McGraw-Hill Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McGraw-Hill Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at McGraw-Hill

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for their Software Engineer position. Interview process involved a phone screening, a technical phone interview, and a design challenge done on-site. The developers were extremely friendly and were understanding for any gaps in knowledge. The overall process was actually enjoyable, even though they were testing my knowledge. Even if I did not get the position, I would walk away knowing that I learned a lot from the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Were you ever in a position of difficulty in a project and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McGraw-Hill

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill.

Interview

The interview process is a multi step one. Initially you may get a call from the company's recruiter. Once the HR screening is completed, phone screening with the Hiring Manager will be scheduled. if that's successful, then you will be invited for the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• About time complexity of algorithms   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted within a week of applying online. First, there was a phone screening with HR, then a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was called in for an onsite interview for a couple hours. Then had one final phone interview with HR again. It was a really smooth process, and everyone was very kind, helpful, and encouraging.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill.

Interview

HR phone interview, followed by a ~1 hr phone tech screening. In person 3-hour interview covering relational databases and SQL queries, backend basics, and a short "exam" consisting of web development basics and a typing (WPM) test.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.