McKinsey & Company Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McKinsey & Company Senior Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

4.2

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Preliminary Phone screen with case interview and coaching through case process.

First Round, Two Case Interviews and Behavioral Interviews with Associate Partners.

Final Round, Three Case Interviews and Behavioral Interviews with Partners.

Interview Questions

• Q: How to improve the profits of an African utility company experiencing several down years in a row   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, with multiple interviews in each round. Each interview consisted of PEI (fit) and a case. The interviews were conducted at McKinsey offices. The recruiter was very helpful and provided a lot of resources

Interview Questions

• Each interview consisted of PEI (fit) and a case   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (North Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Very professional process, McKinsey is very supportive of the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you had to convince someone to accept your opinion   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2007.

Interview

These guys are professionals. They were 100% on top of things throughout the whole process - nothing ever slipped through the cracks. As for the interviews themselves, they were difficult b/c McKinsey gives a case interview and a fit/experience interview in which they are looking for certain evidence that you'll fit in the firm. The cases were too bad, but they definitely had a lot of numbers - dexterity with math is a must. And they push on the fit/experience part just as hard for evidence of accomplishment and leadership.

Interview Questions

• It was a question about offer rates and close rates for a sales force in dealing with customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

No - there is really no negotiating b/c their compensation is set at offer time and then varies to peers only after performance is assessed.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2007.

Interview

Flew to Chicago to have the interview the following day. The interview was scheduled for 7 am and I was 5 hours jet lagged. Still was made to wait for 3+ in the building lobby until it was my turn.

The interview itself consisted the typical McKinsey case studies with two guys. The first guy was more senior and laid back, while the other was very arrogant and seemed to get done asap.

Overall the experience was very negative, humiliating actually.

Interview Questions

• Estimate size of vehicles fleet in a large city   4 Answers

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in July 2019.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, each with 3 consultants. First 15 mins personal fit followed by 30 mins case. Very structured and formal interview. You receive feedback the same or the following day.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

2x 60 mins case interviews + personal interviews (1:1 interviews with engagement managers).
    20 mins on personal interviews where you talk about one experience and then 25 mins on a case, structure the problem, then do a quantitative question and then a few minutes for question time.
    The interviewers were really nice, made decision quickly and gave feedback straightaway.

Interview Questions

• Leadership experience, describe a time when you had a conflict with someone   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to persuade someone   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Warsaw (Poland)) in April 2016.

Interview

1) A standardized test taken at the company's office; for locations in non-English speaking countries the time available for completing the test is extended.
    2) Experience interview, based mostly on information included in my application documents. Upon this stage the recruiters and I realized that the kind of work McKinsey could expect of me would not likely match my lifestyle choices. Consequently I did not take part in the following stage.
    3) Case interview

Interview Questions

• In (2) discussed my accomplishments and challenges faced in the past.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in October 2014.

Interview

Entered the interview process with BTO via one of their workshop events. Very nice evening dinner and get to know before the interview day. Two one hour interview in the morning: introduction, 20min personal experience, 20min business case. No surprises here. Advanced to the afternoon with overall positive feedback. Two more interview of the same structure, a bit tougher style of asking. In principle I had a good feeling, but was not good enough unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• How would working at McKinsey affect your marriage?   2 Answers

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)) in June 2014.

Interview

I got a phone screening. Then, and I got an invite to take a written test at the company offices. The third step was an interview by one of the managers. The interview starts in a pretty relax way, validating your background and checking your interest in Mckinsey. Then, when the cases come, it gets tricky. Two o three cases, in which you're expected to think out loud and communicate your thinking process effectively. Finally, the typical Q&A allotment.

Interview Questions

• You are among the engagement team in a client that sells beauty products, specifically hair dyeing kits in China. There are several other brands in the market (exhibits and market data is provided). How should go on consulting this client on launching a new product line to better compete?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.