McKinsey & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

2,609 Interview Reviews

3.7

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It took 6 MONTHS!

It was actually the most disorganized process I've ever been through.

The process started in July and ended in Jan. I met with 9 people through 7 interviews. Several interviewers were late and didnt seem to be prepared.

2 people asked to shorten the interview time, and then told the recruiter that I shortened the meetings

My expectations for this company were quite high, but this experience has changed that quite a bit.

I have to think this is a blessing. If the hiring process is this ridiculous , I can only imagine what the day to day is like.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've had a team that was resistant to doing agile.

(I dont even remember, it's been a month since the last interview)   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Four interviews the same day for the Mexico City Office. They first ask you fit questions and then you go into a case. A few candidates and I received feedback on our fit questions, they seem to be very important

Interview Questions

• Check the webpage of McK, they outline 4 things they are looking for. Each interview focuses their questions in one of them.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in January 2020.

Interview

I was reached out by HR to schedule an interview (case study). The case was not as difficult as expected and lasted about 60 minutes. A minor calculation mistake was the reason I did not proceed to the next round, so be careful.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Denver, CO (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

About 3 week total interview process.
    Started out with a screen call over zoom where their recruiter went over the interview process and tried to vaguely explain all of the company's recent bad press.
    Next was a timed take home challenge that dealt with mostly algorithms. You had about 6 prompts and were tasked with passing about 8-10 tests each.
    Next was a live code challenge over zoom - pretty straight forward javascript
    The last step was in person. About 4 hours, 3 different interviewers, starting with a classic behavioral, then went on to a "technical" white board challenge about revenue costs and how to improve a website based on some set of known facts about it. Lastly you had to give a 7-10 minute presentation on a project you've done, covering the technologies used/challenges/win and so on.

The overall experience was good practice for future opportunities, but incredibly unprofessional and scattered. I assumed that such an established company would handle the simple business etiquette with more class, but constant rescheduling of interview times/dates (letting the interviewee know just hours before), the in person portion was riddled with issues with little to no professionalism. I expected more from such a highly prestigious company.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had conflict within a project and how you exemplified leadership to overcome the issue.   Answer Question

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Resume drop, first round on-campus interview (two 45 min back to back interviews), final round interviews at specific office - three 1 hr back to back interviews with partners/senior partners

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge when working in a group   1 Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

I was given the HackerRank coding challenge, It had 4 questions. 2 easy and 2 medium-hard. If you prepare wisely both data structures and SQL, then you can easily crack them.

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Classic McKinsey structure: Personal Experience Interview, followed by Case Interview. Just look thru the questions people post on GlassDoor, there's nothing that new. Also go through McKinsey cases on their website to brush up on how their case structure works.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you worked in a group to overcome a challenge?   2 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Online assessment including 36 multiple choice questions: 12 on R, 12 on python and 12 on stats. Heard from alumni that questions will get harder if you do well on the previous ones.

Interview Questions

• Which statistical methods require that the residuals be normally distributed but not the raw data for n=20?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Internn Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

I applied through college recruiting, about two weeks later, I received phone interview. pretty general questions, mostly behavioral. No tech question for this round. The HR is really nice, she shared a lot of her own experience in this company with me.

Interview Questions

• Describe past internship experiences? How related to this intern   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online first. Casing interview, video first, and then fly to company for super day. Typical consulting interview process. For best practice, just go over cases and practice with other people. Got offer. Chose another company instead.