McKinsey & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

1,918 Interview Reviews

3.8

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Case Interview Method

Be well versed in basic geopolitics, maths, and be in engaging. Be willing to back up your numbers. Remember no one likes to feel stupid, most importantly an interviewer. I'd advise you to be prepared to be intimidated and tired, and even bored, and even asking WTF am I doing here? - things that consultants experience OTJ.
    mmmk

Interview Questions

• How many pigs do you need in China?   5 Answers
    • How many tea kettles do you need in Canada?   3 Answers

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY (US)

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Ithaca, NY (US)).

Interview

The campus recruiting team is ridiculously unprofessional and shows no respect to candidates. The process started October 2017 and lasted till March 2018. After passing the first round on HackerRank, I was contacted for the next round but the process was delayed due to Christmas. In end January/early February I was contacted again. I sent out my availability for several times then never heard anything from anyone. Then I received an auto-rejection email in mid March. This is such a shame that a well-known company has a such disorganized campus recruiting team. I am glad I got an offer way better than McKinsey in the end.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Saint Petersburg, FL (US)).

Interview

1 step in the interview process was to pass 2 tests... first on the computer, writing emails in different situations and second test was on paper answering logical and mathematical questions. I didn't pass to the next step, unfortunately.

SBA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

On campus interview, including a case interview and personal experience. Tip: practice case with people before the interview. Two rounds, one hour per rounds. Applied online, because i go to a target school, i didn't do any networking. Heard the process is pretty selective.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I applied through someone I knew there, pretty quickly got a response and invitation for phone interview. Interview was good, efficient and comprehensive. She set a time beforehand and called when agreed on. Overall pleasant.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Many steps. Intro call with recruiter -> attend a webinar -> practice phone case question -> legit phone case question -> another call with recruiter -> on site interview -> recruiter call -> second on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Signed a confidentiality agreement, but all things you would expect if you've been studying from the normal sources.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

the interview process wasn't bad. The questions were standard questions. The first interviewer who is a second year analyst was very disorganized. She was doing something in her kitchen and didn't stand at one place. She moved from one place to another and that was very distracting.

Data Engineer Interview

Interview

The first round is online assessment, it is consisted with three questions. The first one is an easy programming and rest two are time series modeling, solved with moving average.
    The second round is a technical interview, including discuss some of your projects and skills

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Overall a very long process (took 4 full months), but everyone I met at McKinsey was extremely helpful and supportive. You definitely need to practice a lot of live cases as well as mental math drills and also come prepared to talk about your personal stories. That said, I always felt like the interviewers were really rooting for me to succeed, even in the final round.

The format was very standard. Assessment call to go over a case, three first round interviews with associates and engagement managers followed by three final round interviews with partners and associate partners.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince a group to do something despite initial resistance.   Answer Question

ASC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Phone screen, training, coaching, phone case, 1st round, 2nd round.
    If you like this interview process you'll love the job, if not, you may not like the work. Studying and having a diverse knowledge pool of approaches is critical and a large time investment. The most pleasant but also most difficult interview experience. They really encourage you the entire way

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.