McKinsey & Company Interview Questions

Updated 27 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3,314 of over 3.3K interviews

3.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at McKinsey & Company

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

As an experienced hire, McKinsey kindly arranged for a ten interviews with associates, partners and a couple of senior partners/ directors. I didn’t know at the time but they arranged my schedule because they had a partners meeting on the same day and tried to accomodate my desire to join because I had job offers from other companies but wanted a chance to join the firm. All interviews were different but most conducted case method and problem solving interviews. Really enjoyed meeting all the talented members and was a bit worn out at the end. Very impressive individuals with very diverse experiences. Thought I did alright but wasn’t sure whether they would extend an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Q. I have a client who is a major leading global airline. They established a rewards program that initially worked well for loyalty but competitive airline programs eroded the value and effectiveness. What would advise my client to examine and consider doing.
    Answer Question
53 people found this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Once you receive an interview invite, the process is very straightforward and a lot of support is provided. You are offered an interview buddy, case interview workshops, and plenty of resources. The interview structure is 2 interviews for Round One and 3 interviews for Final Round. All interviews are half behavioural and half case.

Interview Questions
  • Behaviorals is about Entrepreneurial Drive, Personal Impact, or Inclusive Leadership. Case will differ.

McKinsey & Company

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Case interviews consisting of five cases over one day, with engagement managers and partners. Assessed for ability to structure a case and show business acumen. Personal experience interviews covering one or two experiences in particular, questions on leadership and influencing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Two rounds of case interviews, with each round consisting of two one-hour interviews. Friendly and professional interviewers. Fairly difficult cases. Very fast response after the interviews: after the final interview, a partner called and offered the job.

Interview Questions
  • What is the cause for the declining profitability of client company xyz

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Got a first phone screening. Then invited to complete Imbellus test and to a 30 minute phone interview with team head. After that started the first stage of 3 1-hour interviews with the team head, consultant and a manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

The first round was easygoing, but the second round was very hard. I felt extremely intimidated by the interviewer. I was told that the interview was going to be held in July, but was actually interviewed on May (with less than a weeks notice), so I did not have much time to prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA)

Interview

Multiple case interviews for consulting business cases as well as questions on background and prior experience. Went through two round of interviews and spoke to six people. All friendly and responsive to questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Really it is 4 rounds - they set you up to do a practice case with "interview buddies" that are really extra interviews. Lots of cases, last round was 3 cases plus behavioral.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Fair process. Recruiters are transparent on the two part interview: 1) Behavior 2) Single case. Company website provides practice cases and consulting prep books are helpful. Usually 2 rounds. 1 preliminary round with 2 interviews; 1 final round onsite with ~3 interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about experience where you were leader and faced challenge or difficulty

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

The overall interview process was fantastic. The recruiters in each and every round were very friendly. Received periodic emails from HR about forthcoming rounds. Various skills were tested like coding, technical and case interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,314 Interviews