MarketAxess Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 14 Mar 2019

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone Screen (basic Java questions) -> Tech round (intermediate Java questions/data structures) -> HR round

The tech team reads off a script of questions found here on glassdoor in the second stage.

The HR round mostly asked me personal questions about my education (high school and college) rather than what I could offer to the company. No personal questions besides education, for the most part. Just where you got your degree/your high school experience. One of them also remarked that they thought my school was bad.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between abstract classes and interfaces?
      Did you come from a public or private high school?
      Did anyone famous come from your school?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First was a phone screen which has typical software questions/problems.
    This was followed by first on-site. This was one-on-one with three persons.
    Also a two-person design interview. Was given some requirement and 10 minutes to think about how to achive a solution. After that we discussed the solution in detail.

After this, there was a second round on-site interview to meet with senior managers. This was a team fit interview

Interview Questions

• General software development and multi threading questions   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MarketAxess.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then onsite. Asked mostly knowledge based questions of java and about my past projects on my resume. Had about 4 interviewers who asked a lot of personal questions and 2 of them asked technical too, including a brain teaser.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you make a constructor private in Java?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

1 - 2 phone screens with management. General questions asked, spoke about the role, my background and skills. lasting about 45 min to 1 hour
    After the Phone screen you are asked to come in for a face to face interview. This lasted 2.5 hours and I met with the manager, 3 members of the team and upper management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What makes you right for this job?
      Tell me something positive and negative about your current employer   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. They sent a confirmation and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was a brief conversation and asked about something on my resume. Next was the onsite interview and it was more of a discussion of me and my school rather than my skills for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name something you contributed to as apart of a group project.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I spoke with a senior analyst on the phone about my background and we talked about some of the classes I was taking. I then had an onsite interview with several managers where I learned about MarketAxess's business.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous work and internship experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process was straightforward and consisted of a phone interview and superday in the office. Interview questions did not consist of many technical questions but focussed more on fit based questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was familiar with how transactions worked between the sell-side and the buy-side   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

4 hours. Basic questions

Tell me about yourself.
    What are your strengths?
    What are your weaknesses?
    Why do you want this job?
    Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
    What's your ideal company?

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked about my resume and just had conversation   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MarketAxess in September 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Talked about stuff on my resume, like previous work experience and projects. I was asked about sql queries and general stuff of how data gets sent to the server.

Interview Questions

• How is data sent to a server?

How to join two tables with inner join?

How does data in a form get sent to the server?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

First I gave my resume to the HR people at an on campus event. I received an email for a phone screening for about 20 mins. It was mostly concept based JAVA questions then a superday

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.