Microsoft Explorer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Microsoft Explorer Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

2.6

Explorer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online through Microsoft Careers and got a phone interview about a month later. Phone interview was not technical and they asked annoying curveball questions. I was invited for an onsite about 3 weeks later. I chose the January date which in retrospect was not smart; I heard that the acceptance rate is much higher for the earlier cohorts. The final round for me was all behavioural which is not normal. I got my rejection 3 weeks later. Overall, it was a good interview experience and the recruiters responded very quickly to any questions I had. The one weird thing is in the final round they said they would make their decisions today (the day of the interview) so I should expect to hear from them in 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you had a conflict with your team and how did you fix it?   1 Answer
  • How would you explain a computer to a 5 year old?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Explore Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Phone interview i had an okay time with it but preparation helped a lot. I’m not sure yet if I have an offer but I hope they’ll reach out soon

Explore Interview

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone screen (PM questions and behavioral questions mostly, nothing technical), after which I was invited to interview on site in Redmond. There were 2 on site interviews in Redmond offices

Explorer Interview

Interview

Smooth interview process. I had a phone screen with PM-related questions. Then, flew out to an on-site for two technical interviews. Overall, a relatively easy and straightforward process. Would recommend!

Interview Questions

• Remove duplicates in an array.   1 Answer

Explorer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

1 screen interview, and then 1 interview at the LA headquarters. Essentially, I had already interned there for high school internships and then just contacted my recruiter. They then screen interviewed me and then had the main one later

Explore Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Horrible experience! I only did the phone screening round but the interviewer was awful. I'm not sure why but she was in a poor mood and was reading off a list of questions sounding super bored. I would say a detailed answer to her questions and she would sit quietly and judge me, following it up with another question which made no sense because I had already explained it my response. It just showed she was not paying attention. Similarly, she kept hanging up accidentally. Overall, poor experience. I was super excited to discuss my passion for CS and she completely ruined my experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a computer to a kid?   1 Answer

Explorer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2019.

Interview

I met the recruiter at en event, they emailed me about a phone interview before I even applied online, then 3 months later they rejected me because they were full.

Explorer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

First round got a phone call and then two weeks later was invited to fly out to have an onsite interview. They were very relaxed because they knew we were all freshman and sophomores. They are really looking for diversity so try to stand out or you won't get it.

Interview Questions

• Given a binary search tree filled with numbers write a program that would return the level with the highest average.   Answer Question

Explorer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was smooth. The interviewer asked me to do three coding questions which I finished on time. We also talked about job descriptions etc. He also asked me what a data structure is.

Explore Interview

Interview

Fairly simple, was only asked behavioral questions which was very surprising. I expected to code but interviewer was satisfied with my responses apparently. Selected for second round but I haven’t done the interview yet.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.