Manulife Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Manulife Interview Questions

Interviews at Manulife

2.7

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview Questions

• The SEC party line is that it will defer to the good-faith determinations of the CCOs. Of course, CCOs are not granted immunity from enforcement actions. The SEC has put for the three categories for when CCOs are subject to actions by the SEC.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview was very brief. I sat down with 3 people over the course of one or two hours, each individually. The first couple of people I spoke with were prospective colleagues, and the last woman I spoke with was the would-be manager. Overall, it was a decent experience. All 3 interviewers were friendly, although I felt they didn't give me a chance to ask my own questions.

Interview Questions

• A lot of focus was given on the particular skill sets that were outlined in the job description.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst - Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

I was set up on the interview through a recruiting firm with an initial phone screen and in person interview. The interview was with a total of 8 people with any where from 1 to 3 people at a time. The interview discussion was mostly about my experiences and how I approach my work. I was also required to bring in a writing sample for review. The sample was part of a spec that I had written for another asset manager that was develped and successfully in production. The first set of interviewers were very impressed with the sample and the results.
    The second set of interviewers had a different agenda. The discussion was all about what the previous set of interviewers asked and discussed. I told them and showed the spec, they looked at the cover page and put it down. We then went through my resume. I was asked why I had jumped around so much? I responded that I was a consultant and that is the nature of consulting. You move around every 1-2 years, otherwise you are an employee. Then one of the interviewers mentioned that my resume was a perfectly tailored to the job and if i had made it up. Obviously, this second group was not on the same page with the first group and I suspect it was for self preservation. I also remembered what was mentioned in the first set of interviews. There a couple interviewers that said they were “stuck” on some projects because of lack of consensus. It all adds up.
    This company would do it self a favor to weed these people out. More specifically, the head of technology should get rid of these people. They not only wasted my time, but they are wasting their own time. I should have excused my self from the interview.

Interview Questions

• What formal training in business analysis and project management have you had?   1 Answer
    • Your resume is tailored to this job, did you make it up?   3 Answers

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2009.

Interview

Nice Office. Used interview rooms on 4th floor. I was interviewed by 2 people who were managers and very friendly. Both were well-educated and professional. I was asked pretty standard questions that were probably pre-written and standard (required?). Answer as usual. Interview lasted 30 minutes and their expectations were reasonable to the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Business Process Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

The HR initiated a phone interview and talked more about my resume, discussions of educational backgrounds and addresses. Also asking about the position I am into, what I know about it.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Manulife (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in June 2020.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone screening after applying online, basically asking about my authorization to work, ability to speak the language, etc.

Had an interview set up, but it was cancelled on the day of. Overall the recruiter was pretty polite and was responsive, but this is a pretty bad practice.

Interview Questions

Interview

The hiring process was very organized from taking several assessments to interview process. Since it was an open house recruitment, it only took within that day to know if you're hired or shortlisted.

Interview Questions

• some personal questions, qs about the company,

"what do you know about..."

"why do you want to work in a corporate company?"   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2020.

Interview

Day 0 - I applied on their website through one of the job boards.
    Day 3/4 - I heard from the HR talent acquisition in the same week. Scheduled a phone screening interview the next week. Phone interview was for 15 mins.
    Day 10/11 - Proceeded to the hiring manager interview on skype. Director marketing and Marketing manager were on the skype call. Polite and pleasant to talk to. Seemed like good bosses. They asked me to be as detailed as I could on my answers. They wanted to understand what I did, why I did it and how I did it. Every question's answer had natural follow up questions about details of the project, people or processes. They said they did not have the best onboarding program for a new joinee, but they also added that they would welcome questions and communication for any kind of issue. They wanted someone who is comfortable with constant change (change of role or environment) and proactive enough to make a difference through their work. Skype interview was for 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• Example of a situation where projects and timelines were running in parallel. which did better   Answer Question
    • When you were new in a company, how did you deal with work and people? what feedback did you get?   Answer Question
    • What interests you about the FSI industry and why this role?   Answer Question
    • What do you do to keep yourself relevant and updated about marketing in general and FSI?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a situation where you disagreed with someone   Answer Question
    • What would you want from your manager?   Answer Question
    • HR screening questions on phone -
      Why Manulife? Why this role?
      How does your experience and skillset match this job role?
      Would it be okay for you to commute to the office this role is positioned at?
      What would your salary expectations be?   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

Interview

There is a simple IQ test and math exam which covers basic topics such as percentages, ratios, interest rates, etc. Next is the interview with an HR personnel. Then another interview for the head of the department you're applying for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

There was a Phone interview first with Human Resources, followed by an in person interview. The Phone interview is mostly formalities to ensure that you are a viable candidate. They mostly wanted clarity on why you applied to the specific role.