McKinsey & Company Interview Questions

Updated 3 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.7
HardAverageEasy
Found 3028 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (United States)

Interview

Process was very rigorous by design and extremely thorough. Offered case training as well as 1:1 non-evaluative preparation. Interviewers were helpful and very candid. 6 total interviews. 5 case + personal experience and 1 general knowledge.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you disagreed with a teammate and what was the result?
    1 Answer
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (United States)

Interview

I had a first round interview. 3 interviews, 1 hour each. All had a case and PEI portion. Cases are always really interesting and fun to work through. Requires a ton of prep and practice though. PEI prep is really important too!

Interview Questions
  • PEI: Tell me about a time you had to do something in a limited amount of time that you were new to
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (United States)

Interview

Very mechanical process - felt like going through the motions and very little interest in knowing me as a person. Typical experience for large firms trying to be consistent. Would have expected more interest in me as a person given client facing nature of the role.

Interview Questions
  • How do you typically work with teams that are not performing well - what techniques have you used - what were the results?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (United States)

Interview

Multi-round interview process: initial screening with a current PM, three rounds of consulting cases, interviews with two technology executives. The cases are more like standard strategy consulting but with some tech/PM elements mixed in. Overall, the process was relaxed and enjoyable. I really had the sense they want you to succeed.

Interview Questions
McKinsey & Company
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portugal
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Portugal)

Interview

A primeira parte consiste num "jogo online" que permitirá o acesso a 2 rondas de entrevistas com 4 colaboradores da empresa. As entrevistas baseiam-se numa dimensão de experiência pessoal e, posteriormente, num estudo de caso.

Interview Questions
McKinsey & Company
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (United States)

Interview

Typical PEI + Case interview. Case interview was not a traditional profitability/market entry/M&A study so I was a little shocked. Learned I need to be flexible to use all/any frameworks. Need to use more of binary frameworks not just the typical 3C, etc

Interview Questions
McKinsey & Company
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sri Lanka
Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Sri Lanka)

Interview

The interview process consisted of an online game/test, after which you would progress to the round 1 interviews. I had 2 first round interviews back to back, on Zoom. The next round was partner interviews, and there were 3 of them scheduled

Interview Questions
McKinsey & Company
Anonymous Employee in India
Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (India)

Interview

The interview process is one of the most interesting out of all the ones I have attended till now. It started with a simulation game, and then case based questions followed by rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions
McKinsey & Company
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morocco
Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Morocco)

Interview

J'ai deposé ma candidature sur le site, apres j ai reçu un mail de la part de RH pour me convoquer a passer un test de connaissance online. Apres j ai reçu un mail de RH pour effectuer un entretien telephonique d'environ 30min

Interview Questions
McKinsey & Company
Anonymous Employee in Lisbon
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Lisbon)

Interview

1. Screening of CV and profile 2. Problem-Solving Game (Imbellus) 3. First Round of 2 interviews with Managers (~1 hour per interview) 4. Second Round of 2 interviews with Partners (~1 hour per interview) 5. Offer

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,028 Interviews