MarketAxess CDS Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

CDS Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarketAxess (City of London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was just wrong. The person who interviewed did not introduce himself. Before continuing I have to ask. He then introduced himself as the Head of Europe, but I do not think he was. He clearly has no idea of neither the CDS business nor Dodd Frank Laws, regulations, environment. I found it very strange. I also had to explained how the Clearing Houses will work. I thought it was his strategy to get info from me (to find out whether I know or not) After an hour meeting, I realised he was not aware and he did not have a clear understanding of what is the regulatory framework. I met later on with another person, he was very approachable. He introduced himself as the Head of Sales and the person who will replace the previous person. I could not believe what I was listened. He did not have much idea either of the CDS world. I sense some internal issues going on. But it was not part of my job to judge that.

Interview Questions

• the most unexpected interview question asked was: whether it was feasible to save the CDS info in a cloud computing?   2 Answers

After I finish the interviews, I called the recruiter and I said that I was not interested in working in an company where it was clear that the two more senior people have no idea of CDS. I thought it would be very time consuming to start teaching them CDS, etc. After all, the position was for CDS Project Manager. I also did not find it morally ok the comment about who would replace who.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.