McKinsey & Company Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McKinsey & Company Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.8

Analyst Interview

Interview

good grilling process ,with technical written along with case studies.one of a kind of interviews,one would rarely experience.
3 written tests along with 3 rounds of interviews of which 2 technical.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

There was an IQ style multiple choice test asking to analyze different short cases, followed by two case interviews with two different people. The case interview had to do with increasing sales of a company that was suffering for declining sales.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

After applying online I received call from HR Manager within two working days. She then sent me link to case interview study material. After 5 weeks she scheduled my further interview. Evening before my interview she called me to tell that interview may not be case interview. It was kind of late to give this kind of information because I was already knee deep into studying case interview and had not really thought about any other kind of questions. On the day of interview manager called me 15 minutes late. Interview was not case interview. It was like any other normal interview. It caught me off-guard. After hardly ten minutes and breaking my speech in between interviewer ended the interview.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in October 2009.

Interview

The interview process at McKinsey was extremely professional. Everyone I was in contact with gave me immediate feedback and were open to helping me in any way. The interview process is long and tiresome and the cases are challenging but it was a very good experience overall.

Analyst Interview

Interview

submit the application before the deadline, the whole application system is not rolling based but still the sooner the better as only limited number of people will be invited to the next round, the cv will be screened and if successful the candidate be invited to a test; the test score decides whether will be passed to the final round - AC - where standard behavior and competency questions will be asked, and with standard case interview process.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in December 2017.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews, with each round consisting of two case interviews and two behavioral interviews. Each interviewer, whether in person or on the phone, would ask me one behavioral question and then take me through one case interview. From my original application until my job offer took about six weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to pick one story about leadership from my work history and explain it in detail. This was the only behavioral interview question and it was rephrased in the four different interviews.   1 Answer

McKinsey & Company Response

18 Jul 2018 – Recruiting Expert

We're glad to hear you had a successful interview process - welcome to McKinsey!

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

After a phone screen, I took an online verbal and logical reasoning test. Then, there were two first round interviews with junior analysts. The final round was two interviews with partners. Each interview had a ~10 minute behavioral portion, 30 minute case, and 10-20 minutes for questions/discussion.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

I applied via my school and was chosen for a first round interview. I submitted a resume, cover letter, and transcript. The entire process was relatively simple and straightforward.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

I was called by an HR person after submitting an application online through the company website. She asked me questions about my resume, career goals, what I knew about McKinsey, etc...

Interview Questions

• I was asked about all the different experiences on my resume.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Charlottesville, VA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a first round on-campus interview. The interview consisted of two rounds, each with one analyst. Each round had two parts: A PEI and a Case. The PEI was relatively standard, as was the Case. As someone who does not have a case consulting background, I found the case portion very difficult, especially the "mental math" portions. But the interviewers were very nice and understanding.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.