Mentor Graphics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Mentor Graphics

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Noida) in June 2018.

Interview

Basic questions on python were asked.
    As it was required to develop a script on python for IT team.
    Be prepared with basics of OOPS .
    Best of Luck for the process.

Interview Questions

• Difference btw list and tuples.
      shallow copy and deep copy   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics in August 2019.

Interview

1)email questions
    2)30 min interview
    3)3 hr interview

Really enjoyed the interview, was a great learning experience. Interviewer was very knowledgable and patient. Was very helpful with the whole process. Gave you material to study for the technical interview which was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• 1)Email questions
      2)30 min interview : phone
      3)3 hr interview questions, online :text editor and voice   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview that lasted about half an hour where they went into detail on the company and asked a couple basic questions about my experiences. There was a second phone interview where they went into even greater detail about the specific position and asked specific questions about my resume. This was followed by several technical questions. The second interview lasted for an hour.

Interview Questions

• How do you make an XOR gate into an inverter?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between a latch and a flip-flop?   1 Answer
    • How do you find the fifty smallest elements in an unsorted array?   1 Answer

D2S Calibre Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Portland, OR (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

This was a two round process. In the first round, I was interviewed by the manager and it was consisting of some basic questions regarding the coursework experience that I had using the mentor Calibre tool. In-depth conceptual questions regarding DRC & LBS were asked. After this round was done, there was a second-round to the interview where another team member asked me questions regarding my background and thhhe different projects that were on my resume.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions regarding the techniques and the methodology that I had used In my coursework experience with the Calibre tool.   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview

good. precise. no one wastes your time. travel logistics was handled well as well as reimbursement. all support staff was great in making the process easy. though i didn't get the job it was one of the better interviews i've been through.

Interview Questions

• nothing really stood out that was out of the ordinary. fairly standard but the people I met with were great at conversational interviewing.   Answer Question

Corporate Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

They mailed and scheduled an interview with me. The whole process of the interview was really good. Most of the questions were related to my project. Although I was not selected .The whole experience was really professional .

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my projects and asked tricky questions about it   2 Answers

Corporate Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR (US)).

Interview

There is a technical phone screening about projects listed on your resume. Once I passed that, they flew me to Oregon for on site interview. I gave a presentation on my senior design project and a presentation on tool comparison. Then I met with the team and had lunch. Once you get through the technical portion the interview is really fun. Great team.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (New York, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The process was easy and fast, the manager called me and asked a few questions, then invited me to the frontal interview, the people looked nice and helpfull I got the answer directly when finished

Interview Questions

• Describe an app that you use.what features you would add/deduct and why   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Longmont, CO (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Phone Interview, On-site Interview basic process small office scale here down in Colorado their office in Colorado is just an internal support team to the rest offices of Mentor Graphics

Interview Questions

• Hand you a schematic of PCB and ask you what's the problem you noticed   Answer Question

Associate Rotation Engineer-AMS Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

I have had the opportunity to interview with a number of companies and allow me to mention that the Interview process at Mentor is smooth and professional.

I got a phone call from an HR manager in response to my online application. We asked a few behavioral questions to determine my fit for the position. At the end of the conversation say said she'll forward my resume to the hiring manager and that I'll hear back after a short while.
    That same day I got an email from the said manager and scheduled a phone interview for a week after.
    The interview was about my resume and nothing absolutely tough. I asked some questions about the position and he answered them all. He said he'll reach out to HR to schedule an on-site interview where I'll be drilled for hours by the team on my technical fir for the team. Within minutes after the interview, I got an email to schedule an onsite for the very next week. I was flown out for the onsite. I guess I wasn't a fit for that team and the HR manager made arrangements for me to interview with another team.
    Similar arrangements were made.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions varied according to the interviewer. I was tested on verilog, transistor operation, device physics, verification/simulation, cadence virtuoso, projects on my resume and a few behavioral questions. It was intense and I almost had to stand throughout the interview because I had to use the whiteboard to explain.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview

It was okay not that bad more of java concepts and basic of projects. java oops technologies it was over all nice experience. It was okay not that bad more of java concepts and basic of projects. java oops technologies it was over all nice experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.