Microsoft Explorer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Microsoft Explorer Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

2.6

Explore Interview

Interview

A 30 minute phone interview followed by an on site interview in Redmond. The on-site interview was about 3-4 hours. I applied by giving my resume to a campus recruiter during an on campus event.

Interview Questions

• What are your most and least favorite piece of technology and why?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Microsoft flew me out to the Redmond campus for on-site interviews. These consisted of three back-to-back one-hour long interviews. The interviews were either behavioral, design, or technical. The recruiters/interviewers were all really nice and welcoming.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I went to my university's job fair last fall (2015) as a freshman and talked to my recruiter. I had my phone screening in November and was deferred to get an on-campus interview the following year. Flash-forward to October 2016, and I had my on-campus interview. The process was identical to what I've read online (three interviews- I had two technical coding interviews and one PM interview). Interviewing went very smooth, Microsoft paid for all of my food, housing, and transportation. They made sure you were very comfortable so that you could perform well. I got my offer 5 days after interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Given a string, print out all of the unique characters and the number of times it appeared in the string.   1 Answer
    • Given two sorted linked lists, write a function that merges them.   Answer Question

Explore Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied at university career fair and then got an initial phone screen followed by 3 on site interviews. Two of them were technical interviews and one was a behavioral interview in which the interviewer asked me what I liked about Microsoft and how well I work in a team.

Explore Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I got an interview through the MSP Program. I had applied in August but I didn't hear from them until the mandatory MSP screening. It was an hour long phone interview, mostly behavioral. The interviewer was really really nice.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite product? If you could change one thing about it, what would you change?
      What do you do with your computer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a phone interview a month or so back. While other applicants received prior notice of the interview to allow for preperation, I was not. I must have done well enough, though, and I was flown out to Redmond, Washington for onsite interviews. There, interviewees were divided into two groups for morning and afternoon interviews, and each person was given between 2 and 3 interviews (any of which may be coding, project management, there is no set number).

Note: my interview was recent and I am currently waiting on an offer. There is no "waiting on offer" button, so I just clicked a random button for the outcome.

Interview Questions

• PM Interviewer:
      You have a new bookstore, and demand is very high surrounding the holiday season. You are trying to get everything out on time, but the customers are frustrated because they don't know where their books are or when they will arrive. How would you optimize the website/employee team to be able to handle and respond to their concerns? How would you train employees to respond? etc.   1 Answer
    • Coding Interview #1:
      Write a function that takes in a string and returns whether the string follows the "i before e except after c" rule.   1 Answer
    • Coding Interview #2:
      Create a basic minesweeper game that allows for board creation with custom height, width and number of mines. Create a <click> function that will take in a board location and return whether the user has won, lost, or the number of surrounding mines.   1 Answer

Explore Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I contacted a school recruiter. Then I had an hour phone interview. Mostly behavioral and I got a brain teaser. Later that week I was invited to Seattle for an in-person interview. I had 3 back-to-back technical interviews while I was there. The questions were very simple. There was a fizz buzz question and one about sorting. I also got one about how to design a door. Overall, the interview is very doable. You just need to stay on your feet and don't slip up!

Explore Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I sent my resume to a recruiter in November and somehow got past the phone interview. I got an email in December saying they were going to fly me out to Washington for in-person interviews. This was part of the Explore program, so there were about 60 people interviewing. There were three one-hour interviews with different people. One was behavioral, one was technical, and one was design.

Interview Questions

• Choose your favorite software application and design a new feature for it.   Answer Question

Explore Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and then emailed my university recruiter letting him know that I had applied online. He responded to my email saying he would flag it internally. Every other explore intern I talked to had either a phone screen or an on-campus screen. I didn't get screened at all, and just got an email saying they would fly me out for final rounds.

There would be three interviews, which I interpreted as two technical (SDE and SDET), and one PM interview. This is what most other people got. I instead got three technical interviews. My third interviewer was actually the PM, so I expected to get a question like "design a clock for the blind" or something. Instead, he asked me Question #3 (which I found the hardest).

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm that would take a given string, and permute through all the anagrams of said string. So ABC would generate ABC, ACB, BCA, BAC, CAB, CBA. Now do this in constant space.   1 Answer
    • Given the index of an excel spreadsheet column, generate the column label. So you'd have A, B, C, ... Z, AA, AB, etc.   1 Answer
    • You are given a string and a regex-esque pattern. In the pattern, ? maps to exactly one character, and * maps to 0 to infinite characters that can be any character. The following strings would match the pattern ab*dc?: abdca, abdce, abbbbbdcz, abiokdcp   1 Answer

Wasn't willing to choose Explore over a real SWE offer.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I talked to the recruiter on our campus job fair. Got a phone interview within two weeks and then was flown to Seattle for the final round. There were three interviews in the onsite/final round. We stayed at a fancy hotel and Microsoft reimbersed everything. The interviews were very good. All the interviewers were encouraging.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to code in all three of my final interviews. In the second one, I didn't check for illegal inputs and the interviewers walked me through some of his test cases and I realized I didn't take care of all the inputs that doesn't look like the example input.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.