McGraw Hill Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McGraw Hill Interview Questions

Interviews at McGraw Hill

2.8

Software Engineer - Platform Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw Hill in January 2019.

Interview

I was invited to the phone screen with the hiring manager. The lady was very very uninterested. It seemed like she hates her job a lot. I felt like talking to a robot. Also, I did not get the chance to get answers to my questions about the position, since she did not know anything about it.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw Hill in January 2019.

Interview

Very unorganized. The interview did not show the first time for our scheduled phone interview and we rescheduled and she was 20 minutes late on the second time. Very casual conversation, lacked a bit of professionalism. Gave the impression that the TA department was a work in process and not streamlined and many people are new

Interview Questions

• They asked what the volume of hires were and how you attract talent.   Answer Question

Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Dubuque, IA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Met with people in the same position across the company. People from remote offices phoned in. I met at the Dubuque location and was able to ask any questions I had about the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with project management?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

After speaking with three people over the phone, I came in for an interview with five people back to back. They were of varying seniority and experience. All were supportive and friendly!

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Reached out by a recruiter for a role that was posted for almost a year, had my reservations but decided to give it a chance. Spoke with several people on the phone and conversations went well. Went in person and met with several people and conversations were positive.

During my chat it was evident to see the team was really unorganized not only that but they were years behind some of the most basic marketing concepts and multiple people told me about how bad their colleagues are at their jobs. Hiring manager spent a good chunk of the time speaking ill of her direct reports and other colleagues. Huge red flags hearing that and was not interested in the role after the in person interviews. Never followed-up with the team and heard nothing back.

Three months later I get a voicemail from them telling me they're ready to make an offer. Mind you I heard nothing from HR during these three months. So they randomly call me with this offer. Not sure what world they are living in but no one is going to wait three months to get a job offer from a company with such a terrible work culture. Much better options out there. The job is still posted to this day, if its taking you 6+ months to fill a junior level role there is something wrong with the company

Senior Recruiter Interview

Interview

Was informed quickly of my status in the application process. It helped to know where I stood without the lag time. The application was easy to complete with clear next steps.

Senior UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

telephonic screen
    onsite

telephonic was good , i am react developer they are looking for angular and the onsite interview was more like they don't want to hire me and not interested

Interview Questions

• Telephonic -
         Experience working
         CORS
         UI Libraries
         Binary Trees

Onsite -
        Behavioral Questions
        Explain how Reactive works Architecture ( Rxjs ) with input events
        create JSON stringify function
        resolve promises with set timeout
        find Minimum element in stack with O(1) complexity
        find Intersection of two sorted arrays.   Answer Question

Channel Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Burr Ridge, IL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

This was hands down one of the worst interviewing experiences I have ever been a part of. First, this position was a fairly new position and several of the job descriptions listed were not actually part of the job. Clearly, there were some gaps between corporate and the hiring office. I still pressed forward despite these red flags. After several phone screens with their corporate HR department, I was invited to n person interview with three decision makers at their Burr Ridge office. However, after scheduling this interview it had to be changed because the idea was to bring me and have me sit down and interview with 4 separate people on site and off site and it was hard to get everyone available. Once finally scheduled I was given a very specific agenda of how this interview time would be divided up and who I was going to be speaking with. Obviously, I did my research on each person involved in the process for prep. When I arrived the Vice President was late and kept me waiting at least 20 mins past our scheduled time. Once in the office, he said "I don't have any questions for you", I just want to talk. We had a discussion for about 45 mins during this time he proceed to use foul language and bad mouth a lot other companies in the space. Then he said he needed to dial into a call and pawned me off on another person in the office. I sat in another gentleman's office for about 30 mins literally just looking at each other attempting to make small talk this man clearly had no questions prepared. He wasn't on the list or even a person I would be dealing with. Then I was brought into a room to dial into another office with the 3rd person on the list. This women couldn't have been nicer and was ready for our call and conversation, that part went great. The original VP was supposed to come to get me and dial into the final person we were scheduled to meet with. Well, he literally forgot about me and never showed up. I sat in an empty office and waited then I had to wander the office looking for his office and when I arrived his door was closed. I waited a bit and eventually I knocked and he got mad and the 2nd gentleman walked me out of the office and said something came up, but we would reschedule the final part of the interview and I should follow up with corporate. I sent a thank you email to the VP guess what he never replied. The icing on the cake was when I reached out to my HR corporate person she was no longer employed there? I literally heard back from no one, no email, no follow up, no nothing. I had heard rumours going in the Mcgraw Hill wasn't what it once was. Well, I can tell you this was a complete waste of everyone's time, effort and energy. I have a very poor view of a once industry leader.

Interview Questions

• Basic background questions
      Industry experiences
      asked about what I knew about the publisher's space   Answer Question

Senior Reporting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw Hill in January 2018.

Interview

Had a call screening with a consultant in their TA dept. Then had a phone interview with the hiring manager for the position. Was told they would like to bring me into the office for an in-person interview but it might take some time to schedule. Then radio silence. I followed up 4 times. The third time, I was told they would get back to me by end of week. Never did.

Digital Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Windsor, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (East Windsor, NJ (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone screening. Interviewer's connection was poor and there was a lot of background noise of other people talking, like a call center. The interviewer said the salary was in the mid-40's. I responded that this seemed unusually low for the job description. Interviewer replied that they were looking for someone "fresh out of college and willing to learn." This completely contradicted the job posting which says (in 3 places) that experience is essential and a high level of performance is expected. It also does not match my resume. It was plain that their primary interest is paying as little as possible.

Interview Questions

• 1. What made you interested in applying for this job?
      2. What salary are you expecting?   1 Answer