Matalan Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Matalan Retail Interview Questions

Interviews at Matalan Retail

2.1

General Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dewsbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Dewsbury, England (UK)) in May 2019.

Interview

The group interview/assessment was easy and quite fun. 10 people were supposed to attend the group interview but only half of us did. We were taken into an assessment room and we all sat around a table together while the supervisor talked about Matalan, explained the roles we would do and other thing such as benefits, holidays, etc.

After the introduction, we were asked to introduce ourselves and talk about why we brought this item. This wasn't as daunting as it may sound - it was made pain free and fun with no judgement. After this, we were split into two groups and tasked with a scenario that we had to find an outfit for on a budget of £50. This was also easy and my partner and I seemed to have the same ideas. We went back to the room after 20 minutes and explained why we picked these specific outfits, this was also easy and not daunting. When that was done it was time for the one to one interviews, again, standard questions were asked and wasn't scary like some would expect.

Overall, it was one of the most fun interviews I've had and made to be something that wasn't daunting.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (London, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

I got a call from Matalan asking about my availability which was very important for them. They then asked me if I am available on weekends to which I said yes. She asked me if I would like an interview and I said yes and let me pick a date and time.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Newbury, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Interview was informal and quick, mainly asking about personality with some questions involving previous work experience.
    They did not get back to unsuccessful candidates and provide feedback which was a slight downside.

TAM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knowsley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Knowsley, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

First part was submitting the application online, second was a video interview first which consisted of 5 open ended questions, then a relatively informal presentation and group excercise involving decision making and team work.

General Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Started of as a introduction to Matalan, store manager and assistant manager
    After that we did a practical exercise which involved working with other people who where getting interviewed and at the end we did the one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time you have worked as a team?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any criminal record?   1 Answer
    • Do I have any holidays booked?   1 Answer
    • If new company policy and changes to the store where to happed, how would you find out?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time you have help someone?   1 Answer

GSA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail.

Interview

group task, shop floor activity and one to one interview

had to make a poster on matalan. had to sell items to manager acting as customer, relatively easy interview. i heard back a week later via phone call.

General Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail.

Interview

I was given a quick phone interview with some basic questions. Then it ended by the caller telling me she would stop wasting time because I 'didn't sound interested'. This wasn't true at all.

GSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (London, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

Application online only. You have the one to one interview first, introduce yourself, tell her whether you're still in school/college straight away and positively promote yourself. Be confident but not overly as you'll come across cocky.

General Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derry, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Derry, Northern Ireland (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

Group interview, relaxed and welcoming. Interviewed by 3 members of staff. Role plays. How I would deal with customers asking certain questions. How I would respond to customers when I have finished my shift

General Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Liverpool, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

Interview process was very easy and relaxed with a friendly manager. Group interview with around 10 other people who had all applied for Christmas temp roles. Interview lasted around 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself with your name, draw 3 things that describe you and the rest of the group has to guess.
      General questions about the company e.g. who is the founder, year the company was founded, companies values.   Answer Question