McKinsey & Company Summer Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McKinsey & Company Summer Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

4.0

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Resume drop, first round on-campus interview (two 45 min back to back interviews), final round interviews at specific office - three 1 hr back to back interviews with partners/senior partners

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge when working in a group   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

On-campus recruiting with case and personal story. Each of these lasted 30 minutes, and there were two sets. Final round interview at their office with similar structure. However, the final round consisted of three sets.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you resolved a conflict with peers   1 Answer

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

two rounds of interviews. was notified about two weeks in advance of the first interview. assigned a case buddy. the interview was about personal impact questions and case interview. personal impact questions are different from the traditional behavioral interview questions in a way that the interviewers dive deep into your story and ask you details about the story.

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in September 2019.

Interview

Interview Process was great, they gave multiple opportunities before the first round to meet and learn from full-time staff what the interview was going to be like and about their experience at the firm. Be prepared for their PEI as it is quite in-depth, and cases can be particularly tricky.

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Recruited through my university. Two 1-hour interviews on-campus (each with behavioral and case) and then four 1-hour interviews for final round, which was completed at the office you applied to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you faced a challenge within a team.   Answer Question

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Submitted the written application through my school. I had an interview heard back a few weeks later and had my first round interview a couple of weeks after that. The first round interview was two 30 minute interviews of fit and case questions.

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

While casing was stressful, the process was incredibly organized and predictable. The recruiters were great at answering any questions that came up and the folks giving the interviews were always tough, but helpful in guiding you towards the right answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when... (have lots of stories ready)   Answer Question

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The interview process was exciting and challenging. There was a behavioral interview and a case interview. The behavioral questions involved leadership opportunities explored and impact made. The case questions were really interesting cases and actually things that McKinsey had worked on before which was very exciting.

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Interview

Behavioral interview + case interview. Online application through campus and website. Two thirty minute interviews. 10 mins of behavioral followed by a case. Found out a day or two after the interview

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview + case interview   1 Answer

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

The interviews I met with were very nice. They made it a very comfortable and casual environment. Make sure you prepare for the PEI questions. I think it is very common to focus on the case interview and wing the PEI, but that is equally as important and you need to have a solid story for these questions. Also, brush up on your mental math skills because in an interview it is easy to forget those basic skills if you have't used them in a while.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead a team through a conflict.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.