McGraw Hill Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McGraw Hill Interview Questions

Interviews at McGraw Hill

2.8

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (New Orleans, LA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted out of several phone interviews and 2 face to face interviews. During one of the face to face interviews, I had to give a formal presentation using the company's software. Almost everyone will have to complete some of project.

Interview Questions

• They ask me a lot of situational type of questions. How I would handle certain situations and how I have handled them in the past.   Answer Question

Learning Technology Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

What a collossal waste of time!!! I was contacted by a recruiter from McGraw-Hill. After the initial phone screen, I was scheduled to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. On the day that was to take place, I got an email saying he had to cancel. I should have taken this as an early indicator as to how things were going to go, but I didn't. A week goes by and the recruiter calls me again and speaks to me like this was the first time we spoke on the phone. I did tell her about our previous appointment that she cancelled on the sales manager's behalf and she apologized and continued on like nothing happened.

I passed the screening, the sales manager's phone screening, the in-person interview, I completed the project they asked me to do on my own time(which I did on my vacation time), I passed the next interview/demonstration portion and moved on to yet another interview with the VP of that region. I was doing very well in the interview with him and twice tried to close him, but he said that he just didn't know me enough to make that decision. Mind you, we talked for an hour and the same questions the hiring manager asked me, he asked as well. I was told that they would get back with me in a week or 2. Really???

This whole process started in the very first part of August and here it is early October and they STILL can't make a valued assessment. Steer clear of these jokers as they will waste your time and I have the emails to prove it. I asked for feedback and they have yet to respond.

Digital Success Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Dubuque, IA (US)).

Interview

What did you not like about your previous position?

I see you invested so much time into an advanced degree in a specific niche, why would you want to work for us?

What concerns us is the amount of time you have invested....

They are looking for an expert in the Social Sciences field who has professorial experience and can provide support in the field for their specific programs tailored to meet the needs of professors in this field. Yet, instead of asking open-ended questions, they set you up to fail. At one point they implied that my advanced degree was a waste. I respectfully disagreed and said that college was simply a means to an end: a successful critical thinker and problem-solver. After doing very well in the 2nd interview, I was told I would be brought in to job shadow to ensure it was a good fit. Two days later was told I was not selected for the position. Very unprofessional and dishonest.

Interview Questions

• You have invested so much tie and resources into your Master's. We don't see many of those. I can tell that you are dedicated to your field. What worries us is why you would want to work for us. In other words, what are you doing here?   1 Answer

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Afterwards I had a phone interview. After the pone interview I was invited onsite. The onsite interview went well until it didn't. I really though I was a perfect fit for this position. I mean who has 10 years experience with php and 3 years angular. The exact tech stack they were committed to. It all came down to the site reliability engineer asking me several questions about micro services. I couldn't answer. Who in their right mind is using php to build micro service architecture. Anyway. That is when it all went south. My php experience was using drupal, magento, code igniter, and symfony. That didn't cut it. Ever since this interview I have been educating myself on micro services. In the process of educating myself though .net core I realized the site reality engineer who was interviewing me didn't even know what he was talking about. Dude was deploying the same php code on the same hosted server which isn't a micro service at all. When I met the site reliability engineer I had an immediate feeling that he did not like me. From the first second we met hands I had an intuition that the interview was not going to go well.

Interview Questions

• A bunch of micro service questions. Several questions about how to monitor health, design patterns, and logging. Ironically not many Angular questions. I question whether anyone actually knew angular.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

the process took 5 months. So slow. There were so many hurdles and the interview process was difficult. I was not happy at the end of the process. It showed me how things are done. It was scattered and difficult.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Maidenhead, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Set to do a presentation based on research on a territory that you would be covering. This required visiting the clients and getting feedback which was used for data as part of the presentation

Interview Questions

• Reasons why you would fit the role what you can bring to the role?   1 Answer

Coordinator Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2018.

Interview

The first interview was with the in-house recruiter, who set up a face-to-face meeting with the hiring manager during the following week. Three days after, the recruiter called back for a panel interview with the hiring manager and the department head scheduled the succeeding week. It took a little over a week for me to be informed that they eventually hired another person for the job.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Whitby, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

3 phone interviews; 1 in person; 1 demo/simulation; 1 in person panel. Friendly, but challenging. They seem to be hiring more from the SaaS/PaaS sector, as thier solution is increasingly digitally focused in NA.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Model/STAR method: "Tell us about a time when..."   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a four-step process that began with a recruiter phone interview and ended with my driving to another state for the final in-person interview. Along the way, I closed each interview and was given positive feedback, leading me to believe I was going to receive an offer. I was asked to complete a writing project by traveling to different college campuses. No parking or travel expenses were reimbursed. After my final interview (during which the interviewer indicated I would be moving forward,) I heard from the recruiter that I had not received the position. I attempted to follow up with the recruiter and hiring manager and received no feedback, after weeks of conversation.

Interview Questions

• Name 10 traits possessed by a successful salesperson   3 Answers

Learning Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Whitby, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

started with a telephone screener, if you passed that you next have a telephone interview with the hiring manager, in my case there were two locations hiring so both managers were on the call. I was then given an assignment to create a presentation based on specific customer situations. had to be recorded and submitted. then was brought in for a panel interview with the director, hiring manager, person i would be replacing, marketing and HR. lasted just over and a hour.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage a fast paced environment with multiple priorities.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.