Merck Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Merck Interview Questions

Interviews at Merck

2.9

MS&T Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Went to career fair and applied online for role. Got on campus interview, interviewed and received unofficial offer in 2-3 days. Received official offer 2-3 weeks later, and was given a few weeks to decide. This was in early october.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a video interview. The process was good. The interviewer was very approachable. There were two people. They interviewed me at the same time on skype. The interview was good. It was on an average scale.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you do not want to do in the internship?   Answer Question

Senior Scientist I Interview

Interview

It was a 9:00 am to 3:00 pm interview including several individual discussion with the HM and directors, a 30 minute interview with HR which was followed by a 60 minute presentation session and a panel interview at the end.

Associate Director Interview

Interview

An internal Merck recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. I was interested in the position so we had a first interview. She was impressed with me but they decided to go for an internal candidate instead. I was going to transition from nonprofit into pharma and didn't know much about how the salaries would translate, and she was very helpful and gave me some "insider" info to help me not undersell myself.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Merck?
      Tell me about your workstyle.   Answer Question

Document Reviewer Interview

Interview

There was a phone interview with one person and then a panel zoom interview with three people from different levels. In both that asked about experience and some situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What is something that is not on your resume that you want us to know   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Interview

Long process with multiple interviews with different areas. It can be a bit stressful as you’re just sitting in one room while groups of people file in and ask you questions. No more than 4 people at a time though.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a spill on the floor of a chemical?   Answer Question

Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Cleveland, OH (US)).

Interview

One person on hiring team insinuated that I was unqualified after 5 interviews completed. Figure out what you really want out of candidate ‘expertise and experience’ instead of suggesting a candidate is lacking in final stages of interviews. A waste of time with this company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your role? Would you relocate?   1 Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Wales, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merck (North Wales, PA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

I got a call from recruiter that they liked my resume and was able to clear multiple rounds with HM and technical team.
    Finally HR talent acquisition reached out with References request and later called to discuss salary and benefits.

I didnt have good experience with HR talent acquisition team member who worked with me during this process. After coming to final stage, she wanted me to commit to offer, prior sending offer letter to me. When asked about benefits, those were discussed on approx basis. Offer was verbally told, but without seeing anything in writing it is not a good practice.
     I was very disappointed by this and hence declined the offer in email.

Interview Questions

• About my experience, technical questions, behavioral questions etc.   Answer Question

HR talent acquistion team were talking things verbally and wanted me to commit instead of sending an offer letter when asked.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

I am working in my role for 14 years and all in best companies in the word. All steps of the interviews were professional except last step:
    1. received an email then a call from Merck Recruiter
    2. Technical interview with three member
    so far everything looks good and professional.
    3. last step was a shock, received the call from one of Merck Talent Acquisition Advisor (he is working in Merck for 10 months based on his LinkedIn profile) and he was talking exactly like car dealer. he started with my experience that these 14 years are not really that great and you are not really worth that much. we are the best in the world. I am ready to send you the offer but not in this range. so I decided to say thanks I am fine with my position.

I was so shocked but in the same time laughing to this guy that how someone can be clueless

Interview Questions

• Describe the time that you had difficulties to convince all member to approve a project.   1 Answer

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merck in August 2020.

Interview

Was referred by a connection.

30 min phone screening. Seemed like it went well.

Followed up twice over the span of 2-weeks and did not hear back. Received a rejection email and still no response from the recruiter or anyone on the team. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Went down the job descriptions and asked me about how my experience relates to each bullet point.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.