McKinsey & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

2,600 Interview Reviews

3.7

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

The digital assessment game link was sent to me. i played it to the best of my abilities but could not advance to the next level. Three games in all, a coral reef habitat ecosystem, a predict the sickness affecting a deer population

Interview Questions

• predict the sickness affecting a deer population   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

One interviewer kept asking about how I displayed leadership through my ethnic background activities. To me, this stuff is personal, and not relevant. My leadership abilities shouldn't be generalized to one part of me.

Interview Questions

• Case interview questions standard on the McKinsey website.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Getting past the screening process is difficult so make sure your resume is perfect.
    After the review process is the Imbellus test, which tests your cognitive ability. Time is crucial for this test.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Preliminary Phone screen with case interview and coaching through case process.

First Round, Two Case Interviews and Behavioral Interviews with Associate Partners.

Final Round, Three Case Interviews and Behavioral Interviews with Partners.

Interview Questions

• Q: How to improve the profits of an African utility company experiencing several down years in a row   Answer Question

BA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

2 rounds, each round has 2-3 interview sessions with different people. Easy case but the personal experience interview is where it gets tough they look for something very specific. The PEI stretches across 5 different areas and they look for you to hit across all areas if possible.

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Apply online. Attended info sessions and training at the local office. 2 rounds of interviews, 2 interviewers each round, first-round skype with associates, and second-round in person with partners.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Applied through the APD pathway and passed the resume screen to RI. RI consisted of two interviews at the regional office and RII consisted of three interviews at the office of choice. All interviews started with questions about a single leadership story/example and ended with a case. All five of my interviewers were incredibly sincere and engaging.

I had a wonderful experience with the recruiting process. I had to travel for both rounds of interviews and the logistics was easy and low-effort on my end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team member. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Analytics Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

First submitted the online application then got called by a recruiter. She assigned me an unexpected test on Quanthub.com which includes programming problems in Python and R. 2 minutes/question. You've got be very familiar with Python (Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn) and r Never seen people mentioned that

Interview Questions

• Are willing to travel for 80% of the time   2 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oneonta, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Oneonta, NY (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Before interview, there is an Online Assessment on Quanthub which covers Python, R, Statistic. After that, there will be a phone call with HR. And HR will schedule two coaching session for interview. There are first round and final round interviews. Each round contains two 50 min interviews. Each interviews will cover Personal Experience Impact and Case Interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell an example that can reflect you entrepreneurial drive.   2 Answers

Young Leaders Programmer Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

The interviewing process was very long - almost six months. First is a skills test online. Then they provide three coaching sessions before the first round of interviews, which is two interviews with associates at the country office. This is followed by another coaching session before the final round of interviews with the partners. Overall, it was a rigorous process and the coaches aren’t kind in their teaching approach. One in particular was quite demeaning and patronizing. The partner interviews are completely different from what the coaches teach and from the first round of interviews. I made great connections but I personally did not enjoy the experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.