McGraw-Hill Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McGraw-Hill Interview Questions

Interviews at McGraw-Hill

2.8

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview that went over the base of my resume. They highlighted a few parts that they wanted to know more information about. Then there was an in person interview with the hiring manager from the department and they looked deeper into my resume and asked some behavioral questions. Overall not too hard of an interview.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Columbus, OH (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied for 2 positions on the company's online job board. A recruiter called and conducted a phone screen/interview within the week. From the phone interview, in-person interviews were scheduled with 3 separate individuals. Made it to the second round of interviews. Timing of the in-person interviews was spread out due to travel schedules. Received an offer for the position shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Was I comfortable working with confidential information, including salaries?   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (New York, NY (US)) in April 2009.

Interview

There was no interview. I came in as a temporary employee and eventually became permanent.

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill in July 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and had first phone interview, which lasted about 10 mins. Second interview was with the hiring manager, who I could tell would be someone I would never want to work for. She was combative and acted like she was doing me a favor taking the time for the interview.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (New York, NY (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

The man who interviewed me was super duper nice, and I felt the interview went well. However, when i didn't get the job, I never received any sort of notice until weeks later when I reached out asking the status of my post. They were respectful and told me I didn't get it. Overall, OK experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to solve a problem in your work.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Dubuque, IA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an individual I met on a class tour. I sent him my resume and was contacted twice to set up an interview. Came in for an interview with two marketing managers and was introduced to the floor where I could potentially be working. Was called a few days later and was offered the internship. Started within a week of being contacted.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for the company?
      Available Hours
      What is something that's challenging for me.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (New York, NY (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Got an email from HR asking to set up a time for a phone screening. Email confirmation sent. Day of she never called. I emailed asking if she wanted to reschedule about an hour later and didn't hear back until the next day. She was apologetic and offered an excuse (sounded like BS) and rescheduled for the next day. She called 15 minutes late for that one, but the call went well. Said she'd be in touch by end of week to schedule interview with hiring manager. Never heard back. I sent her an email a week later to followup about the call or in-person with the hiring manager and *crickets*. Emailed again the following week and still no response.

Whether she changed her mind or the hiring manager didn't want to meet or whatever, it's fine....just tell me something one way or the other to close the loop.

It's incredibly unprofessional and rude to not respond to a candidate at all after wasting hours of their time back and forth scheduling and rescheduling plus the time they spend on phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations (because she asked within 5 minutes of getting on a call... usually they at least wait until the end to ask). She said I was in-line with what they had approved for the position, so we could continue with the call... I guess the pro with that is if you're outside of range you only waste 5 minutes on a call vs 30 or 45 minutes.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

qualified for the position but no respone. short telephone screening process. could barely hear the recruiter. the interview was short but was not very informative. i wish they gave any response or follow up, but they failed to do so.

Media Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill.

Interview

The recruiter set up the interview with the positions superior and the head of the department. The recruiter sat in on the interview as well. It took a while to set up an interview time once they decided to interview me, but they said that was simply because of how many interviews they had and the amount of work with which they were overloaded. The interview was very laidback. By the time I left, there was no doubt in my mind that I was going to get an offer. It was a fantastic interview.
    Even if I hadn't been so confident that I was going to gain a position, it would have been a great interview. The only down side to interviewing with them was the wait time to schedule the interview and the background check. After having a set start date, the background check took several days to get back to them so my start date kept getting pushed back. It's happened with most of the new hires here.

Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Columbus, OH (US)).

Interview

I came through a recruiter. One phone screen with them and then onto a 1:1 at the McGraw Hill office. Every one there was very friendly and genuinely interested in you as a person. They care a lot about not on applicable past experience but also your potential fit within the team.