McKinsey & Company Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McKinsey & Company Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.9

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in November 2019.

Interview

2 one hour behavioral/case interviews, they started off with friendly greeting (5 minutes), then into 25 minutes of intense situation analysis grilling, then 30 minute case. They asked one question and we stayed on that one question for 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a team member   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online first. Casing interview, video first, and then fly to company for super day. Typical consulting interview process. For best practice, just go over cases and practice with other people. Got offer. Chose another company instead.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. From application to final decision, the entire process took about a month. Several analysts reached out to me to run through cases to prepare for my interviews which was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome great adversity to reach a goal.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Very personal. I felt like the interviewers were genuinely interested in my story and wanted me succeed. It's not an intimidating experience at all. I immediately felt at home and actually enjoyed the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead a team   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward, everyone was really nice, and the interviewers were truly encouraging. Had to apply through my school's portal and the online portal. You needed to include a cover letter and a resume

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

1st round: 2 Interviews with 1 PEI and 1 case each. The interviewers were very nice and walked through each case at a moderate pace. It was hard to know if you were doing well or not because of how nice they were to you.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge that you faced when you were in a group?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Two interviews in the first round conducted via video conference. The time is slightly longer than the in-person interviews because we have to deal with some technical difficulties.

The second round has three cases with partners.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in September 2019.

Interview

Quite expected for a problematic company like McKinsey. I only managed to round one, when I was interviewed via Zoom by two interviewers. One interviewer played "the good guy" while the other was a "bad guy." Both seemed disingenuous in their efforts to actually get to know me; the conversation was very formal and never pleasant or friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a conflict   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Two interviews with a Business Analyst and an Engagement Manager. Both interviews included 25 minute behavioral and 25 minute case. In-between the interviews I sat with several new-hires. They talked about office gossip and came up with practical jokes to play on the interviewing candidates. It was a very uncomfortable situation to be in.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Passed all rounds and got to the interview round. First round was great the interviewers really wanted me to succeed and provided valuable feedback. Last round was not so great my interviewer was yawning and was on her phone. That definitely threw me off.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.