Marathon Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Marathon Petroleum Interview Questions

Interviews at Marathon Petroleum

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum.

Interview

Came to the school to conduct interview. They used STAR questions. It was pretty similar to interviews I have had at other companies. I was called shortly after with a job offer and I had a couple more weeks to make a decision. They are mostly looking for someone that is willing to spend a lot of time traveling.

Interview Questions

Interview

Recruiters visited campus, I applied and was interviewed, got an offer 2 days later. Behavioral questions. Make sure to practice STAR answering method. Interview wasnt too scary; was interviewed by the same recruiters I previously spoke to so it felt more comfortable.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum.

Interview

The interview was an easy conversation. I talked to the recruiters at my school and then met with them the next day. Only behavioral questions. Nothing was surprising, just basic conversation and explaining some school work/previous internships

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum.

Interview

Pretty laid back but with some thought provoking questions. The questions start personal and then lead into situational soft questions. "Tell me about a time when you had to ..."

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Starkville, MS (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Starkville, MS (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Came to my campus at a career fair, and had some basic conversations and got to speak with them! It was a fairly simple interview process for me. They were very upfront about the job and all that it entails and the difficulties.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had to put your friends values to the side and do what was right?   1 Answer

Accounting Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum in January 2020.

Interview

I have a fairly neutral opinion about the interview process for this company. The communication before and during the interview itself was fine but I felt the communication afterward left something to be desired.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in oil and gas   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

Interviewed on campus by two men, one taking notes and the other asking questions, and a woman on the phone. Asked pretty easy questions and seemed like they actually wanted me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum in September 2019.

Interview

Got the interview from a recruiter at my local school, the interview was mostly behavioral questions. Good experience, they were friendly and the interview went smoothly. Some questions also about the job and projects.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Charlotte, NC (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Typical career fair. Called and offered next day interview. Interviewed two nice folks, they asked primary Behavioral Questions. They also asked how you would treat a situation where you had a differing opinion from senior co-worker

Interview Questions

• How you handled a conflict with a co worker   1 Answer

Operations Center Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marathon Petroleum (Findlay, OH (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Began with an invitation to complete the COBRA test, then moved to 2 panel interviews. You cannot study for the COBRA test, it is a simulation to test your reactions to stressful environments. The panel interview was scheduled for several hours, 1 panel for an hour, small break, then another panel for an hour. Intense but not overly difficult questions. They're mostly just trying to see if you have the right personality for the job.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.