Mentor Graphics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 14 May 2019

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Cairo (Egypt)).

Interview

Technical interview one hour on site with group of software developers and one manager
    followed by a panel interview with the HR, consisting of just behavioral questions, the reply came after 2-3 week , if you are applying in multiple positions you need to tell them

Corporate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Phone screen then onsite. They asked some basic questions at phone screen, asked a few on my resumes. I got onsite notice after one week. They paid the flight and two nights hotel. Two presentations for the onsite interview, the team asked technical questions and the manager asked behavior questions, they threw mixed questions. The one to one meeting with other managers, then lunch with the whole team.

Interview Questions

Interview

Basic 2 phone interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview

First interview with HR about English proficiency then with several senior engineer and manager. Tests might be given for coding proficiency. Previous employer or relative experience helps a lot. And of course referral will help a lot.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The person taking the interview was really helpful. He tried to make me feel as comfortable as possible and drop in hints whenever possible. Spoke a lot about the company and the team

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Online test followed by an onsite interview. The onsite lasts about 90 mins with a group of engineers. On the onsite, expect to code on a white board. I'm absolutely disappointed with the recruiting process. After my onsite, I had to reach out to the recruiter weekly to get some updates. At this point, I don't even know if I'm still being considered (every-time I email the recruiter, I find out that I'm still being considered).

When a candidate makes it onsite, I expect a rejection or an offer. How would you like it if you gave me an offer and I disappeared? Sounds unprofessional to me. Respect your candidates time. After this experience, I don't want to apply or work for them.

Interview Questions

• Basic programming/design questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

after i applied online, hr called me and set up a telephone coding interview. on the interview they briefly asked me some general questions, and moved on to the collaborative part of the interview. there were three coding tasks, all of them were regarding linked list in c++.

Interview Questions

• modify the piece of code in c++, so that the function add would add an item to the front of the linked list.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Fremont, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview was about 6 hours long. It started with a presentation where I talked about my Ph.D thesis. Afterwards, I interviewed with all members of the the group (30 mins ~ 1 hour) where I was asked questions about math, physics, lithography techniques and programming.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Huntsville, AL (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview was unorganized and my interviewers didn't seem ready to give an interview. After an introduction, a random employee was asked to interview me with no preparation. He asked questions and got the terminology wrong, then wondered how I didn't know the answer. I was also asked what my dream company to work for is, as if it would be this one rather than a Silicon Valley company.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of abstract data types?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Portland, OR (US)) in March 2008.

Interview

This actually is an intern phone interview. It went through pretty well as companies are eager to get whatever they can get at that time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics in May 2015.

Interview

Coding questions. Interview was really simple. Lasted for hardly 10 min. They didn't ask any questions from resume. They gave me few days to prepare. The job description was web development but no questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.