McKinsey & Company Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McKinsey & Company Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

4.0

Associate Interview

Interview

2-month process, including problem solving game, two HR screenings, interview training, a mock interview and two interviews with consultants. Process was quick from step to step but included many steps.

Interview Questions

• Cases had multiple aspects - profitability being the core, with portions of market entry, risk mitigation, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

2 back to back one-on-one interview session with different consultants, all starts with a PEI and followed by a case. The interviewers will guide you in the process if you went into the wrong direction.

Associate Interview

Interview

MBA Interview
    1st Round: 2 interviews; both structured as Personal Experience Interview and a business case.

Final Round: 3 interviews; same structure

Overall, interviewers (a combination of recruiters, consultants, and partners) were friendly and straightforward.

Associate Interview

Interview

Pretty clear case and PEI interview combination. Had to talk in depth about personal experience and do some case math. Cases ranged from mining to retail to banking, but overall not too bad.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

First round had two back-to-back 1h interviews and final round had three. Each interview consists of a 15min personal experience interview and 30min case interview. The interviewers were all very helpful and supportive. They are more than willing to share their experience with you and guide you through the case.

Interview Questions

• A situation you demonstrated leadership   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, had a game before receiving the interview. The 1st round interview was conversational, interviewers were nice and supportive. The interview included a case and a personal experience story.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in September 2020.

Interview

Excellent interview experience! I had 2 case interviews in the first round and 3 case interviews in the final round. The format was very standard. The interviewers were all super friendly and supportive, and they made me feel much less stressful during the interview.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

You are asked to solve case questions, for which there are many online study resources. You are also asked PEI questions, which ask you to tell a story which displays your employable skills. There are two rounds. If you pass the first, you go through to the second, after which they may choose to make you an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were on a team that had a conflict that was keeping it from achieving its objective.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in September 2020.

Interview

Submitted application. Before interview, someone reached out to help with casing 2 rounds of case interviews. First round two people PEI+Case about 2hrs total. Second round 3 people, all in the local office higher up (AP and Partners).

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of questions that are "Tell me a story about a time you faced a tough situation with a..." . The PEI section on the website is actually pretty accurate   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Final round mostly about PEI, though there were 5 cases total in the entire 2 rounds of interviews. Important to be very solid on the math but not fast. Better in second round because interview with home office.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.