Microsoft Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 28 Mar 2019

3.1

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Skype since returning intern to different team. I did not have to fly in or anything. So, I was lucky because on campus interviews can be brutal. Especially for my position.

Interview Questions

• Design question. Designing a dataflow pipeline...   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through UW career fair. Got an email to let me schedule an interview online after a week. 30 min on campus interview. Went through resume. The interview was not hard.

Interview Questions

• Is there any case I have encountered that the simulation passes and it doesnt work on board?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2018.

Interview

Applied on Company Website. Got an email saying that a recruiter reviewed my resume and I was invited to have a phone interview with Microsoft. The mail said that the interview would be behavioral, technical and would focus on a resume that I had to submit online.

Interview Questions

• Housekeeping Questions - When do you graduate? Location Preference? Company Vertical that I'd be interested in?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between a Linear and Non-Linear System?   Answer Question
    • Microprocessor Design - Difference between a pipelined Processor and Intel Processors.   Answer Question
    • Questions about my internship.   Answer Question
    • Verilog - Difference between Blocking and Non-Blocking statements?   Answer Question
    • What is a cache? How is it different from Virtual Memory?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

30 minute phone screening, then a full day of interviews a few weeks later.

Phone screening was primarily easy tech questions, a single brain teaser, and a few general behavioral questions.

The on site interview consists of 3-5 interviews with members of the team for which you're being considered with a lunch break with one of the members.

Interview Questions

• Given a 32 bit integer, write a C function that flips the bits across the center.   Answer Question
    • Implement your own ftoa() function in C.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied through career fair. School interview, followed by phone interview and then on-site interview done by 5-6 people. Then you'll hear back from them in a week or two. After 3 months doing internship, I got a full-time offer. You can end up in any hardware program without your knowing so if you know what exactly you want to do make sure to convey that during your internship.

Interview Questions

• - What is OpAmp?
      - BJT and MOSFET Large-Signal Questions?
      - How can you improve wending machine
      - Questions on your expereinces listed on your resume   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

I received a 30min phone interview after the career fair. The hr sent me a form about different positions in hardware. The engineer asked me half behavioral and half technical questions. We went through the resume first and then he asked about how to test a chip when you know it had failure in simulation.

Interview Questions

• how to test a chip when you know it had failure in simulation.   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Met 8 (!) people, all working on various aspects of a product. Interviews earlier in the day focused on probing my problem solving. During the middle interviews, I solved some standing issues in the group. During the final interviews, it was very relaxed and inter-personal, and was intuitively obvious I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Derive the transfer function of a non-ideal capacitor, including all the effects you can think of.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

On campus recruiting event for hardware engineer at Microsoft.

Got an email from the HR regarding the on-campus interview and signed up for a 30 minutes time slot.
    Interview was mostly on the resume, past experience, project experience, intern experience with a focus on the technical side. Fairly simple and easy.

Interview Questions

• What was the most technical job you have worked on?   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

applied during career fair and got an email about schedule an interview. Signed up online and had on campus interview two week after. basic behavioral questions. questions were not difficult. it lasted 30 minutes. got another email 3 weeks later saying that i passed first interview but the position was filled already.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

It took a whole day. After a brief talk with the recruiting manager, some experienced engineers from different areas (RF, EM, wireless, and EE) interviewed me one by one, an hour for each. Overall, the interview went on well. No one expected me to know everything but all of them were obviously interested in the logic behind my thoughts. I was familiar with EM, on which we could discuss a lot deeper. On other topics, the typical scenario was that I was given a question that I couldn't give a straight answer to it. Then the interview gave me some hints or background information to continue. I was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Started with block diagram of a wireless receiver. And then followed with questions about noise figure, image suppressing filter, etc.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.