McKinsey & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

2,530 Interview Reviews

3.7

Analytics Interview

Interview

Whole process took about a month and went really smooth. First completed an online assessment with R and python questions. The second round interview was one case and one technical. Final round was one case, one technical and one data science case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with your supervisor.   Answer Question

Agile Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Remote, OR (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Recruiter got in touch with me to interview. Had a first round of HR interview. Then was passed on to do a technical interview. Got the impression that the interviewer was insecure and kept saying that he was the first ever Agile Coach hired by McKinsey. Did not get a great impression of the interviewer, he kept asking questions without waiting for answer. When the HR called back to give feedback she said I possessed all the technical skills and answered all the questions well but was not a good fit because I spoke about only 1 agile framework, which was UNTRUE. Avoid like plague. Looks like they dont want to hire worthy candidates that are a threat to the interviewer.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

1st round consisted of two interviews, each with a case and personal experience component. Interviewers were friendly and the process is highly standardized so all candidates have a similar experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you influenced a team or a person.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Had an interview on campus followed by an on-site interview. Usually they'll ask you behaviourals before diving into the case study. You do this once with one interviewer, have a 5 min break, and do this again with another interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a challenge.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

first round is virtual with two associate/engagement manager, second round is fact to fact with partner or associate partner, both are behavioral and case combined, each round takes about two hours

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Met with 2 different consultants. Each had a PEI question and a case, fairly straightforward process. PEI lasted for about 10 minutes and the case was the remaining 30 minutes for both.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone using data.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Applied online at the end of December 2018.
    First round: Online test
    Second round: Spoke with the recruiter
    The third round: Spoke with the data scientist
    Fourth round: Spoke with Senior data scientist.

Never heard back after it.

Interview Questions

• How would you test if e-commerce is more profitable then the traditional one?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I was passed on to a final round interview with three partners based on my prior experience with the firm. Each interview had a short intro, a personal experience interview session and then a case. Everything was super relaxed and almost informal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you influenced a colleague or boss   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Tampa, FL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Extensive interview process. I was reached out to by a recruiter to apply for the position. I applied and received a response that they would reach out if I qualify. I was asked to take an online assessment about 5 days after. The assessment took around an hour and I found to be a very useful tool in deciphering a good candidate for an EA role or not. I then had a call with a recruiter where they asked "tell me about a time when" questions (about 4 questions). I was then asked not to disclose my current salary and that they are only offering $39,900 for the role with no negotiation. You would be paid $42,200 if you took a later shift like 10-7 or 12-8p shift. At the end of the call I was scheduled to come on site for a group assessment. I also found the assessment helpful in determining candidates. It took place from 9am-12pm. The assessment included individual email prioritization and a group assessment on how you would handle a meeting with multiple issues going on. After that I was reached out to come back for a final individual face to face interview. This consisted of two 30 minute interviews. I have extensive EA experience and found the process to be thorough, but a little much for the position, especially at $39k. I wanted to get my foot in the door with this company and let it be known in my interview that I would like to pursue further career options after the mandatory can't apply for other jobs until after 1 year rule. I don't think they liked that. I think they wanted to have an EA stay an EA. About a week later I was sent an email that I didn't get the job.

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in February 2020.

Interview

Coding around was using quanthub , I would suggest you choosing your level for the coding test wisely. There will be questions on R , Python and Statistics . Be very quick and keep answering all the questions

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.