Matalan Retail Trainee Assistant Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Matalan Retail Trainee Assistant Merchandiser Interview Questions

Interviews at Matalan Retail

3.7

Trainee Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knowsley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Knowsley, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

1. Intital online application form - CV
2. Video interview
3. If successful from Video interview - Invited into Assessment centre
4. Assessment centre - presentation, interview, group exercise
5. From this a week later you where either offer a position or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about when you had to adapt your way of working to fit with the team?
    All where competancy based questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Matalan Retail

Trainee Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Liverpool, England (UK)).

Interview

Assessment day starts with a 10 minute presentation on the role of a Merchandiser, they a one to one interview lasting about 15-20 minutes then a group excersize which looks at your skills of working together, how you process info and make decisions.

Trainee Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knowsley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Knowsley, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

After providing a CV and cover letter, they got back to me almost immediately about doing an online interview. This just involved regular questions about what I understood the job position to be, and why that was important, and about myself.
    After passing that stage I was invited to a morning at the head office, which involved giving a presentation about the job role and how it related to other areas of the business. Then there was a two on one interview which lasted about 20-30 mins, and finally a session of group work with 6 other candidates.
    We were promised feedback if we didn't get it, but this took a lot longer than other parts of the process, which was frustrating.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a merchandiser does?
      Who is the best leader you know?
      Tell us a bit about yourself?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.