation on a favorite topic, which should showcase your language skills and also your vocal capacity, since you need to address a whole class.
    After which they will ask you about your strong subjects and maybe some questions from them, you must be prepared to answer anything from the subjects you have mentioned.
    If they are impressed immediately, they will talk about the salary etc etc. Once you are ready to join, one month is the maximum time you can take to join.
    Timing is 9 to 5 and Saturday is working as well. Apart from curricular activities you have to monitor lot of events and student activities based on your own interests, which is a good platform for student teacher interaction as well.

Interview Questions

• What are the different modes of heat transfer?   1 Answer
    • Pretend you are in a classroom and take a class on say, Foundations..for which you were not told ahead.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is a set scale of pay given , based on your experience and qualification. Negotiations are entertained rarely.

Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Manipal University (Jaipur, Rajasthan).

Interview

I applied for the regular recruitment drive during March. Applied online and sent documents by post. I was called for an interview in May. The interview was easy - mostly questions about background, experiences, preferred courses etc. There were a couple of questions from the subject. I was asked to explain my research area on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• You said your preferred subject is X. If you are requested to take a course on Y or Z, will you be comfortable? How will you proceed for that?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.