Micro Focus Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Micro Focus Interview Questions

Interviews at Micro Focus

Test Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Micro Focus.

Interview

The interview process was for 4 weeks. Had two rounds. One is technical and the other with the team(kind of technical). The process was very smooth and was responsive. I accepted the offer. The duration was 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Database and Linux basic questions. Some algorithms. Just basic information. Leadership qualities. How to approach to a problem.   Answer Question

Experienced Java Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus in April 2020.

Interview

Position was for Utah , provo. The product(securing documents) was part of old HPE.

Interview with manager and 3 technical interviews. Interview was one bizarre process. Recruiter from reflectionai contacted and set up the interview. No HR from the company was involved, scheduling interview took days and across time zones (london..). (Seems company simply does not care about its hiring process.)

The co-ordinator from reflectionai said every thing went well and they are positive . They confirmed that the salary will be 130k as agreed before the start of interview. He kept stringing me along for few days saying every thing is looking good and progressing well. I mailed twice and the response was same. I thought that it takes time to get offer out as it needs due approval.

Then one day reflectionai responded thru mail that they are not providing me offer but decided to go with another candidate. All along there was no HR to be found. I found their behavior absolutely disgusting and totally revolting. I could not believe this, they took details and then rejected. Seems once they had my details they decide to discriminated against me as I was not a citizen (this information was provided at the beginning itself along with expected salary) . Never expected such horrible discrimination from the company.

one word: Avoid
    Two words: Run away.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micro Focus (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I had answered all the questions in round one and round two. The interviewer was impressed with my new ideas. They took all my ideas but still did not select me. The interviewer was himself not aware of those approach. They brought their problems and asked for solution and I gave the solution for all those. Almost waste my 2 hours of the day. They just was solution to their problem but not to hire any candidate. Worst management. Had to even wait half an hour for panel to get ready. Such a small company. No growth.

Tech Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Provo, UT (US)).

Interview

Interview was with Manager and 2 current employees, question and answer type interview.. felt kinda standard from what I remember. Generally a professional experience I'd say. I had applied online through their website I believe.

Interview Questions

• They asked to walk through troubleshooting internet connectivity issue I think.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micro Focus.

Interview

They reached out to me via email to learn more about my background and technical abilities -- which resulted in almost 30 min+ of writing to cover all of their questions. These questions were all normal introductory questions that I think would have been better suited for a phone call/screening. Anyways - after I sent back my response, I didn't hear back from them. That was about 3 weeks ago, and I have followed up twice.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micro Focus (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Got call from HR and had initial round of discussion and then agreed to schedule telephonic round around 3.00 clock. But got call from same number at scheduled time to say it's going to happen by 5.00, said OK . Got call from interviewer started with brief introduction and work that am doing, I could able to answer most of the questions, there were couple weird questions like , if you call two methods with same logic and only differ in access modifier from main method which one will run first 😢. Interview was behaving like father of computer science and was behaving as if he knows everything in world, no patience to listen to response. Took around 45 minutes to finish interview.

I have a habit that If am confident that I have done good then only to go check for update, so did same here also, but even after following up 3 times no reply. These people are not serious about hiring, better ignore to attend if you get a call from this company. I can attach even email communication here for reference. If candidates are investing time in attending interview, they have every rights to get feedback no matter whatever the results are.

Interview Questions

• kubernetes and docker related questions and some problem solving questions   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Micro Focus (American Fork, UT (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The hiring manager was excellent but the overall experience left me with a very bad taste in my mouth. I didn't feel treated fairly or with respect. While perfectly qualified for the job in every skill area, they turned me down and would not give a reason to the hiring manager. Smacks of age discrimination. I would have taken a lower salary but they never even tried negotiating it.

Interview Questions

• No questions were necessary in my case. I had already supported those very products and was a mentor to my team before becoming a manager and then getting laid off.   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Micro Focus (Provo, UT (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

The interview consisted of three individuals asking questions about my personal life. In addition, I was asked about some thinking problems. None of these were really code-based, but more to see how I would think in a stressful situation regarding a problem. After the three developers questioned me, I had a personal interview with a senior manager and also an interview over the phone with the hiring manager offsite. The overall experience was great. I will say that it took about a month before I had a personal interview and then an extra week after to hear if I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• I can't quite remember, but it was along the lines of solving for 2 variables with only one expression...   1 Answer

Manager Pre-Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Micro Focus.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter and interviewed with hiring manager. After many delays during the process was told we were moving to next step which was a face to face. Reached out multiple times and no had the professional courtesy to respond.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micro Focus (New York, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Worst 30m interview ever at bagmane park 5th floor. Job role was for Java developer but asked in angular js. In job description no where mentioned angularjs as main requirment. First interviewer has to know for what role candidate has come for. Totally worthless.

Interview Questions

• create a custom directive nonsense questions   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.