Merck Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Merck Interview Questions

Interviews at Merck

2.9

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenilworth, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

They put me in a conference room and 5 interviewers took turns coming in the room. Questioning was not intensive but they all asked the same thing. It didn't come across that they were trying to see if I would say the same thing, rather they were just winging it and asking the usual questions. But they made me feel very comfortable and no games.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merck in February 2018.

Interview

I spoke with several interviewers. Although we did speak about my experience in reviewing regulatory documents the questions were not in any depth. They seemed to be more interested in my personality and perhaps my 'fit' for the position within their group.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the regulatory documents you have had charge of in the past.   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merck (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was by far one of the best interviews I've ever been through. All the managers at Merck are very professional, smart, driven, and comforting. Coming from someone who doesn't have any pharma experience, it was nice to have them ask questions about my background rather than questioning my inexperience. Remember to keep positive and motivated!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Interviewed by the potential district manager. They wanted to see how you would react on the spot, for example: "how would you sell me this pen?". They were looking for strong soft skills, and the ability to interact with many different personalities. A positive attitude plus a very competitive edge combined with the potential to lead among district members (usually 12) was a winner.

Pharmaceuticals Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merck (Miami, FL (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a behaviour-based interview, the hiring manager was very nice, be prepare to give a lot of examples, during the interview they paid attention to your body language, so you have to stay positive and it will be much easier to project your confidence. After the first interview ended i had the next one the same day, it was someone on the phone, it was much more difficult than the face to face one, so i had to give additional examples.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to make a quick and unexpected decision   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Now using InVentiv and Publicis for all external hiring. STAR format used for all interviews.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you have tried and failed?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation. It used to be based entirely on your current salary, now I think it is a standard amount... regardless of whether you are making more than that- take it or leave it because they have so many people looking for a job. Internal sales reps that move to different sales divisions are now considered lateral moves with no raise in pay.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merck in June 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 DMS individually, then an interview with the Regional a ride along and then came the offer.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Bronx, NY (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

The key to responding to an off-the-wall question is not to let it rattle you. Don't adopt a deer-in-the-headlights look if you get hit with one of these funky queries. Simply smile, take a deep breathe, and take a moment to compose your response. A little bit of silence is better than blurting out something even sillier than the question. You don't have to brilliant. You don't have to be witty. Just be yourself and give an honest response. If worse comes to worst, and you absolutely cannot think of an answer, ask if you can come back to that question later. You may lose a few thinking-on-your-feet points, but you'll gain points for handling a difficult situation with poise.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest fault?   1 Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck (New York, NY (US)) in July 2009.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interview - most difficult was onsite with Four managers and meeting with them individually. All personality questions. As soon as I was done speaking with one, I would go back to the waiting room with a number of other candidates. It's important to know that the managers talk among themselves as they interview candidates - by the time I got to the last manager she told me she had already received a lot of good feedback from the other three and that she wanted to get to know me better during a third round interview by herself. The questions where all behavioral questions. PS Note this was not in 2009 but 2006.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation process unfortunately - I was just happy to get a job out of college.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

There was a phone screen with was brief and a interview with three people in a group interview
    Questions were relatively basic and no tricks. Very professional environment
    Was offered the job about a week later. I have heard other drug companies can drag their feet and require much more.
    The sales mangers at Merck actually conducted the interviews and they had a lot of freedom to make decisions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.