Meta Production Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 150 of over 9,601.0 interviews

Employee Referral9%
3.4
HardAverageEasy

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter without applying, which led to a very brief quiz on Linux systems and then two interviews. All of my interactions felt scripted, and I don't think I received a single authentic email from anyone throughout the entire process. The systems interviewer was rude and hard to understand. He was a PE, and my interaction with him was so poor that I knew I was not interested in this position within minutes of meeting with him. I asked two questions at the end of the interview related to the position. His responses were completely focused on telling me why my questions didn't matter, which is just one example of how unpleasant the interaction was. Not someone I would want to work with at all. The coding interviewer was much more pleasant and answered all my questions. Unfortunately he was a SWE, and I was left so disappointed by my interaction with the PE that I had no desire to continue the interview process. I think any good interviewer should keep in mind the interview is for the candidate as much as it is for the hiring team. I didn't apply to this job, so I was still figuring out if I was even interested. Unfortunately this went exactly as I expected, which is one of the reasons I never applied to begin with. It was good practice for positions I do want though.

Interview Questions
  • Explain the vmstat command Split an array so both sides sum to the same value Dinosaur question. Exactly as it appears in several places online. I was kinda shocked, I figured they would have more unique questions. I think I seen posts on these questions from Facebook going back to 2019.
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Meta in Apr 2022

Interview

I had an 18-minute Linux exercise that consists of 20 multiple-choice questions. I got the rejection within 10 hours of completing the exercise. It has two 45 min of technical interviews after that and also had one final round.

Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Meta

Join the conversation on

Referral and Opportunities

2m

works at

Capgemini

Guys , Which company is good to join ? Facebook Google Microsoft Apple Amazon Your help & inputs will guide me in targeting a company and doing preparation then get interviewed and join the esteemed organization. I will give you all well wishes.

3 Comments