McGraw-Hill Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McGraw-Hill Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at McGraw-Hill

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I've applied to a few roles and have been interviewed for three positions. Was contacted by an HR manager each time who was very helpful and professional. Advanced to interviews with the hiring manager, each time that went very well.

Third round was where things went off the tracks each time. At that point it was clear that the interviewers were unprepared for the interviews. What they said they wanted in a candidate was not what they were hiring for. One person said they wanted a creative person but praised candidates with traditional experience. Another was critical of my my career path then said I was being defensive when I explained my reason.

One hiring manager said there were a lot of candidates for the role, but that some were just "throwing spaghetti against the wall". While I don't think she was talking about me, she moved me forward, I find that a flippant was to talk about a candidate and their livelihood.

Interview Questions

• I was always asked about my experience and was given some situational/behavioral questions. One manager asked a vague question on my thoughts about their website, which is large and pretty standard. I asked him for a more specific example and he continued with an equally vague question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McGraw-Hill

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, in-person with 3 people

Interview Questions

• very detailed questions - point by point resume walk through. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ciudad de México (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Ciudad de México (Mexico)) in December 2011.

Interview

You will be interviewed by the Publisher and the Marketing Director after that you will continue with a human resources assistant and then the manager. The publisher is the manager who takes the final decision and for me that was the most important interview.They focus in your experience and goals.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.