Matalan Retail General Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Matalan Retail General Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Matalan Retail

2.1

General Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail.

Interview

I applied online, took a few weeks to head from them and offer me an interview. Interview was scheduled two day after I received the email. I had a 1 to 1 interview with the assistant manager. It was pretty short and the questions were very basic.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Matalan Retail

General Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in October 2020.

Interview

Applied on their website and heard back after 2 days. I had an email telling me that I was chosen for an interview with a time on it. Got to the store on day of interview and had it 1:1 with one of the managers. Lasted about 15 minutes

General Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

No phone or video interview, was a 1 on 1 interview with a manager. Was overall a positive experience, mainly asked basic competency questions and a few situational questions.

General Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portobello, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Portobello, Scotland (UK)) in August 2020.

Interview

Applied for the job online they emailed a few days later and invited me for an interview. Lasted about 20 mins and it was very chilled and relaxed.

General Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Group interview given a problem to solve together; working with a current employee whilst 2 managers watched. Probably about 6 people being interview at once then individual interview where we were taken by one manger to answer questions.

General Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail.

Interview

I applied online, the process took 2-3 weeks. Once I'd completed the online application I got an email inviting me to an interview 4 days later. The interview is a team interview, there was 5 of us at mine and we started off just going around and introducing ourselves. Then we completed a task where we all as a team had to style two outfits from two different departments and then sell/explain our choices to the interviewers. We then did one to one interviews with the manager and went home. Took around an hour. Then called an hour later to say I'd got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a retail environment (shop) you enjoy visiting most and why.   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Are you going on any holidays in the next 6 months?   Answer Question

General Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and received an invite for an interview several days later. Group interview which was very casual followed by a task to each pick out an outfit from the store and describe why we picked it. Followed by a 15-20 minute 1-1.

General Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Christchurch, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Christchurch, England (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

Felt very comfortable and made to feel comfortable by the management. We were placed into two separate teams of around six people and asked to pick an outfit for a display and then present the outfit and explain why.

General Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dewsbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Dewsbury, England (UK)) in May 2019.

Interview

The group interview/assessment was easy and quite fun. 10 people were supposed to attend the group interview but only half of us did. We were taken into an assessment room and we all sat around a table together while the supervisor talked about Matalan, explained the roles we would do and other thing such as benefits, holidays, etc.

After the introduction, we were asked to introduce ourselves and talk about why we brought this item. This wasn't as daunting as it may sound - it was made pain free and fun with no judgement. After this, we were split into two groups and tasked with a scenario that we had to find an outfit for on a budget of £50. This was also easy and my partner and I seemed to have the same ideas. We went back to the room after 20 minutes and explained why we picked these specific outfits, this was also easy and not daunting. When that was done it was time for the one to one interviews, again, standard questions were asked and wasn't scary like some would expect.

Overall, it was one of the most fun interviews I've had and made to be something that wasn't daunting.

General Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Started of as a introduction to Matalan, store manager and assistant manager
    After that we did a practical exercise which involved working with other people who where getting interviewed and at the end we did the one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time you have worked as a team?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any criminal record?   1 Answer
    • Do I have any holidays booked?   1 Answer
    • If new company policy and changes to the store where to happed, how would you find out?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time you have help someone?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.