McGraw-Hill Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McGraw-Hill Interview Questions

Interviews at McGraw-Hill

2.8

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Burr Ridge, IL (US)).

Interview

I was referred by someone who already worked there - she forwarded my resume. I received a call from HR to set up a phone interview. From there, I had a phone interview/screening with the HR manager, who then set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. After I passed that, I was asked to come in for an in person interview. I was there for four hours and interviewed separately with about five different people on the team. About two days later, they offered me the job and I took it. That was 17 years ago!

Interview Questions

• Honestly, it was so long ago, I don't remember, but I know they asked me why I wanted to work for McGraw-Hill.   1 Answer

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Trenton, NJ (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied through the company website and was then contacted by an HR recruiter to set up a time for the first phone interview. After the first interview I was set with a 2nd phone interview with the Director of Sales Operations.

Interview Questions

• Please describe how your experience in your previous job will prepare you for this role   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Noida) in August 2019.

Interview

First there was a screening round of about 40 minutes in telephone with HR.
    Then there was an webex round .
    It went well and it was being told that feedback is positive,however after a week of no response the HR told that we will be sharing final feedback then after three weeks they mailed me that they have moved on with another Candidate.

I am overall happy with the interview process since I was given constant feedback.

Hence overall even though I didn't get the offer but was responded properly.

Interview Questions

• what frameworks you have worked on   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Was approached by several recruiters to see if McGraw-Hill would be a good fit for me as my resume matches with what they are looking for. After a brief conversation, I agreed to talk to a hiring manager with a short interview over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all technical based and did not expand on any topics brought up. "Mostly do you know or have experience with this" type questions, which seemed to be just a bunch of questions off a list. When all questions were were answered, the interview was done. I guess I could say it was like filling out an online form which would have been much more time efficient.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Columbus, OH (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Started with Recruiter, then Hiring Manager, and F2F. The recruiter gave me advice for each step. She was very informative about benefits. Best experience so far in me job search!!

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Contacted via recruiter. Phone interview with MH Program Manager setup the next day. The interviewer passed on moving forward.

The questions were rather broad.

I was interviewed by a new (3 months) employee who had no response to questions regarding the current areas of improvement or identified gaps of the Scrum Team.

From the interview, I didn't get a sense that Agile tools were being used in measurable or actionable ways.

The group I interviewed with did not have much of a feedback mechanism for the team members. It seemed that reflections on performance and expectations were only visited when deliverables were not being met.

I did not get much insight into the inner operations as responses to how DOR.

The interviewer focused on Scrum knowledge level based on textbook definitions and seemed to follow with anti-examples to further assess knowledge or stance on the methodology.

In a nutshell, the interview was mostly about cultural alignment to MH methodology beliefs.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill.

Interview

The recruiter gave me a call at the scheduled time, and right away, it seemed like she was just interested in asking questions. She didn't seem to want to give me the opportunity to drive the conversation, and my ability to ask questions about the company and the role were limited. That was still tolerable. However, about 15 minutes into the call, she started talking about her broken foot, and that whole experience. I thought it was definitely irrelevant, but decided to just go with it. Maybe she was testing my conversational skills. The conversation then moved to her granddaughter's gymnastics performances, and her journey through gymnastics.

By that time, it had been 45 minutes, and the majority of the time was spent talking about the recruiter's life. I've actually never had this type of experience in an interview, and it definitely didn't leave a great impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• It sounded like she had a checklist of questions to ask, and was only interested in getting through that list, and nothing further.

Why do you want to work at McGraw Hill?
      What qualities do you look for in a company when you're applying?
      What do you do in your job today?   1 Answer

Technology Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

A single phone meeting with an Executive Editor, and an in-person meeting with team leaders some time after that. After the initial application, it was several months before I was contacted, but the interview, offer and start date were relatively quick.

Interview Questions

• The one unique thing that was asked was about some volunteer activities in the arts/cultural field that appeared on my resume that gave the team leaders some ideas about what projects they could assign to me.   1 Answer

Software Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Irvine, CA (US)).

Interview

All behavior questions, the job title sounds like they do some cool automated testing, but it turns out they were looking for manual tester for their website. Interviews are friendly, but the position is not what I expected from the job posting.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to work here? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill.

Interview

HR phone interview, followed by a ~1 hr phone tech screening. In person 3-hour interview covering relational databases and SQL queries, backend basics, and a short "exam" consisting of web development basics and a typing (WPM) test.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.