MetricStream Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

MetricStream Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at MetricStream

1.5

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetricStream in April 2015.

Interview

Initially called for the position of Customer Marketing Manager. Had a wonderful conversation with the VP Customer Marketing based in US. She described me as the ideal fit for the role and we discussed about key projects and other initiatives. The HR then calls me that interview went very well and i will have one more discussion with VP Product Marketing based in India.

Then they go AWOL for 3 weeks, after that i send an email inquiring on when is the next discussion scheduled. The HR sends a canned feedback email saying that though my qualifications and experience are commendable, they have received better applications.

Now i get another call after 2 months, that the VP Product Marketing would like to meet me for the position of Product Marketing Manager. He has a telephonic discussion and asks me to come meet him at Metricstream office. We have a 45 minutes discussion and he seems happy and says that there will be 1 more round with someone in US.

Now the whole story repeats gain, with no response from HR for 2-3 weeks and a sorry email when i send an email asking on the next steps.

Now i fail to understand what kind of screening process do these guys have ? If they are not serious about their own process at least respect that the candidate is spending so much time and effort for the interview and be honest about your feedback.

No doubt that Metricstream despite being one of the few product start-ups is rated so badly on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Generic question on what i had done in my earlier roles   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MetricStream

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetricStream (Bengaluru).

Interview

Applied for the post through the company's linkedin advertisement. Followed up over phone after 2 weeks, to be informed that my linkedin application was never "opened" to be considered ! The HR personnel was courteous enough and asked me to send my resume to her official email.

My relevant employment background and experience excited them to call me a day later for an initial screening. After 3 weeks and frequent follow ups, my first level interview was scheduled with another product marketing manager. Though I conveyed my apprehension over being interviewed by a manager (2yrs junior to my exp), I accepted the interview schedule.

The cool "dude" dint confirm/call me as per the schedule. Upon rescheduling , the interview lasted 30 mins - which clearly conveyed the shortcomings of the interviewer ! Some of the basic questions from my end - 1) What is the typical marketing budget for the role ? 2) Who are the stake holders to share the P&L for the product ..etc went unanswered.

Over the call, the Interviewer mentioned about getting his Vice president to call me the week later, as he found my experience - a T fit !

But, I never received an update nor I cared to call the HR for an update; I made up my mind of NOT taking up the job.

Interview Questions

• Easy entry-level questions on marketing strategy & processes   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.