Matalan Retail Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Matalan Retail Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Matalan Retail

1 Interview Review

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (London, England (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied online and about 2 weeks later Phone interview that was interesting and explained the role specification.
Then it took another 2-3 weeks to arrange a face to face interview.
After face to face another 2 weeks for feedback. Their recruitment process is painfully slow and inefficient .

During the face to face interview it was clear that the company is old fashioned and unwilling to change to modern frameworks.
The hiring manager was very inquisitive and wanting someone to be as old fashioned as him.
I've noticed as the interview progressed, that the company is not ready for changing which is worrying in this face pace environment and industry, maybe the upper staff or senior board want to become agile, but area manger in IT department is jeopardizing progress and we will continue to see the old fashion Matalan for longer until they realize is unsustainable.
I have 20+ years in the IT industry and I have seen the progress and collapse of some companies during my career.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.