McGraw-Hill Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McGraw-Hill Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at McGraw-Hill

3.2

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager for an hour interview. I was then flown to the "in-house" group in Chicago to meet with Marketing Managers, Editors and VP of Sales. It was a full day of meeting with people.

Interview Questions

• When meeting with the VP of Sales, it was a very formal interview about goals, why McGraw-Hill. The atmosphere of the company was very casual and people were very easy to get along with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was room to negotiate a salary.

Other Interview Reviews for McGraw-Hill

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Tampa, FL (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was extensive and consisted of a project that was mock day of what the job would be like. I had more than 10 interviews to actually get the job.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing today to earn the job and ultimately the business?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I needed to negotiate relocating expenses

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill.

Interview

Many layers including national sales manager, first a phone interview the. If you make it through there will be an in person interview with manager, the next level may require a campus visit and a written follow up to the in campus activity. If you make it to the next level it is usually a visit to Chicago or New York with a series of staff interviews including national sales manager.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions but do have to present a technology product   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very limited amount of negotiation. They do have ranges based on experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Albuquerque, NM (US)).

Interview

1. applied online and was contacted within a week for a phone interview.
    2. 45 minute screening interview with recruiter. Good questions about my sales and teaching experiences. Asked what i thought were 5 most important things about Sales? Greatest accomplishment in certain jobs? Challenges? When did I not succeed in developing good relationship with client?
    3. Was recommended for next interview (1of 6 people). Met in person with District Manager. Conversation style interview about the job expectations. Glad I prepared with intelligent questions about the company, market shares, role and local department of education budget distribution systems. I was not one of the two chosen for the next phase of interviews with group of general managers for this job, but was recommended for other roles that might come up in the area with MH. Was asked why I got into teaching? Was told they wanted someone innovative and adaptive who could think outside the box and not stuck or limited in ways of approaching sales and relationships.

Interview Questions

• None were especially difficult. Was asked in second interview about what really got me frustrated and red hot? I had thought about this and was prepared with what I thought was a positive spin.   2 Answers

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill.

Interview

All candidates are required to do a campus project, which requires you to choose a college campus and to spend a day interviewing multiple professors, such as "how do you incorporate technology into the classroom?" and "what do you not like about sales reps?"

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Dubuque, IA (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people, went well, pretty basic, nothing out of the ordinary. They asked pretty basic questions, there was a lot of applicants. Interviewing for my next position within McGraw-Hill was similar, only with one person for that interview. Because I had other employees to vouch for me the process was shorter and smoother. Negotiations were available for that position. Management was receptive and open.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations available

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (New Orleans, LA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted out of several phone interviews and 2 face to face interviews. During one of the face to face interviews, I had to give a formal presentation using the company's software. Almost everyone will have to complete some of project.

Interview Questions

• They ask me a lot of situational type of questions. How I would handle certain situations and how I have handled them in the past.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (New York, NY (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

It was an extremely long process (4 months) of next steps and they only occurred about once a month. The HR rep I was dealing with kept changing and couldn't get any information as to timeline, but when I did it was always a month off of what I was told. First phone screening with HR, then a phone interview with hiring manager, then they required a sales presentation (they're looking for you to ask for the sale), then an in person interview. I was told there would be one more final interview with a VP (between myself and another candidate) and would be followed up with by the hiring manager but after more than 2 weeks I received a generic HR decline email. Given the Hiring manager told me I would hear directly from him I was very surprised.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Standard questions. They look for high levels of critical thinking. They look for upbeat, very enthusiastic A type personalities. There are several interviews...district then regional manager then onto VP of sales. They like you to ask lots of questions again determine your level of critical thinking.They look for an aggressive close. You must do a lot of follow up and phone calls. They look for time management and also check your driving record.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill in March 2019.

Interview

1. Phone call interview
    2. Give presentation
    3. Online interview with senior managers
    4. Back ground check
    5. Onboard prep
    Each step takes a week to prepare, the HR team was really friendly and helpful.
    Positive.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you sell a product?
      2. What motivates you to be a sales person?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.