Microsoft Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Microsoft Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.1

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Get a phone call for the first round interview. It is about 40 mins. After an introduction, he asked me about some question related to how to explain statistics and machine learning models and concepts to someone who has no idea about what is machine learning.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

A recruiter of Microsoft contacted me and set up a general phone call interview with me. I took the interview a few days after their first email and it went well. Surprisingly no one contacted me afterward to inform me about their decisions. I contacted the recruiter after two weeks to follow up and again they did not respond me! It was really odd and unprofessional.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Recruiter screening, followed by technical phone interview. Data science algorithms, coding and some MS product related questions. Finally on-site. Started at 9am, 3 team member interview before lunch, one lunch interview. Had break of 15-20 mins, probably team huddled up to share feedback. Had one more interview after that on ML topics. Finally hiring manager interview.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in January 2019.

Interview

It is the 30 min first round interview from an employee of Microsoft. A few behavioral and technical questions on SQL. The interview went smoothly and the interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What's power? How to explain it to a non-statistics person? what's false positive and false negative?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Initial Phone screen Directly jumped into technical questions and projects on my resume. I have explained, But due to nervousness, I couldn't clear. Please be confident and maintain clarity on whct you are telling.

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

at first phone screen, then there might be an on-site interview which would last for several hours. But i just finished the first round, i'm not sure if i can get into the second round

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Received an email from recruiter after submitting application on their site. The Recruiter did not use a valid email address to initiate contact or set up the phone call. This made it difficult to confirm the time for the call or ask any questions. I eventually Had to contact the general service desk to communicate that I had no way of reaching the recruiter. After receiving contact from the recruiter, I had to configure an awkward conferencing software on my phone. After entering the conference the recruiter indicated that it was mandatory for me to turn on a digital camera for the interview to proceed. Since I was in an awkward position, and not wearing a suit, the camera was not an option. Considering that the recruiter refused to share details about the position without a webcam session I decided to discontinue my application.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2015.

Interview

I received an email requesting that I answer a few basic math and probability questions. It was 25 minutes timed-- pretty straight forward, nothing too difficult. A week and a half later, I had a phone call with a Project Manager in CA. 30 minutes long- 3 questions. The first and second were situational, the third was a basic probability question.

Interview Questions

• There are 6 marbles in a bag - 1 is white. You reach in the bag 100 times. After drawing a marble, it is placed back in the bag. What is the probability of drawing the white marble at least once?   4 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

CS questions + machine learning + linear regression. Not a CS major so only answered linear regression questions. Focused on computational part rather than mathematical part. I would suggest reviewing the basic data structure & algorithms, machine learning algorithms, and stats. It's purely technical. No behavioral questions at all. I think someone with a CS major/minor would be in better position for this job, instead of someone who studies statistics or math.

Interview Questions

• How to compute an inverse matrix faster by playing around with some computational tricks?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The overall conversation with Microsoft was quick and smooth. I got an interview after an online test on basic probability and statistics knowledge. Then I was invited to a technical interview with an analyst.