McKinsey & Company Executive Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McKinsey & Company Executive Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.1

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I received the interview through a staffing agency. The interview consisted of meeting with the EA manager, and 6 current EAs. All around 15-30 minutes each. They wanted the candidate to be familiar with a very fast paced environment. The executive assistants were very organized and well managed and all really seemed to enjoyed working at McKinsey.

Interview Questions

• A lot of general interview questions. Why do you want this position? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Largo, FL (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application for review and was called the same day. Recruiting representative was very vague with details and did not offer any information other than what was provided in the job description. When I showed up for the interview, I was surprised to find I was co-interviewing. Was brought upstairs where there are 100+ people (ALL Executive Assistants) working in an open work environment. Finally was told by recruiter that I would be interviewing "speed dating" style and would never meet the person I would be supporting. If you want to be a part of a secretarial pool, then this is the job for you. If you support C-level Executives, don't waste your time. I walked out.

Interview Questions

• Presented with a 12 minute math test.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I was headhunted by an employment agent. The first leg of the process consisted of an intense set of timed skill tests. I sat across from another candidate, scribbling away. I had serious doubts they would call me in for a face-to-face interview even though I thought I performed satisfactorily. As it turned out, I tested well and was, remarkably, the only one out of ten people called back for an interview, which didn't delight me so much as surprise me. I mean the tests were not that hard, you know? The second (and final) leg of the process consisted of two straight hours worth of interviews. It was much more grueling for me than the testing process. I've been with my present company for over 8 years and had not interviewed in quite some time. I was sometimes tongue tied. Sometimes caught of guard.

Interview Questions

• What is your dream job? Why do you want to work at McKinsey? Describe yourself in five words.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone interviews, since I did not live in state. First was with an HR representative and then with an EA team leader. They responded to me within two days of each interview to let me know the next steps. Fairly easy interviews.
    The position was either for assigned (where you are assigned to two or three principals or consultants) or for replacement (where you act as a backup for other EAs on vacation).
    They chose to go with candidates with EA background (instead of my PR background).
    They seem to have high standards, so treat it like a highly competitive interview.

Interview Questions

• Q. Please give us an example of a time where you had to have a tough conversation with a boss you saw was about to make a poor decision regarding a client, etc. Tell us what the issue was and how you brought it to them in conversation.   1 Answer
    • Q. What excites you about this role?   1 Answer
    • Q. What is it that the company does that you are interested in/what is it that McKinsey does?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Saint Petersburg, FL (US)).

Interview

Pretty quick. I was referred by a current employee (they get a nice bonus if you are hired and make it 6 months). I had an in person interview where they asked situational questions, and the generic interview questions. It was done in a "speed dating" style. You go in as a group of 4 and spend 10 mins individually with each interviewer. If you get called back, you go in and do a practice run of how a typical day as an EA goes. They throw you and another person in a room with a lap top and ask you to go ahead and answer emails as you see fit. It was pretty stressful.

Interview Questions

• It's 5'O clock and one of your consultants asks you to stay late and help with something. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Saint Petersburg, FL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

The initial interview was like "speed dating". I interviewed with 4 different people, 10 minutes each. I LOVED it! The 2nd interview was a computer test, as well as, a grammar/spelling test.

Interview Questions

• One question I remember was, "If your Consultant calls you because they missed their plane and say it was your fault, yelling and extremely unhappy, what should you do?"   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

In a group - Timed Intellect Test first. Timed Detail-mindedness test next. Then three-ten minute interviews - speed dating style. All questions were appropriate and relevant and interviewers were very professional and appeared to be open and honest about culture.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were "What would you do if....?" Situational questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Saint Petersburg, FL (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

After submitting a resume online, I was contacted by McKinsey within 24 hours to schedule an interview within a few days.
    As mentioned in another interview description, the interview process here in St. Petersburg followed a "speed dating" type format; in my case there were 4 interviewees and 4 interviewers. I would estimate that we each spent approximately 10 minutes with each interviewer, each mostly focused on a slightly different topic, but nothing venturing too far outside of general interview questions (e.g., behavioral questions from one, specific experience-related questions from another, etc). Overall, I enjoyed this method of interview; it was energizing and certainly different- and the interviewers were all incredibly warm and friendly.
    The day following my face-to-face interview, I was contacted to schedule testing for the following day on the company's Lotus Notes Simulator. Though I didn't have Lotus Notes experience (having always been an Outlook gal), I was assured that it wouldn't impact my ability to complete the testing. I'm not sure whether having experience specific to the program would have made the testing easier, it seemed to be set up as a fairly stressful test regardless, which was, I'm sure, a good portion of the point. I went through the testing along with two other women and we all agreed afterward that the test was difficult and stressful.
    After interviewing on Monday and testing on Wednesday, I was called that Friday and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the following situation: One of the Consultants that you support calls you, very upset, because they have missed a flight because you forgot to add it to their calendar. What if you then realized that you HAD put it on their calendar?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a very brief discussion of salary, but I didn't feel the need to negotiate as the offer was very close to what I was hoping for and the benefits package more than compensated for the rest.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

1st interview: I met with an HR manager. She was pleasant byt held her cards very close to the chest. I didn't know how to read her and left feeling very ambiguous about her reaction. I normally read people/situations very well, so this is notable.

24 hours later I receive a call back. I return and spend 30 minutes with an EA supervisor, another 30 minutes with a top EA with longevity and rank, and a couple other one-to-ones with EA staff. All of them extremely good interviews from my perspctive. My skills and experience were right on the money, per their outlined requirements. I really all four of the EA staff with whom I met--great dynamic.

They were supposed to select a candidate within a week. 10 days later I get called back for another interview. One more EA, which I was frustrated by. Though the meetings all went well, I felt that 6 interviews was a bit much for an EA position, especially when none of them were with the professional(s) to be supported.

According to my recruiter (which, admittedly, might bear a good deal of responsibility for this whole regrettable exercise), they were interested and needed "a few more days." And then, "a few more days."

In the end, after five weeks I was told that another candidate had been selected. I had been really excited about the prospect of working for McKinsey and had such a great rapport with the other EAs that I was really disappointed. But worse, I was very frustrated that I felt strung-along for such a long time.

Lastly, I received no feedback from McKinsey--which could be that they didn't give it to my recruiter or could be that she didn't pass it along. In the end it felt like a big waste of time and energy.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the specific wording, but the HR manager asked some iteration of the classic "what are your faults" question.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Detroit, MI (US)).

Interview

I was interviewed several times, upwards of 5. The process would have been standard if the software had worked properly

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult personal failure and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one, I was offered and took it.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.