McGraw-Hill Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McGraw-Hill Interview Questions

Interviews at McGraw-Hill

2.8

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (New York, NY (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

You will speak to multiple employees during the interview up to the Sr. VP of Sales. Be prepared to be able to demo the product. They want a positive, go-getter for the position.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I got phone interview first, and then went to NYC for an onsite interview with two managers. The manager interview was one to one. It took me about 1 hour to finish the interview.

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Columbus, OH (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by two managers. It was very professional and not intimidating at all. Great questions. Had good conversations about the job and great explanation of the duties. I heard back with an offer not even a week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision in the work place?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Columbus, OH (US)).

Interview

I was first reached out to by an HR representative for a phone interview. This was very basic and she just wanted to know basic information about me and my background. I then received a call about a week later informing me I had been chosen for an in person interview. This interview was with the Finance Manager and it was actually on casual Friday so he, and everyone else in the office, was wearing jeans and I was very out of place in my suit. It was a very informal interview and he just asked me about the classes I was taking and how I liked them. I received a job offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any difficult questions, mostly just about my school work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, this was my first internship.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill.

Interview

Two interviews in the HQ and one by phone

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Fayetteville, AR (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Went very well. Self directed most of the interview. Addressed most issues up front before they were asked. They were impressed by my energy, professionalism and outgoing personality. Very informal. Was interrupted multiple times by people either knocking on the office door or just walking in. A little strange. But any interview you cam get is good experience.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing the last few years. Gap in my work history.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill in August 2015.

Interview

The process was very smooth and engaging. There was constant feedback and the process was pretty straight forward. I never felt like the required informaton was not being relayed to me. Everyone wsa very helpful and passionate about there roles within the company as well.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

the process took 5 months. So slow. There were so many hurdles and the interview process was difficult. I was not happy at the end of the process. It showed me how things are done. It was scattered and difficult.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Irvine, CA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

First I was contacted by a recruiter that was hired by McGraw-Hill and they did a preliminary screening and set up an on phone interview with the senior supervisors. The phone interview was a bit technical and a bit about my work history, I then set up an on site interview where I had a technical white board style interview where they asked me questions. I then met a few people and later on I was contacted by the HR people in their New York office who just did a final screening just to "Make sure I wasn't crazy" as the nice lady put it over the phone :)

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write algorithms on the white board and explain my thinking (I won't say which questions were asked).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Over the phone with the remote HR team.

Solutions Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Columbus, OH (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was recruited for the position via LinkedIn. The first phone interview was with the recruiter, followed by three additional phone interviews with the team leads and manager of the position. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. The interview with the recruiter was the most in depth and formal, while the interviews with the team leads and managers were more relaxed and focused on soft skills.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very specific to the content of the position, the customer needs, and technology experience. It is best to acquire as much as possible about the position or project before the first interview. My interview consisted of my knowledge of the specific international client as well as the cultural background of the project.   Answer Question